2020 US Election - Trump vs Biden

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I also voted a few weeks ago and did NOT vote for Trump. I can’t believe that tomorrow is actually November 3rd. This circus has been going on for a lifetime it feels like. And I agree that it’s interesting to hear the perspective of people who aren’t Americans.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I also voted a few weeks ago and did NOT vote for Trump. I can’t believe that tomorrow is actually November 3rd. This circus has been going on for a lifetime it feels like. And I agree that it’s interesting to hear the perspective of people who aren’t Americans.
I can’t disagree with you there.

So much of LA and NYC being boarded up ready for election day. Not just shops, even buildings like the Empire State. And a massive fence being erected at the White House, which you'd think would be a pretty secure building every day and not in need of extra defences.

Just how badly are they expecting things to kick off, it it all goes a bit Trumpy?

Reactions: 6
There was a journalist on one of our local news review shows earlier he lives in America now ,he was saying they're expecting major civil unrest to kick off he said even the unrest that's been going on he's never come across in all his years living out there it's really bad ...I might have to dawn the MAGA hat for he said NI will lose out big time if creepy Joe wins he's not interested in any trade deals for Ireland ..unlike Trump

I can't see Creepy Joe winning. I'll be amazed it Trump doesn't walk it.

Have read that it might take weeks to get the result. There's already been a load of legal sparring in some states about things like how many days after election day, postal votes can still be counted.

Reactions: 5

So much of LA and NYC being boarded up ready for election day. Not just shops, even buildings like the Empire State. And a massive fence being erected at the White House, which you'd think would be a pretty secure building every day and not in need of extra defences.

Just how badly are they expecting things to kick off, it it all goes a bit Trumpy?
I have a friend in DC, if Trump loses there is worry there will be civil unrest.

I can't see Creepy Joe winning. I'll be amazed it Trump doesn't walk it.

Have read that it might take weeks to get the result. There's already been a load of legal sparring in some states about things like how many days after election day, postal votes can still be counted.
Yes, in previous years it has taken a few days to get all the votes counted.

Reactions: 2
I don’t know haven’t really been following it but they said on that same show Joe was edging ahead , although Trump had better crowd support ?

Trump will not lose, per se, as he already has lawyers ready to fight the votes. He will win, no matter how.
Tomorrow is the end of casting ballots, not the end of the election and counting votes but he is ready to send in teams of lawyers to argue his case. He said so, many times. Steal or fair, he will remain president.

These votes don't actually matter at all. Blue wave and Red wall allyou want, It is the people assigned as electors who actually decide (a few hundred) and they aren't legally obligated to vote the way the people did.

Reactions: 3
I don’t know haven’t really been following it but they said on that same show Joe was edging ahead , although Trump had better crowd support ?
The polls are saying Joe is ahead and apparently they are actually showing lower estimates compared to 2016 (because the polls showed Hillary leading and then she lost thanks to the electoral college) so he may be even more ahead than we know of.

Trump will not lose, per se, as he already has lawyers ready to fight the votes. He will win, no matter how.
Tomorrow is the end of casting ballots, not the end of the election and counting votes but he is ready to send in teams of lawyers to argue his case. He said so, many times. Steal or fair, he will remain president.
He is really awful. If he gets another term, I think he will try and change the constitution to remove presidential term limits. I am here for civil discussion not arguments btw.

The polls are saying Joe is ahead and apparently they are actually showing lower estimates compared to 2016 (because the polls showed Hillary leading and then she lost thanks to the electoral college) so he may be even more ahead than we know of.
Well that's what the guy said earlier on the programme I was watching ....let's hope they both remember their names when they announce the winner eh 😂

Reactions: 1
e

He is really awful. If he gets another term, I think he will try and change the constitution to remove presidential term limits. I am here for civil discussion not arguments btw.
Ah, but the polls said Hillary would win too, and she did win the popular vote, but those electors were Trump all the way.

I didn't think I was arguing? However, I agree he will bend or rewrite to make the office a life term.

Reactions: 2
e

Ah, but the polls said Hillary would win too, and she did win the popular vote, but those electors were Trump all the way.

I didn't think I was arguing?
No, you are not. But I feel I need to disclose it on this thread. Haha.

• Haha
I’m following this all closely, think the polls make it look like joe is streaking ahead but they are predicting a big republican turn out tomorrow. I hope I’m wrong. Can’t believe shops and businesses have had to board up in case of violence tomorrow and after the result - So much for a democracy.

Can’t wait for this election to be over, I just hope it’s not drawn out and we know the winner fairly quickly. Also I’m sick of seeing shite election adverts on tv now, where they basically just slag the other candidate off.

both are terrible candidates but I think Trump will win, there is still a lot of support for him here. I passed a truck bearing a Trump 2020 flag just earlier today, and pretty much everyone I know who is elegible to vote is voting for him. Weirdly a relative in Texas told us that social care has never been so well funded under this administration, which I’m surprised at.

I also read in popbitch recently that in the previous election and Brexit vote the polls were all wrong, but the % of money bet on the other side to win was accurate. This time 80% of money bet is on Trump to win 😳 I just hope there’s not going to be too much rioting, businesses have been boarding up their stores in other states.

There was a journalist on one of our local news review shows earlier he lives in America now ,he was saying they're expecting major civil unrest to kick off he said even the unrest that's been going on he's never come across in all his years living out there it's really bad ...I might have to dawn the MAGA hat for he said NI will lose out big time if creepy Joe wins he's not interested in any trade deals for Ireland ..unlike Trump
this makes me sad.

"We can't allow the Good Friday Agreement that brought peace to Northern Ireland to become a casualty of Brexit.
I hope he does step in if boris starts to renege on the withdrawal agreement, I honestly hope Biden wins for our country as well as the USA.
Nancy Pelosi has also said there is no chance of a US/UK trade agreement if Brexit undermines the Good Friday agreement, Boris and Donald are two sides to the same coin.

as a resident or the ROI or NI we should all want the same thing. Peace.
Boris doesn’t give a flying duck about NI.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
this makes me sad.

"We can't allow the Good Friday Agreement that brought peace to Northern Ireland to become a casualty of Brexit.
I hope he does step in if boris starts, I honestly hope biden wins,
Nancy Pelosi has also said there is no chance of a US/UK trade agreement if Brexit undermines the Good Friday agreement, Boris and Donald are two sides to the same coin.

as a resident or the ROI or NI we should all want the same thing. Peace.
According to our politicians Biden did nothing for Ireland throughout his time as vice president ,he's just no interest what so ever .It will be a big kick in the teeth to lose so much investment ...I don't care who wins I think they're both well past their sell by date .,,I'm completely expecting a do deal we've already started securing our ports ,it's been a hell of a tit year .

Biden has at least mentioned respecting and protecting the GFA. Trump has literally not made a peep.

I hope Biden wins, but I don't expect him to.

In terms of US politics, rather than international issues, I really hope the Democrats manage to flip the Senate and retain the House. That would be a triumph regardless of the presidential election. Watching McConnell be knocked down to minority leader would be at least a bit satisfying.

Last edited:
Biden has at least mentioned respecting and protecting the GFA. Trump has literally not made a peep.

I hope Biden wins, but I don't expect him to.

In terms of US politics, rather than international issues, I really hope the Democrats manage to flip the Senate and retain the House. That would be a triumph regardless of the presidential election. Watching McConnell be knocked down to minority leader would be at least a bit satisfying.
McConnell is an evil bleep.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.