00s nostalgia #2

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Can we have a thread title for the new thread? So sad missed Y2K x 2 for this one ;)
Also never heard of Pasta King but ✨
Pasta King was a school dinner choice I think it got brought in as a healthly alternative to pizza and burgers.
There was always a rush to get one before they ran out even though it didn’t really taste of much.

Reactions: 3
Pasta King was a school dinner choice I think it got brought in as a healthly alternative to pizza and burgers.
There was always a rush to get one before they ran out even though it didn’t really taste of much.
There was more water in it than sauce 😆 The sauce to pasta ratio was way off!!

Reactions: 3
They were a kids paradise! Some of my memories:

The whole back wall was floor to ceiling of every bored game you could imagine! Then rows of toys, from Barbie's, Puppy in my pockets, Polly pockets, baby all gone dolls, sea monkeys - basically all the toys you saw advertised between citv!
Then there was the mysterious 99p aisle (a load of plastic tat) which you could get lucky with on occasion!
Lots of stationery, secret diaries, 'forever friends' themed pencil cases ect. You'd be able to pick up your first 'grown up' berol pen for school here, then a fountain pen and cartridges for when you got to secondary school!
Flicking through the posters that you had no intention of buying, but would choose your favourite (usually a dolphin or Winnie the pooh graphic!)
Later on they were the go-to place for Pokémon cards and ridiculously overpriced facias for your Nokia 3310!

Actually a lot of that was 90s nostalgia lol, but Woolworths will always have a special place in my heart!.🥰
I worked in Woolies in mid 00's, which tainted my happy childhood memories of shopping there :LOL: it was absolutely awful, freezing cold in winter, boiling hot in summer, my manager was horrible but fake nice like fat fighters Majorie from Little Britain. I have some fond memories of blasting out cd's during the evening shift when the shop was closed, we had the whole top 40 to choose from in the music section, used to play Lily Allen alright still album a lot in summer 2006, this compilation cd was a big favourite too -
1000006334.jpg

Reactions: 5