2020 US Election - Trump vs Biden

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Out of interest, anyone else in the uk (England/Wales/Scotland/NI) hoping he will be elected because it might help Boris play political games with the EU/Brexit

no judgement even though that reads a bit judgey 😂
No. I am from the UK and I am hoping Biden will hold Boris to account and not set up a trade deal if he breaks the GFA.

To renege on it is a kick in the teeth for all in Ireland (NI and ROI) who worked so hard for peace. And Mo Mowlam. I've lived in Northern Ireland for a while and could see how far it has come, but I think that view is also common amongst those critical of Boris's handling of well just about everything.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Oh look, the McDonalds buffet is arriving at the White House for the victory party tonight.

Reactions: 1
Anyone but Trunp, then again we have Boris so are in no position to be casting aspersions.

102 millions early votes casts. That's incredible.

I pray and I hope America goes blue. Trump is leaving behind a legacy of stupidity if he loses tonight or not. I pray America sees sense and gets rid of their dangerous "leader". I also hope the Senate turns. This election has a knock on effect on the rest of the world.

I won't be staying up for election results as last time it wasn't until after 3am (UK time) exit polls started coming in. I might set my alarm for 4am to watch though. Regardless, it's going to be a long, testing week.

/I promise not to say "hope" for the rest of the week 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Out of interest, anyone else in the uk (England/Wales/Scotland/NI) hoping he will be elected because it might help Boris play political games with the EU/Brexit

no judgement even though that reads a bit judgey 😂
Nope. I’m from Scotland and sincerely hope Trump doesn’t win.
Didn’t support Brexit.
Don’t support our glorious leader in Westminster 🙄
The thought of those two trying to play hard ball with EU makes me gag. Only thing worse would be Farage getting in the mix.

Ultimately trump and his environment destroying golf courses can 🖕🏻from Scotland!

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Is anyone staying up in the UK to watch the results come in? I wasn't planning to as I think trump will win but I'm thinking it might be worth seeing it.
No, even if there's an indication tonight/tomorrow which way the popular vote has gone, it is likely to be several days to confirm it, and if it turns nasty could go all the way to December (11th I think it is?). And even then there's a chance of a completely different result if things go weird in the Electoral College phase.

The US Presidential Election process is very very weird.

He won't be "gone", whatever happens he's still president until the inauguration on Jan 20th! That's over two months away! Buckle up for a bumpy ride!

Reactions: 3
i'll be staying up as late as my eyes allow lol
with 2020 being the way it is though i'm expecting 4 more years of Trump

People, people! The really important question is would Biden give as much comedic material over the next 4 years as Don does now? And, How many fact checking jobs will be lost? Twitter staff, Facebook and Insta staff all laid off because they don't need to check and block so much fake news, this could be bad for those who make a living off Dons lies and gaffs. If Biden wins, I shall light a candle for them.

• Haha
Reactions: 8

Yel

I was planning on going for an early night to wake up again at 1, that didn't happen :cautious:

I'll probably now stay up until 2:30 then fall asleep and miss all the good bits :LOL:

Can I ask why you support trump? Not in an argumentative way I'm genuinely just curious as to your reason for supporting him?
Because I think he’s the better man for the job. He’s not perfect by any means but a heck of a lot better than Biden. I think Trump is the better bet for the world in general.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 7
Because I think he’s the better man for the job. He’s not perfect by any means but a heck of a lot better than Biden. I think Trump is the better bet for the world in general.
But why? For what reason? Again I'm not trying to be argumentative I just want to understand the thought process

Reactions: 3
I was planning on going for an early night to wake up again at 1, that didn't happen :cautious:

I'll probably now stay up until 2:30 then fall asleep and miss all the good bits :LOL:
Im the same. The only election night I managed to stay awake for was 2019 and I cried like a baby when the Tories won because I was so tired and upset 😂😂

Will we know the news by the morning?
Doubt it. A lot of people voted by post which haven't been counted and can take longer. And then because it's so close it might get messy. Could end up in courts.

I think there's a deadline of a date in December to have it announced by. This is all hypothetical of course and depends on what way the voting goes, but I just don't see either winning by a landslide making it clean cut. I could see there being chaos either way... all those buildings being boarded up 🙈

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.