The Chateau Diaries #305 2 containers full of junk and off to the brocante to buy more. Weeee!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
[

View attachment 2930137

As I'm sure you're all aware by now, last night there was the most extraordinary northern lights display over parts of the world that usually never see them. Lalande was no exception! The I glanced out of my bathroom window at 1:30am, I noticed strange pale whitish streaks in a pinkish sky. I'd heard that the lights are more visible on photos, so - not expecting much - I took a photo of the dark night sky on my mobile, and the first photo above was the result! I couldn't believe it! I threw on my dressing gown and ran out into the night. Half and hour - and one drenched pair of slippers - later, I had taken all of these stunning photos around the chateau. It felt totally magical. In spite of travelling to the arctic circle, I've never seen the northern lights, and I can't believe that my first experience of them was from my bathroom window at Lalande!

Please feel free to download these photos for your own personal (but not commercial) use - I think they'd make marvellous screen savers!

Lots of love to all of you from Lalande,
Stephanie x​

[/QUOTE]
The witch has traveled to the arctic circle and wants you to fix her dump! Unbelievable! Don’t you love how the idiotic braggart had to get that info out in her message when she has been ebegging from people on fixed incomes for years!

Now she is trying to curry favor and act like she is the best friend of viewers by suddenly offering photos to download as screensavers? The poor little orphan princess, even put on a dressing gown and got her slippers drenched “running” around in the dark, taking photos for you, her dear viewers and Patrons 🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮. Is that worth $32,000 per month?

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 36
You're a better man than I am, Gunga Din. I'm so crabby I can't eat with people like that, not even in a restaurant where they're disrespecting somebody else's food.
I did absent myself to the kitchen, the lady I was sitting next to is Zimbabwean and an ex-farmer. She takes no prisoner and said she couldn't participate in this kind of conversation!
One of the amusing things to happen was the vegetarian ate the fish curry, I had made little individual Dahl bowls to accommodate her! When I see what is available fresh in the area the dump is in, I could cry with frustration. How lovely to have a big basket of fresh strawberries, I have to make do with frozen berries for puddings. This time I made good old Summer pudding with gluten free bread- of course. The fruit oozed out and was topped with a dollop of cream and juice from the fruit.
Oh, to have oodles of fresh berries and poor old Marie makes pavlovas.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
The local farmers' markets are open almost every day of the week. There is no excuse.
And Romain Moreau is right there in Crozon. When he's not at the farmers' markets.
I thought of FRK @billybudd when I went for my Saturday visit to Emilio (the guy who sells produce from the back of his truck on the weekends.) He's from Mexico, and while his English is perfect, makes me converse in Spanish (once he learned I lived in Mexico and can speak his dialect, he insists I should be speaking it more often.) Thanks to Emilio and our shared camaraderie, I learned where the legit Mexican restaurants and bodegas are. Today's find at his stand (because every week is different, based on what is in season)- tomatoes, Mexican zucchini (ZOMG- so different than regular cougettes!), corn (the corn is so sweet right now), tomatillos, peppers, citrus, melons, onions... "Where do these beautiful oranges come from?" "South America." A few weeks ago, he had local honey, and it was pretty phenomenal- I have already gone through half a jar! At Casa de T Rex, we are living our best lives- for $20, we get an abundance of amazing produce every week (I usually snap a pic and send it to my mum, as she is jelly), and don't eat the same thing day after day. I buy my meats from the butcher and restaurant supply chain store as well (better quality & prices), and we are sorted. When a new "Food & Wine" magazine arrives, Mr. T Rex will put a sticky note on a page of a dish he wants me to make- we are always up to try something new.

I jest that if the world falls apart, we will not starve at Casa de T Rex, but there is truth to that. I can make a delicious meal out of literally anything. But I am no chef- just a home cook, creative eater, but I will claim "Yachtie Chef" as my own, since I own a yacht, provision and cook aboard. And rest assured, because I detest Pavlova, there will certainly be none of that! Egg whites belong in a sad omelette or in an angel food cake.

Also this week and last, at our local Sam's Club, raspberries (Driscoll's at that!) were like $3 for a double pack. Sorry folks, nothing to see here- I consumed the last double container in 4 days, and am now halfway through the latest one (purchased yesterday.)

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
I'm a coffee snob and being served coffee like that is not what makes a good cup of coffee! I don't imagine he preheated the coffee pot so the coffee is served lukewarm. I don't imagine any of them know how to make coffee since they are tea drinkers so the coffee is weak. They probably don't know how to buy coffee so they buy the cheap stuff already ground. If they want to be French about serving coffee after dinner, which they don't of course, they would be serving espresso. But then you wouldn't have a porcelain espresso server for PP to play with. I do wonder how some of the Americans can stand to go without good coffee at the dump. Why don't they have an espresso maker for their guests? Answer: because they don't care about their guests!
Yet she has 5 chocolate makers... 🤷‍♀️

• Haha
  • Wow
The witch has traveled to the arctic circle and wants you to fix her dump! Unbelievable! Don’t you love how the idiotic braggart had to get that info out in her message when she has been ebegging from people on fixed incomes for years!

Now she is trying to curry favor and act like she is the best friend of viewers by suddenly offering photos to download as screensavers? The poor little orphan princess, even put on a dressing gown and got her slippers drenched “running” around in the dark, taking photos for you, her dear viewers and Patrons 🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮. Is that worth $32,000 per month?
[/QUOTE]
She and Mason went to Iceland or Finland on an exchange. When she bought red riding hood cape

• Wow
Reactions: 26
@mrsp67 while I’ve never been married, much less had a successful longterm relationship I do have a few insights into men. As a gentleman of a certain age I began going through andropause in my late 40’s escalating into my early 50’s. It’s also called age related low testosterone. My symptoms were very similar to what you are describing. Short tempered to the point of viciousness, belittling, frustrated, distractible and quite a bit scared. For me the personality changes were confusing and frightening. I also noticed physical changes, some involving the act of sex itself, some just bodily changes. And the hot flashes, dear God, the hot flashes. How you ladies manage that I’ll never know. I think your husband comes from a very macho culture. If so,he’s probably terrified and that will add fuel to the fire. Not all men go through this. I have a terrific care team and both my primary care and urologist did not recommend HRT for men as it often worsens the symptoms, not to mention causing health complications. They still sent me to an endocrinologist, who confirmed the diagnosis and also recommended against it. The best advice I got was to wait it out and let my hormone levels readjust. Once I was on the other side of the process, my symptoms resolved and most of the behaviors reverted to normal. I am still more short tempered and my filters are absolutely shot, but I’ve learned to stop and take a deep breath before responding. That said, if he is indeed going through andropause that’s still no excuse for his behavior. Most men are loathe to get medical help for the simplest of things, much less something they might see as embarrassing. He will probably need to be coaxed into going. I’m not a prayer personally. In this instance I have asked my church prayer chain across the Gulf Coast and up the Eastern Seaboard to put out a request. Even my humanist group is asking for good vibes for you. I hope this helps and you get the best possible outcome to your challenges. This poisonous troll will be here if you need any more support.

• Heart
Reactions: 51
She and Mason went to Iceland or Finland on an exchange. When she bought red riding hood cape

[/QUOTE]
Speaking of sungazers, whatever happened with the one that she visited in Vermont. It’s in one of the travel vlogs… February 2020? His sister was in some of the pre-Christmas videos from 2019 and I presume he was there with her because they had just returned from a trip to Estonia and Finland. Must be they have not been able to see each other for over a year. She speaks of him in various videos and there was another travel vlog where they drove from Portugal back to France. I wonder how serious that relationship was and what the initial attraction was and I remember her speaking of him and how she met him before she started doing vlogs at another Château party. It’s a bit of a mystery. But really she refers to all of these men as platonic friends…?

Reactions: 19
For those of you who watch Micarah Tewers (take note, Fanny) this is how it is done:

But what would she know- she only has 2.3M subscribers!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
Derail: attention 15 hags, smart creative intuitive & multi cultural people who I find intellectually stimulating. I’ve found myself in a conundrum. And I know so many of you have many health and family issues, that I do pray for. But i need advice as many of you are in long time marriages and partnerships. I’m embarrassed to talk to my people. I’ve been married for 34 years and have been working with my husband 6 days a week for 25 years, lately he has become so disgruntled, dismissive and angry. Going as fas as embarrassing me in front of the staff. I try walking away and he hates it. Besides medicating myself to numbness I’ve no idea how to handle it!! Please advise!!!
6 days a week for 25 years... oh my word I don't know how you made it this far. Is it possible to find work elsewhere? I did it for 3 years maybe, it was horrendous and he was dismissive to me in front of staff. It's very hurtful. I quit and started volunteering at the school. Financially it didn't make sense but I just couldn't work with him any more. What would happen to the business if you quit? Can he quit?

• Heart
Reactions: 27
For those of you who watch Micarah Tewers (take note, Fanny) this is how it is done:

But what would she know- she only has 2.3M subscribers!
Thank you for recommending her! I love her videos. She just posted this short video on her instagram last week.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
[

View attachment 2930137

As I'm sure you're all aware by now, last night there was the most extraordinary northern lights display over parts of the world that usually never see them. Lalande was no exception! The I glanced out of my bathroom window at 1:30am, I noticed strange pale whitish streaks in a pinkish sky. I'd heard that the lights are more visible on photos, so - not expecting much - I took a photo of the dark night sky on my mobile, and the first photo above was the result! I couldn't believe it! I threw on my dressing gown and ran out into the night. Half and hour - and one drenched pair of slippers - later, I had taken all of these stunning photos around the chateau. It felt totally magical. In spite of travelling to the arctic circle, I've never seen the northern lights, and I can't believe that my first experience of them was from my bathroom window at Lalande!

Please feel free to download these photos for your own personal (but not commercial) use - I think they'd make marvellous screen savers!

Stephanie x​

[/QUOTE]
I guarantee she got dog tit on her slippers.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 30
My feelings too.Pekey. I wondered if he is concerned about his health or perhaps financial/ business worries that he hasn't shared with you. I would definitely approach him about the way he speaks to you in front of staff. and make it very clear that it cannot continue. Hope that you can get things back on an even keel. xxx
That was my first thought Jeeves. He is hiding something and it's stressing him out. Mrsp67 take him out for a long drive in the country and buy him lunch and hopefully he will spill the beans. Good luck!

• Heart
Learned something new today from Julie at Mapleton ( thought she was saying it wrong) but caschepot. is pronounced cash po..... so there you go Snorts. It's not cash pot as you say all the time. Not a smart as you think you are Mr. Pretentious..
I prefer Jardiniere myself. <Even more pretentious> :cool:

• Haha
  • Heart
It's so telling that Fanny used the term Arctic Circle as a travel destination, that's very misleading. So where exactly did she go? Finland, Sweden, Iceland, Russia, Alaska, Greenland, Canada or Norway? She likes to present it as she was hobnobbing with polar bears by omitting information. It reminds me of people that say that have been to this country or that country when all they did was go through the airport in said country. She's so full of herself. And why mention that her slippers got wet? So? What's that got to do with anything, other than her stupidity of not wearing proper footwear.
---

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
Derail: attention 15 hags, smart creative intuitive & multi cultural people who I find intellectually stimulating. I’ve found myself in a conundrum. And I know so many of you have many health and family issues, that I do pray for. But i need advice as many of you are in long time marriages and partnerships. I’m embarrassed to talk to my people. I’ve been married for 34 years and have been working with my husband 6 days a week for 25 years, lately he has become so disgruntled, dismissive and angry. Going as fas as embarrassing me in front of the staff. I try walking away and he hates it. Besides medicating myself to numbness I’ve no idea how to handle it!! Please advise!!!
Hun, do everything that everyone has suggested, but also ascertain what is yours and protect your assets. You never know when you might need to go. Stay strong, don't let anyone disrespect you, x

• Heart
Reactions: 25

View attachment 2930137

Stephanie x​
Does she think she'll win Brownie point for this or something 🤔

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Has this April 30, 2024 FRK Patreon post already been posted here? Marie has stopped her Patreon and will unpublish her Patreon page? She is now 100% at the mercy of the Shittelaine and paltry earnings from instagram. She has pretty much shut down her YouTube channel. It will all end in tears. She had reopened her Patreon account approximately August 17, 2023, only to shut it down again 8.5 months later.

Marie is now “ the florist who cooks “ on her instagram.

Hi everyone!
April 30
April is almost over and I’ve been wanting to come on here to let you know what I’ve decided.

First of all, thank you so much for the kind messages and lovely words on my latest post. You all are so incredibly thoughtful and caring, and for that I’ll be forever greatful.
I have decided to not continue my Patreon page for the time being, which I am sure many of you have guessed!
It’s been a incredible journey and I can’t thank you enough for all your support.
Patreons with subscriptions have been paused and my page will become unpublished once everyone has had a chance to read this post.

Sending you all lots of love. See you over on Instagram 🙂
Marie x

---
Does she think she'll win Brownie point for this or something 🤔
Her offer to download the photos is only open to patrons. Is she trying to entice more people to sign up on Patreon so they can download the five photographs? Stephanie Jarvis does nothing for free.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 31
Yet she has 5 chocolate makers... 🤷‍♀️

so ones who are watching and grumbling about POV that the repairs arent being completed and are angry about it should shut up and go away. F$F and her channel is something of a cultural icon to tune into that others like us uncouth and uncultured could learn a thing or two from.... oh lord please stop the delusional thinking. She and little lord smarmy Farquak's waiter table layer are NOT THE PINNACLE OF CULTURE icons to all we should refer to

• Haha
  • Heart
Sorry to hear, perhaps he needs to see a doc as his sugar levels may be skew wif, low magnesium levels, or even underactive thyroid. I know when my levels are out I get angry easily and my anxiety goes through the roof, my poor husband spends a lot of time in his mancave when that happens 😢

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.