2020 US Election - Trump vs Biden

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Biden or Trump, neither of which fill me with confidence, and both have a few million skeletons in their respective cupboards.

Biden is just a puppet on a string; while Trump is a clown in a suit.

That said I prefer Trump over Biden probably because he is more honest in his stupidity. Moreover, I am always suspicious of the motives behind a lot of the global media, who's reporting seems rather slanted in favour of Biden.

Reactions: 5
For the most part we’ve all been able to have a civilised conversation (which is not always easy when politics is involved)

let’s not change that now 😬
@HelloStereo and @Carmen 6 kiss and make up or duck each other into obscurity with the ignore button 😂

I’m not a baa baa, I know there is a lot of hate for trump and always has been, and I enjoy seeing people defend either side 🤷‍♀️ All I ever see is nutjobs on twitter defending trump (sorry but it’s true, they shout the loudest!) but then again that applies to Biden as well, it’s always the extremes that get attention, so it’s nice to see a relatively sane person/people present an argument in his favour.
And vice-versa with Biden 🙂
It was going so well as well 😂

@svdwoodsen for the most part I enjoy reading your posts. Whilst I don't always agree you don't resort to the name calling which others do, and it makes me read more about your views. So thank you

Reactions: 4
You know, I actually considered it was me, rubbing that one up the wrong way, but she's back, griping on again.
Severe case of frustration if you ask me.(which nobody did. 😂)
Not really though 😂. It just doesn't even seem like a remotely constructive comment I could respond to.

Biden or Trump, neither of which fill me with confidence, and both have a few million skeletons in their respective cupboards.

Biden is just a puppet on a string; while Trump is a clown in a suit.

That said I prefer Trump over Biden probably because he is more honest in his stupidity. Moreover, I am always suspicious of the motives behind a lot of the global media, who's reporting seems rather slanted in favour of Biden.
Apart from who you lean towards I agree with what you said about both Biden and Trump having shady pasts.

I think in politics today few countries have inspiring leaders.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
Not really though 😂. It just doesn't even seem like a remotely constructive comment I could respond to.

Apart from who you lean towards I agree with what you said about both Biden and Trump having shady pasts.

I think in politics today few countries have inspiring leaders.
I kind of agree with your last point but I do admire some of the Scandinavia countries and how they govern. I think the virus has definately highlighted which countries have good leadership and which don't.

I kind of agree with your last point but I do admire some of the Scandinavia countries and how they govern. I think the virus has definately highlighted which countries have good leadership and which don't.
I agree but also how each country was governed before I suppose influenced how they dealt with it. Like in South Korea they had an effective track and trace system in place which helped lower transmission, whereas in western culture there is a skepticism with the government having those details about you so we were later to adopt it.

I know this part is totally anecdotal so I do not have any evidence so feel free to discount this, but I was talking to a Swedish friend today and obviously Sweden had no lockdown. And she was saying 'yes, but in our culture we keep more personal space anyway'.

I agree it definitely highlighted how well government's dealt with it by how seriously they took it and how long they took to respond.

Thanks 😬.why don't you just answer the questions rather than try to redirect with insults? Is it cos you can't? 🤔
As I said previously, I have addressed your questions.

What I haven't done, is scoured the web on your behalf to find additional sources that would satisfy your biases and assumptions.

Reactions: 2
I wonder if Kamala's condescending facial expressions and repeatedly saying, " I'm speaking... I'm speaking... " when she wouldn't answer a straightforward " yes or no " question will be as disastrously damaging as Hillary's referring to Trump supporters as deplorable in the 2016 campaign ?

Reactions: 3
I wonder if Kamala's condescending facial expressions and repeatedly saying, " I'm speaking... I'm speaking... " when she wouldn't answer a straightforward " yes or no " question will be as disastrously damaging as Hillary's referring to Trump supporters as deplorable in the 2016 campaign ?
What's the consensus on Kamala? The people around me don't like her at all (much less than Biden) but I may be in an echo chamber because most of us prefer Trump.

I wonder how the general public, and especially undecided voters, perceives her.

Kamala has a very smug, Meghan Markle energy about her that I just can't stand. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
What's the consensus on Kamala? The people around me don't like her at all (much less than Biden) but I may be in an echo chamber because most of us prefer Trump.

I wonder how the general public, and especially undecided voters, perceives her.

Kamala has a very smug, Meghan Markle energy about her that I just can't stand. :ROFLMAO:
She makes my skin crawl tbh.

• Heart
She makes my skin crawl tbh.
Likewise! She is way too satisfied with herself, fake and dodgy, and just doesn't seem very vice-presidential. Strong Tracy Flick vibes. :ROFLMAO:

Biden's age and general state of confusion makes me afraid that she might become president if he is elected.

I like her but I think that's mainly because she's not an old white man. But I quite like Megans smugness so that doesnt put me off.

Likewise! She is way too satisfied with herself, fake and dodgy, and just doesn't seem very vice-presidential. Strong Tracy Flick vibes. :ROFLMAO:

Biden's age and general state of confusion makes me afraid that she might become president if he is elected.
Maybe it's my suspicious mind, but I've been convinced of that from the beginning.
A few months in, Biden is retired on health grounds, and hey presto! the Dems have a woman, and even better, a woman of colour, in the White house.
Nasty, sneaky, underhand.

I like the mix of opinions here! We all watched the same thing but have different perceptions of the people involved so that's interesting.

Maybe it's my suspicious mind, but I've been convinced of that from the beginning.
A few months in, Biden is retired on health grounds, and hey presto! the Dems have a woman, and even better, a woman of colour, in the White house.
Nasty, sneaky, underhand.
I absolutely believe that this is the plan. Kamala isn't safe enough to be on the ticket in the president position for the purposes of winning this election but this is a good way to get her elected and pander even more to the left, ensuring future support. Lots of maneuvering by the Dems.

I'm thinking there'd be a pretty hysterical reaction from certain quarters, if I said I liked a candidate 'mainly because they were not an old black man.'
How partisan is racism these days?

• Heart
I'm thinking there'd be a pretty hysterical reaction from certain quarters, if I said I liked a candidate 'mainly because they were not an old black man.'
How partisan is racism these days?
I'm sure people would say that if black people had all the power the last few millennia and ran the show almost exclusively. Some people are sick of old white men running the show and it is not racist to say so.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.