2020 Brides & Corona, the hiccup we didn't plan for....

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Can you not do a private dining room at restaurants - that’s what I’m doing now
We already have our meal booked in for the reception at the venue but will be looking into that if they don't make receptions legal. Insane that it's a loophole that everyone can exploit - makes absolutely no sense.

I really don't know what to do. Postponed our May wedding to October, insurance e-mailed last weekend to say as weddings can legally go ahead they won't cover another postponement. Called our venue who said they are focusing on September weddings at the moment, couples can have their ceremonies there but pushing everything else back until next year.
I guess it just depends on each circumstance. I wanted to have my ceremony and hopefully some form of reception whilst I could guarantee my grandparents can be there and then party with friends next year who I know will be around. Sounds a bit grim but they are all nearly 90 so this is most important to me

Well our plans are all officially changed! Getting married in October with a short wedding reception following this. Hoping that one of the local cocktail bars may let us book out some tables for after this but it might be pushing it.

Then we've confirmed our big party to be the 23rd October next year!! It's gonna be a wedding and 30th birthday combo.

Feeling really excited for the first time in ages!
So lovely to hear that you are excited 🥰

Reactions: 1
So today we made the decision and have postponed to the end of February. Our original date was October. Feel better about it now. However we have said we won't change again so will get married regardless in Feb even if we have to limit numbers.
All our suppliers have moved our date free of charge and our insurance let us change the date free as well.
Back to triple digit countdown but 6 months for things to change and improve.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
We're getting married in October but have postponed the evening reception party bit until the end of April. Some days I'm excited about it others I just want to sit and cry lol

• Heart
We postponed from June to next April. Now for us it’s not a case of IF it’ll be then, but HOW it’ll be then.

Out of our hands really. All we can do it wait and see what restrictions are like then. We have about 87 guests. If guest numbers can increase to 50, I’d be happy enough. Any less than that would cause many headaches and arguments I think 😕

We’ve postponed from July gone to next July. There’s no way I’m going to be able to fit in my dress unless I loose a few stone. Thanks lockdown 🙄

Reactions: 2
Our daughter and her partner were due to get married in April just after lock down started, they moved it to October but have now postponed again until October next year, they had been really strict with who was invited anyway, and to cut the numbers down from 67 to 27 (due to photographer etc being in the room) was heartbreaking. When they phoned the venue to finalise stuff it was them that suggested a postponement (in March the would only let them move it so many months hence the date they picked) so that's what they've done.

Instead of being a happy time, it's been full of worry and upset.

Luckily their travel insurance paid out for the honeymoon, and their wedding insurance paid for their out of pocket wedding expenses.

One good thing is that all their suppliers have been lovely and everything was moved no problem.

Just doing a monthky check in.
How is everyone? Has anyone had their day yet?
We had ours a fortnight ago abroad. Just us and 3 adults of my family and two children. It was absolutely perfect and a massive relief to finally say I do!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Hopefully going to go ahead with the ceremony in December with 30 guests and then have a HUGE reception next year 🤞🏻

We postponed our wedding too... pushed to end of summer 2021 but still went ahead with our marriage at the registry office with just 2 witnesses. Was a perfect day!
Now will get to celebrate with friends and family next year (a year to the day) with a marriage blessing and 2day wedding party.

In the event that there are still lots of restrictions in place, at least we will be married.

Hopefully going to go ahead with the ceremony in December with 30 guests and then have a HUGE reception next year 🤞🏻
Can i ask if you are doing this regarding presents would you expect people who attend the reception to bring a gift even if they gave you one for the wedding (even if they dont attend) my friend is doing the same but has joked (quite seriously) she'll be winning because two lots of presents but this seems a bit over the top (and im not doing it)

• Wow
Can i ask if you are doing this regarding presents would you expect people who attend the reception to bring a gift even if they gave you one for the wedding (even if they dont attend) my friend is doing the same but has joked (quite seriously) she'll be winning because two lots of presents but this seems a bit over the top (and im not doing it)
No I wouldn't. I am hoping we will get gifts from our 25 guests at the ceremony/meal in October but assumed for the big reception in April (if it can even go ahead) nobody would gift us anything. TBH I wouldn't expect gifts anyway as appreciate attending a wedding in itself is an expense

No I wouldn't. I am hoping we will get gifts from our 25 guests at the ceremony/meal in October but assumed for the big reception in April (if it can even go ahead) nobody would gift us anything. TBH I wouldn't expect gifts anyway as appreciate attending a wedding in itself is an expense
Thanks! Id got a gift for their wedding which i now cant attend due to covid but will still give it to them just before/after as normal - but the fact she expects another gift is really grating me!! At least its her being unreasonable and not me

Thanks! Id got a gift for their wedding which i now cant attend due to covid but will still give it to them just before/after as normal - but the fact she expects another gift is really grating me!! At least its her being unreasonable and not me
The only thing I would say is make sure your gift is appropriate. We were originally due to get married in May and somebody sent us their gift "as they had already paid for it and don't want to get another one" which I kind of understand, but it's a gift with the original date personalised on, which I am never going to display as it's not our actual wedding date!! Some people are so dense

• Haha
I haven’t even thought about presents to be honest. I’m not even expecting to get any 🤷‍♀️. I just to want to be able to celebrate with my all my family & friends ❤

The only thing I would say is make sure your gift is appropriate. We were originally due to get married in May and somebody sent us their gift "as they had already paid for it and don't want to get another one" which I kind of understand, but it's a gift with the original date personalised on, which I am never going to display as it's not our actual wedding date!! Some people are so dense
its home-wear and totally non wedding specific (but off the wedding list!) so very safe and appropriate - i intentionally avoided personalisation for that very reason