2020 US Election - Trump vs Biden

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Biden has at least mentioned respecting and protecting the GFA. Trump has literally not made a peep.
the democrats seem to want to uphold an agreement that took decades to secure, I’m pretty sure trump believes the ROI/NI have a hard boarder..... oh hold on 😐

Probably you'll ask me about Brexit because I just left some very good people who are very much involved with Brexit as you know, and I think it will all work out very well," Trump said.

"And also for you, with your wall, your border. We have a border situation in the United States and you have one over here, but I hear it's going to work out very well."

Sorry... what now 😂
I get why the U.K. might want Trump in office, Boris has already shown his hand when it comes to Brexit, and I can only speak on international but I can’t see how having him in office will benefit anyone in any way.

According to our politicians Biden did nothing for Ireland throughout his time as vice president
do you consider Ireland as Ireland as a whole here or are you speaking as NI, devolved from the U.K.?
I don’t see how trump did anything to support the republic, quite the opposite. 🙁

Sorry I’m derailing with U.K./Irish politics which is a whole other dumpster fire 🤦‍♀️

Reactions: 3
the democrats seem to want to uphold an agreement that took decades to secure, I’m pretty sure trump believes the ROI/NI have a hard boarder..... oh hold on 😐

Probably you'll ask me about Brexit because I just left some very good people who are very much involved with Brexit as you know, and I think it will all work out very well," Trump said.

"And also for you, with your wall, your border. We have a border situation in the United States and you have one over here, but I hear it's going to work out very well."

Sorry... what now 😂
I get why the U.K. might want Trump in office, Boris has already shown his hand when it comes to Brexit, and I can only speak on international but I can’t see how having him in office will benefit anyone in any way.

do you consider Ireland as Ireland as a whole here or are you speaking as NI, devolved from the U.K.?
I don’t see how trump did anything to support the republic, quite the opposite. 🙁

Sorry I’m derailing with U.K./Irish politics which is a whole other dumpster fire 🤦‍♀️
No the north we’ve had billions of American investment over the years but it’s already down 50% with the pandemic . A lot of business is secured through Invest NI most of our technology firms depend on it.

No the north we’ve had billions of American investment over the years but it’s already down 50% with the pandemic . A lot of business is secured through Invest NI most of our technology firms depend on it.
I really don’t want to derail this thread with Irishness 🙈 but how would a Trump administration be more beneficial than a Biden administration in that respect?
Genuine question!

also, because it true 😂😂
5F6A104C-B5E6-490D-BD95-D5BA581331AA.jpeg

I really don’t want to derail this thread with Irishness 🙈 but how would a Trump administration be more beneficial than a Biden administration in that respect?
Genuine question!

also, because it true 😂😂
View attachment 298103
Isn't Boris Trumps witch 😂 and the north belongs to Boris so my take is Trump + Boris = investment ...Biden doesn't figure with the Conservative government .I think Trump will be the only cashcow Boris has once he leaves the EU he'll depend on America more than ever ..Just my take on it I know nothing about politics especially US ones.:)...but Trump is not keen on the EU just like Boris no deal would suit himhttps://www.theguardian.com/politic...mp-brexit-backing-with-vow-to-rip-up-red-tape

Last edited:
Isn't Boris Trumps witch 😂 and the north belongs to Boris so my take is Trump + Boris = investment ...Biden doesn't figure with the Conservative government .I think Trump will be the only cashcow Boris has once he leaves the EU he'll depend on America more than ever ..Just my take on it I know nothing about politics especially US ones.:)
Ah so you are looking at it as NI / an extension of the U.K. and not Ireland as a whole. And what’s best for us as a whole 😝

I still don’t think boris messing with the withdrawal agreement will benefit NI 😕

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Any comprehensive US/UK trade deal needs congressional approval - which is not guaranteed for either president, regardless of Trump's promises.

Reactions: 1
I’m following this all closely, think the polls make it look like joe is streaking ahead but they are predicting a big republican turn out tomorrow. I hope I’m wrong. Can’t believe shops and businesses have had to board up in case of violence tomorrow and after the result - So much for a democracy.
Trump has already told people at his rallies to cause mayhem on the streets if he doesn’t win hence the boarded up stores in cities. There will be major civil unrest no matter what the result though and also groups of people who don’t care about either side but just looking to cause trouble etc. But imagine as a President coming out and saying this 🙄 There is a reason Walmart removed their display guns and ammunition Donnie.

• Angry
Reactions: 5
I'm not American and I don't claim to be clued up on how the political system works over there, but I have been watching this election with interest. A few weeks ago I thought Biden was nailed on to win, especially after Trump's Covid debacle, but in recent days I feel the gap has definitely narrowed and I think it will be a close one. I read the aforementioned story about betting patterns on Popbitch too, and I feel Trump just might do it. I know a lot of his supporters are loud and proud (not in a gay sense, obviously!) but I wonder if there's a certain section of people who either lie about voting for Biden, or just don't want to admit that they will vote for Trump.

We had a similar thing in the UK a few years ago with Brexit/UKIP. They were called Shy Kippers. Same goes for Tory voters at the last election too. I think people are ashamed to say they are voting for a particular side (usually on the political Right), and that is a major reason why a lot of polling has been skewed/inaccurate over the last few years. So in short, while I would be disappointed if Trump wins, I wouldn't be surprised.

I'm not American and I don't claim to be clued up on how the political system works over there, but I have been watching this election with interest. A few weeks ago I thought Biden was nailed on to win, especially after Trump's Covid debacle, but in recent days I feel the gap has definitely narrowed and I think it will be a close one. I read the aforementioned story about betting patterns on Popbitch too, and I feel Trump just might do it. I know a lot of his supporters are loud and proud (not in a gay sense, obviously!) but I wonder if there's a certain section of people who either lie about voting for Biden, or just don't want to admit that they will vote for Trump.

We had a similar thing in the UK a few years ago with Brexit/UKIP. They were called Shy Kippers. Same goes for Tory voters at the last election too. I think people are ashamed to say they are voting for a particular side (usually on the political Right), and that is a major reason why a lot of polling has been skewed/inaccurate over the last few years. So in short, while I would be disappointed if Trump wins, I wouldn't be surprised.
Definitely many closet Trump fans.

Reactions: 2
Is anyone staying up in the UK to watch the results come in? I wasn't planning to as I think trump will win but I'm thinking it might be worth seeing it.

Is anyone staying up in the UK to watch the results come in? I wasn't planning to as I think trump will win but I'm thinking it might be worth seeing it.
I will be going to bed and getting up early say 3am or so, there wont be much happening until then I dont think.

Trump has already told people at his rallies to cause mayhem on the streets if he doesn’t win hence the boarded up stores in cities. There will be major civil unrest no matter what the result though and also groups of people who don’t care about either side but just looking to cause trouble etc. But imagine as a President coming out and saying this 🙄 There is a reason Walmart removed their display guns and ammunition Donnie.
i was watching a live feed of a black woman yesterday who’s so scared she bought herself a gun a few weeks back, they’ve been having a lot of trouble with MAGA supporters (I think she’s in Atlanta) and she thinks the next few months are going to be hell. 🙁

• Sad
Reactions: 5
I'm going to have CNN on most of the evening and then setting alarm for 4am (probably 5am) - I want to stay up and watch straight through but I don't think much will happen until about 4am our time anyway

Really hope Trump doesn't win 😔

Gun sales up. Shops boarded up. Get ready and brace yourselves America.

I think it will be a few days at least til we get the results.

• Sad
Reactions: 4
Out of interest, anyone else in the uk (England/Wales/Scotland/NI) hoping he will be elected because it might help Boris play political games with the EU/Brexit

no judgement even though that reads a bit judgey 😂

I would love to sit up and watch but don't know if I'll manage. If I do I'll have my fingers crossed for lots of blue on the map across all the elections.

Out of interest, anyone else in the uk (England/Wales/Scotland/NI) hoping he will be elected because it might help Boris play political games with the EU/Brexit

no judgement even though that reads a bit judgey 😂

The US/UK "special relationship" isn't what it used to be - one of the main benefits for the US was that we were a good a friend to have in the EU - which we aren't anymore. Sadly for Trump, much as he may not like the EU and think Brexit is great, he still has powerful allies within it and a relationship to maintain there too.

And again - there has been talk for ages about a great trade deal between the US and UK, Trump himself has mentioned. Why has no progress been made?

EDIT: I re-read my posts and honestly, I do try to hide my disdain for Trump and the Republicans but it's tough for me 😅. No offence meant to anyone who supports/votes for them at all. I am fully aware everyone is entitled to their own opinions. Ultimately I support democracy!

Last edited:
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.