2020 Brides & Corona, the hiccup we didn't plan for....

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Getting married on the 26th and I'm so over the moon!! It'll be by the castle where he had our first kiss and my fiancé popped the question and we'll only have close family members attending. I'm so happy we'll get to start our lives together! 🥰🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I feel so sorry for brides and their maids when they go to try on their gowns and have to look at themselves wearing a flippin mask covering their pretty faces.

For all you brides this year, I wish you a very happy celebration.

Reactions: 8
So I had a dream last night that it was my wedding time - during Covid.

It was in a community centre type hall that was really mucky and I was there in my scruffs trying to clean it and make it look nice. But I didn’t have any of the nice decorations I’d spent hours and hours putting time into, to make it look nice. I’d forgotten my shoes, confetti, to make a playlist... basically everything 😂

Guests were starting to arrive and I asked my mum whether I should get changed into my dress and then I woke up... 😳😂 it left me panicking! I remember in my dream thinking that other people that had got married in my venue (actual venue, not community centre) had made it look so nice pre-Covid and then there was me as an unorganised mess!

Arggghh! Serves me right for trying to reduce our wedding guest list in case we have to make amendments - it’d obviously then played on my mind as I was going to sleep!

Reactions: 1
Brides who have got weddings March/April next year. How are you feeling about them?
We’re the first week of April and I feel uneasy. I think they are bad dates because it doesn’t give enough time for any winter repercussions to right themselves. If the restrictions are the same, or even tightened, enough time won’t have passed over winter to be able to start increasing them again.

We have almost 90 guests. We have made a reduced list of 50... any less than this and it then gets tricky and makes me want to go ahead with just us and the kids, no one else.

That’s kind of how I feel. If they are talking about 6 months of restrictions it’s going to take more time that that to get back to larger size weddings.
it’s really hard to get excited especially after already postponing

That’s kind of how I feel. If they are talking about 6 months of restrictions it’s going to take more time that that to get back to larger size weddings.
I'm next June and still worried about it. :(

Reactions: 2
Yeah, it is. My dream wedding was a big family thing, lots of kids playing. I have a split family so the big numbers would help. I feel like if we have smaller numbers it’ll feel awkward.

Is your new date during that time? Have you thought of how things will run if you need to make changes?

Yeah, it is. My dream wedding was a big family thing, lots of kids playing. I have a split family so the big numbers would help. I feel like if we have smaller numbers it’ll feel awkward.

Is your new date during that time? Have you thought of how things will run if you need to make changes?
Yes completely know what you mean. We are the same.
we are now April. My other half only wants to go ahead if we can have the wedding we want (numbers and proper reception) so it would have to be postponed again

• Sad
Reactions: 1
I’m so upset for all us brides to be. I’m June 19th so I know there is still time for things to change. I know people are so much worse off but today is the day I’ve had my first proper wobble. It’s supposed to be one of the most exciting time’s of our lives and it’s nothing but stress. Thinking of everyone 💖💖

• Sad
Reactions: 5
Thinking of everyone affected by today's announcement. It's all so harsh. We had to postpone in April, and our wedding is in just under 3 weeks. We're based in Wales, so it feels like a waiting game for us in finding out as to whether we have to reduce our numbers from 30 to 15. I agree, the excitement we're meant to be experiencing is being tarnished by stress. I hope everyone can enjoy their special day as best as possible.

Reactions: 4
Mixed emotions! I feel like yesterday we had the chance to have our reduced numbers of 50 and now those dreams have been dashed for April.

30 isn’t gonna work for us so it’d do us a favour if it just stays at 15 now 🙄

I was so lucky that my wedding took place last Saturday. Even though it was a smaller capacity it didn’t take away from it being an amazing day. We feel so lucky that we were able to have our day when we did before new restrictions come into play.

Hope everyone is doing ok xx

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I was so lucky that my wedding took place last Saturday. Even though it was a smaller capacity it didn’t take away from it being an amazing day. We feel so lucky that we were able to have our day when we did before new restrictions come into play.

Hope everyone is doing ok xx
Congratulations lovely! Would you mind talking me through what your day looked like? We are spring next year and will get married no matter once as we’ve postponed once already. Did you have a meal and then guests left or? I just want an idea of how the day might be mapped out with 15 or 30 people xx

Congratulations lovely! Would you mind talking me through what your day looked like? We are spring next year and will get married no matter once as we’ve postponed once already. Did you have a meal and then guests left or? I just want an idea of how the day might be mapped out with 15 or 30 people xx
At our venue we have done:
Ceremony
Drinks reception (outside if poss or inside but seated)
Meal
Speeches
Coffee and back round firepit outside or just stay at tables
First dance
Cake
Home around 8/9pm

So not that different from a normal wedding just no disco. But instead it has felt really intimate and chilled.

• Heart