00s nostalgia #2

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I remember that storyline about Sarah Lou meeting that fella in a chat room in Corrie thinking he was 13. That would of been a good thing for schools to latch onto but I don’t think they ever did.
Oh my gosh I remember this!

Anyone remember the rumours about MSN monitoring conversations once you used the word 'bomb'? We just used to say it constantly 😅

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I just used to scam people out of furniture on Habbo Hotel with my sibling in a Real Hustle style swindle where people would bet furniture on a game of musical chairs but it was always fixed so my sibling would win 😭
Omg we are cut from the same cloth - we used to scam neopoints and special items from ppl still logged in at school/the library! 💅🏻 I still have my lab map looool

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I just used to scam people out of furniture on Habbo Hotel with my sibling in a Real Hustle style swindle where people would bet furniture on a game of musical chairs but it was always fixed so my sibling would win 😭
My cousin got banned from Runescape, several times, for scamming people in various ways.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I remember that storyline about Sarah Lou meeting that fella in a chat room in Corrie thinking he was 13. That would of been a good thing for schools to latch onto but I don’t think they ever did.
I remember that one so well, it was excellent in fairness at the time

Reactions: 3
I saw these in primark yesterday! I had a pair back in 99/00 and lived in them, so comfy! God I felt old in primark! Was like going back in time!
594A54E4-312F-42C1-8109-E1B0E040A596.jpeg

Reactions: 4
I remember I think it was Sugar there was a Rate or Slate page and girls sent in a pic and their teen boy columnist would say whether or not he’d date them :) ‘Lindsay, 14”- She has too much makeup, maybe a bit too slaggish’ 😆

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 24
There was one of those magazines (I want to say Sneak) that had a columnist who had moved from Essex to LA (this was during the heyday of The OC/Laguna Beach) and it was all about her fancy LA high school life and her crush on her best friend’s boyfriend Bad Boy T (the only name I can remember because even then I knew it was a ridiculously cringe name), trying to win the school talent show because the winner got to go on TV, everyone’s mum being a model back in the 80s etc. Looking back it was obviously a load of bollocks made up by a 27 year old journalist in the office in London 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 18
I live not too far from an area in my town where lots of uni students live, loads of them wear these

They’re bringing back digital cameras on a night out too 😂
Omg no. But I bet they won't spend hours having to upload 182 photos to an "Oceana with the girls ❤" album and tagging every single person.

I used to take a disposable camera on nights out and then scan all the developed photos and upload to Facebook thinking I was so edgy 😭

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Omg no. But I bet they won't spend hours having to upload 182 photos to an "Oceana with the girls ❤" album and tagging every single person.

I used to take a disposable camera on nights out and then scan all the developed photos and upload to Facebook thinking I was so edgy 😭
And most.of the photos blurry and out of focus or just of the floor 😄

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I live not too far from an area in my town where lots of uni students live, loads of them wear these

They’re bringing back digital cameras on a night out too 😂
God do Gen Zers have any original thoughts :ROFLMAO: Copying everything 90s/00s and thinking they've invented it

• Haha
Reactions: 16
God do Gen Zers have any original thoughts :ROFLMAO: Copying everything 90s/00s and thinking they've invented it
😂 it’s like when they discover a “life hack” and it goes viral even though people having been doing that so called hack for decades

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Just remembering the X Factor and later on Cheryl Cole? What obsessions and must watch TV 😂 they both had their own tabs on the daily mail online

Reactions: 2
Cheryl of the many surnames.

Who now just calls herself Cheryl (because iirc she went back to Tweedy being her actual surname).

Reactions: 3