2020 US Election - Trump vs Biden

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
He makes a lot of inappropriate comments but I want to point out that he has since made comments supporting the Asian American community (referring mostly to East Asians in the U.S. vs. South Asians in the UK) and he also backed the appeal for Students for Fair Admissions, who are against racial discrimination against Asian and white students for college admissions as a result of their skin color (essentially whites and Asians had to score better than everyone else in standardized testing to gain access to the same opportunities). He also signed a bill this year, calling for sanctions against those who abuse the Uighur Muslim community in China.

No doubt he is not a perfect man, but this election isn't about choosing the perfect person. It's about the best possible choice given circumstances.
Don't try to make his comments more palatable by saying they are just "inappropriate". It's straight up racism however you try to dress it.

He also refused to rent to black tenants: https://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/28/us/politics/donald-trump-housing-race.html2

I thought he called it the China virus, which is correct as it originated in Wuhan, which is in China!!
Regarding Muslims, Trump is the only president who has highlighted the plight of the 13 million Uyghur Muslims, who have been subjected to the most horrific abuse that includes slave labourer, forced organ harvesting, and re-education camps. Donald Trump is also the only president to stand up to China by clamping down on Chinese owned businesses such as TikTok and We Chat. This is because all Chinese companies are tied to the PRC, and report to them. Additionally, Chinese companies are well known for stealing intellectual property rights of American (and other countries) companies, and then copying and registering them in China. And Trump is the only president to call them out for this. Biden has a very different agenda with the PRC, and wants to cosy up to Xi. !!
I think it should be made clearer that someone can be against a certain regime and their actions (what country hasn’t had its share of questionable leadership?) vs. racism/hatred for a group of people. The Chinese people are not to blame for what happened, given they are just living the best way they can under the regime that is there and Trump has clearly stated that Asian Americans shouldn’t be attacked. I do think Trump should be more careful with his choice of words but I think his focus is more so on the policies and actions of the government than the people.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
If it’s a fact where is your proof? You’re so quick to point out a lack of links to other people.
As you can see, I have posted a link to the Washington Post poll article. I just need to add that I find the tone of your posts so confrontational and really pissy to those who don’t agree with you. Several other posters have also commented on this. So, with that being said, I’m out of this discussion, and would appreciate if you don’t reply. Peace ✌ out.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Don't try to make his comments more palatable by saying they are just "inappropriate". It's straight up racism however you try to dress it.

He also refused to rent to black tenants: https://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/28/us/politics/donald-trump-housing-race.html2
I didn't want to resort to this given I think it's more important to focus on people's actions rather than words and on someone's achievements instead of attacking the opposition, but what do you think of Biden saying "poor kids are just as bright as white kids?" If we really want to get into a discussion about awkward racist comments made by these two candidates, we can be here all day.

Here is the NY Times, a Dem leaning publication, with proof of this happening:

• Heart
I didn't want to resort to this given I think it's more important to focus on people's actions rather than words and on someone's achievements instead of attacking the opposition, but what do you think of Biden saying "poor kids are just as bright as white kids?" If we really want to get into a discussion about awkward racist comments made by these two candidates, we can be here all day.

Here is the NY Times, a Dem leaning publication, with proof of this happening:

How about we go into my points about Trump avoiding renting to black people, proposing a ban on muslims entering the US and calling Coronavirus Kung Flu (so a mixture of actions and words really). Then we can talk about Biden?

I think it should be made clearer that someone can be against a certain regime and their actions (what country hasn’t had its share of questionable leadership?) vs. racism/hatred for a group of people. The Chinese people are not to blame for what happened, given they are just living the best way they can under the regime that is there and Trump has clearly stated that Asian Americans shouldn’t be attacked. I do think Trump should be more careful with his choice of words but I think his focus is more so on the policies and actions of the government than the people.
I agree, it’s the Chinese Communist Party that are responsible for the persecution of the uyghur muslims, and not the Chinese people. Also, it’s not that well known or reported, but the Chinese Government were recently throwing black Africans out of their homes and businesses in China, as the government believed that they were spreading the virus. Trump addressed this, and was outraged, but as I said, it wasn’t really reported on...

How about we go into my points about Trump avoiding renting to black people, proposing a ban on muslims entering the US and calling Coronavirus Kung Flu (so a mixture of actions and words really). Then we can talk about Biden?
I've already made my point regarding the Muslim community and Kung Flu, and you told me it's straight up racism, while I said it was clearly inappropriate but his actions have somewhat redeemed himself in my eyes by supporting the Asian and Muslim communities through legal channels. We have clearly reached an impasse there so I'm not sure what else you want me to say. I'm afraid I don't know enough about the rest of the things you mentioned to make an informed comment there but the First Step Act that I mentioned in a previous comment is "aimed to lessen the overincarceration of black people and the racially disparate impact of federal criminal justice practices by reducing some mandatory minimum sentences. The Bureau of Prisons was instructed to improve and expand inmate rehabilitation programs and prohibit the shackling of pregnant prisoners" according to the Washington Post.

And instead of focusing on the gaffes both candidates have clearly made, why isn't anyone on the Democrat side making some points about why Biden would be a good leader? I've written long and exhaustive posts backed up with actual data and factual events of things Trump has achieved in his four years in office. We can't have an informed discussion otherwise.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I've already made my point regarding the Muslim community and Kung Flu, and you told me it's straight up racism, while I said it was clearly inappropriate but his actions have somewhat redeemed himself in my eyes by supporting the Asian and Muslim communities through legal channels. We have clearly reached an impasse there so I'm not sure what else you want me to say. I'm afraid I don't know enough about the rest of events to make an informed comment there but the First Step Act that I mentioned in a previous comment is "aimed to lessen the overincarceration of black people and the racially disparate impact of federal criminal justice practices by reducing some mandatory minimum sentences. The Bureau of Prisons was instructed to improve and expand inmate rehabilitation programs and prohibit the shackling of pregnant prisoners" according to the Washington Post.

And instead of focusing on the gaffes both candidates have clearly made, why isn't anyone on the Democrat side making some points about why Biden would be a good leader? I've written long and exhaustive posts backed up with actual data and factual events of things Trump has achieved in his four years in office. We can't have an informed discussion otherwise.
I don't support Biden either, I'm not in the US and I don't have an opinion on him. Proposing a ban on Muslims coming to the US is proposing action, it's not just a gaffe. He did one good thing bringing about the First Step Act legislature (mainly prompted by his advisers), and you seem to imply it absolves him of all past transgressions.

I just can’t bare the thought of Biden being the president when I really do feel there is overwhelming evidence of him being highly inappropriate towards children. (That is putting it politely).

I understand there is evidence of Trump being inappropriate as well, but this appears to be from his notoriously inappropriate comments, rather than actions (happy to look at any evidence people have to the contrary). Although indefensible they are not to the extent or scale I’ve seen from Biden. Actions do speak louder than words in my opinion. It’s like being between a rock and a hard place if they are the only choices.

I never thought I would say this but Trump appears to be the better choice to me.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I don't support Biden either, I'm not in the US and I don't have an opinion on him. Proposing a ban on Muslims coming to the US is proposing action, it's not just a gaffe. He did one good thing bringing about the First Step Act legislature (mainly prompted by his advisers), and you seem to imply it absolves him of all past transgressions.
I think it is absolutely a step in the right direction and shows that he does care for people unlike himself, given the US incarcerated population is overwhelmingly African American.

Executive Order 13769 ("Muslim Ban") lowered the number of refugees to be admitted into the United States in 2017 to 50,000, suspended the U.S. Refugee Admissions Program (USRAP) for 120 days, suspended the entry of Syrian refugees indefinitely, directed some cabinet secretaries to suspend entry of those whose countries do not meet adjudication standards under U.S. immigration law for 90 days, and included exceptions on a case-by-case basis. The Department of Homeland Security lists these countries as Iran, Iraq, Libya, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, and Yemen. More than 700 travelers were detained, and up to 60,000 visas were "provisionally revoked."

The majority of these countries were added as countries of concern by Secretary of Homeland Security Jeh Johnson during the Obama administration so it wasn't a policy that was uniquely Trump or came out of nowhere. He just took it a step further.

If you're in Europe, I think the past decade has proven that it's smart to be cautious about admitting refugees, particularly from regions with more political/religious extremism. While many refugees are good people who genuinely need a safe haven, not every single asylum seeker has good intentions and it's not unreasonable to filter carefully. We have seen a lot of unrest and crime (both petty and serious) spiking in many nations who did not do their due diligence. Safety will always be paramount to a nation and its people.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
I think it is absolutely a step in the right direction and shows that he does care for people unlike himself, given the US incarcerated population is overwhelmingly African American.

Executive Order 13769 ("Muslim Ban") lowered the number of refugees to be admitted into the United States in 2017 to 50,000, suspended the U.S. Refugee Admissions Program (USRAP) for 120 days, suspended the entry of Syrian refugees indefinitely, directed some cabinet secretaries to suspend entry of those whose countries do not meet adjudication standards under U.S. immigration law for 90 days, and included exceptions on a case-by-case basis. The Department of Homeland Security lists these countries as Iran, Iraq, Libya, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, and Yemen. More than 700 travelers were detained, and up to 60,000 visas were "provisionally revoked."

The majority of these countries were added as countries of concern by Secretary of Homeland Security Jeh Johnson during the Obama administration so it wasn't a policy that was uniquely Trump or came out of nowhere. He just took it a step further.

If you're in Europe, I think the past decade has proven that it's smart to be cautious about admitting refugees, particularly from regions with more political/religious extremism. While many refugees are good people who genuinely need a safe haven, not every single asylum seeker has good intentions and it's not unreasonable to filter carefully. We have seen a lot of unrest and crime (both petty and serious) spiking in many nations who did not do their due diligence. Safety will always be paramount to a nation and its people.
Why are Saudi Arabia allowed, despite the weapons, America sells to them, goes to ISIS.

So, Trump denied black people access to rental, but he isn't racist?

Why are Saudi Arabia allowed, despite the weapons, America sells to them, goes to ISIS.

So, Trump denied black people access to rental, but he isn't racist?

Hopefully the above article may answer some of your questions re: arms sales to Saudi, and potentially ending up in the hands of terroist organisations.
I also think that even though you’ve had some answers to your other questions, nothing anyone says will be good enough for you, so rather than asking the same questions time after time, perhaps you could educate us on why Biden winning the presidency would be (in your opinion) a good thing?

Last edited:
Reactions: 5

Hopefully the above article may answer some of your questions re: arms sales to Saudi, and potentially ending up in the hands of terroist organisations.
I also think that even though you’ve had some answers to your other questions, nothing anyone says will be good enough for you, so rather than asking the same questions time after time, perhaps you could educate us on why Biden winning the presidency would be (in your opinion) a good thing?
So Saudi Arabia, sell Americans weapon to ISIS, but Trump doesn't block them from coming into the country?

I don't want Biden to win.
I don't want Trump to win.

When will you learn, that those two running the biggest political parties out of America, proves America has failed.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
NO, he called it the “China Virus” MANY more times!! 🙄🙄🙄😂

he also called it the Kung Flu virus, you're ignoring that.

NO, he called it the “China Virus” MANY more times!! 🙄🙄🙄😂

Also, if you can answer this question. Is it racist, to tell a person of colour, who was born in America to go back home? Try and not resort back to Biden to avoid answering.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
he also called it the Kung Flu virus, you're ignoring that.

Also, if you can answer this question. Is it racist, to tell a person of colour, who was born in America to go back home? Try and not resort back to Biden to avoid answering.
He also called it the “China Virus” many more times. Would you like me to post every single article on this?? 😂😂😂. Have fun arguing with yourself, I’m out!! ✌ Peace.

Reactions: 2
He also called it the “China Virus” many more times. Would you like me to post every single article on this?? 😂😂😂. Have fun arguing with yourself, I’m out!! ✌ Peace.
Ducking the question again. Can you answer this simple question? Is it okay to say to someone, born in a America, a person of colour, to go back home, saying they aren't American based on the colour of the skin.

You can actually answer a question to begin with, instead of ducking and dodging.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Trump told people of colour to go back home, despite being born in the America, that's racism. Did he say these words or not?
Hmmmm, that isn't really what he said though was it?

His presumption that a WOC wasn't American was bigoted and seriously misjudged, but he didn't say it in the context you are presenting..... that isn't to say that he shouldn't be called out for it, but it was 100% not said in the context portrayed in your quote.

Biden is also racist, he isn't squeaky clean either....

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Quoting myself because we’re still waiting for this. 🤣

Why hasn’t anyone pointed out why people should vote for Biden when they defend the Dems instead of insulting Trump? 🤔

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.