The Chateau Diaries #305 2 containers full of junk and off to the brocante to buy more. Weeee!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
mrsp67
I know what it is like, my partner starting to disrepect me in front of friends and tell stories that just weren't true. Finally at a BBQ they started up so I stood there and barked them did a wolf howl and then continued barking. Furiously they hissed at me to stop, I just spoke very loudly treat me like a dog I act like a dog and walked of and went home. They arrived very much later slept in spare room. Next morning huge row. Thinking about it dont follow the advice we rowed for two weeks and seperated. Ah good luck with it .

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
. I'd rather see FRK go to the Farmer's Market than watch another Brocante shopping excursion!
thats exactly what Shrek and Fiona have done , and they took their guests alongside .!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 27
@mrsp67 thank you for reaching out to us. Lots of good advice already. Been married forever to a European fellow so would, based upon my experience, take a thorough but gentle approach.

Write down your concerns, examples of his rudeness, causation etc. (perhaps he’s not even aware?) Does he have a round birthday coming up? Is he stocktaking his future and past ? Employees more difficult to find since Covid? Why has he changed, is he aware that he’s going this? Does he have any health worries. Explain to him you have spent many hours pondering this, hence the written “essay” . You are just trying to help him because he obviously isn’t feeling good about himself right now.

I experienced this when 50th bday was looming for my chap. He was reacting and not being introspective (shock 😁). Two decades later he’s as sweet as pie, not quite Marie’s pavlova. NOT that it took 20 years!

Sending you hugs and wishing you tranquility. This too shall pass….. one way or another. 😘

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Happy Mother's Day fellow tattlers. We were so fortunate last night the gods were kind and we witnessed our first aurora, now I can tick it off the bucket list. Heard Fanny had luck too, but I think ours was better
That is gorgeous Stroppy!

• Heart
Reactions: 20
If Marie didn’t do the pretentious, toe-curling and entirely unnecessary speechifying for the B&B guests, Stephanie’s content tank would be running on empty.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 30
Is Stephanie wearing new yellow pajamas underneath her grifted 100 stars robe. Are they new $400 lily silk pajamas? The 100 stars robes seem to be made of very thin material.

Having seen some of the 100 stars robes, the quality of the material was appalling. I wouldn't use them for cleaning cloths, yet alone put it on my back. Only fit for the rubbish bin.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 26
Morning All, not long awake here on the South Coast of Spain where there was no light shows. I miss all the good bits, but my friend who lives near Corfe Castle sent me the attached pic. It’s a very famous ruin, attracting thousands of visitors every year.

It could be a pic of the Shitoo in a few years time but doubt anyone would want to go see it, would they ?????? 🤪🤔

The latest from Lancelot’s IG too. Artic Circle no less!!!!! . Is there anywhere that Fanny hasn’t been ?

As for Grant 🙄😂

Attachments

• Haha
  • Heart
Has this April 30, 2024 FRK Patreon post already been posted here? Marie has stopped her Patreon and will unpublish her Patreon page? She is now 100% at the mercy of the Shittelaine and paltry earnings from instagram. She has pretty much shut down her YouTube channel. It will all end in tears. She had reopened her Patreon account approximately August 17, 2023, only to shut it down again 8.5 months later.

Marie is now “ the florist who cooks “ on her instagram.

Hi everyone!
April 30
April is almost over and I’ve been wanting to come on here to let you know what I’ve decided.

First of all, thank you so much for the kind messages and lovely words on my latest post. You all are so incredibly thoughtful and caring, and for that I’ll be forever greatful.
I have decided to not continue my Patreon page for the time being, which I am sure many of you have guessed!
It’s been a incredible journey and I can’t thank you enough for all your support.
Patreons with subscriptions have been paused and my page will become unpublished once everyone has had a chance to read this post.

Sending you all lots of love. See you over on Instagram 🙂
Marie x

---

Her offer to download the photos is only open to patrons. Is she trying to entice more people to sign up on Patreon so they can download the five photographs? Stephanie Jarvis does nothing for free.
Doesn't bode will for Marie methinks, she will crash and burn in the end.

Don't think we'll ever get to see her buying food at the local market. Fanny has her on a tight budget and if the markets are anything like they are here, things will be out of her price range for guest dinners (if it were just for Fanny then skies the limit but it's not). Also, if like here, they all shut up shop at Midday she's never get there in time with everything else she does in the morning breakfast, clearing away breakfast, walking the dog etc etc.

Then again she has allowed this to happen because she so wants to be Fanny's BFF, something she never will be. So meagre beige dinners with the odd flower thrown in it is.

• Sad
  • Heart
Derail: attention 15 hags, smart creative intuitive & multi cultural people who I find intellectually stimulating. I’ve found myself in a conundrum. And I know so many of you have many health and family issues, that I do pray for. But i need advice as many of you are in long time marriages and partnerships. I’m embarrassed to talk to my people. I’ve been married for 34 years and have been working with my husband 6 days a week for 25 years, lately he has become so disgruntled, dismissive and angry. Going as fas as embarrassing me in front of the staff. I try walking away and he hates it. Besides medicating myself to numbness I’ve no idea how to handle it!! Please advise!!!
It's horrible when we have to go through this on top of all the other things we have to function with. Be strong and be honest. Find a time when you're just the two of you and talk straight and plain with him. He may not even realise he's doing these things.

I sometimes feel that himself and I have got this far more through luck than judgement, if you know what I mean! There is no road map to a super happy marriage/relationship and each one is different. I have often found that the most open truths come out in the heat of the moment. But then at other times I bide my time and wait to see what is causing the problem knowing that, eventually, it will come out in a totally unrelated conversation. But always go with openness and honesty. Tell him how you feel and how he's making you feel, those two things are not the same.

Look after yourself and be kind to yourself ❤
---
It's not a life you'd be proud to tell your friends your son has accomplished... What can they say? "Oh Philip? He's shacked up with a 50 year old who grifts money from gullible people. They live in a stone house with no heat.. No he doesn't work. He lives off of what she grifts, he's found an interest in E-Bay and she lets him buy whatever he wants with the money she grifts.. They just travel a lot on the grift. No, there's no pension or benefits package, she bought him a dog though.. 50% off".
And I bet there's no dental.
---
But….only Steph and BubbleGirl find Snorts attractive and will overlook the hair system. No one else in the world finds him sexy.
But does BubbleGirl find Thrush attractive ? Or were they just friends in crisis? I got the feeling, from her IG, that 🫧 Girl bats for the other side ?
---
Sometimes husbands are dicks.🤷‍♀️
Ain't that the truth 😉
---
[

View attachment 2930137

As I'm sure you're all aware by now, last night there was the most extraordinary northern lights display over parts of the world that usually never see them. Lalande was no exception! The I glanced out of my bathroom window at 1:30am, I noticed strange pale whitish streaks in a pinkish sky. I'd heard that the lights are more visible on photos, so - not expecting much - I took a photo of the dark night sky on my mobile, and the first photo above was the result! I couldn't believe it! I threw on my dressing gown and ran out into the night. Half and hour - and one drenched pair of slippers - later, I had taken all of these stunning photos around the chateau. It felt totally magical. In spite of travelling to the arctic circle, I've never seen the northern lights, and I can't believe that my first experience of them was from my bathroom window at Lalande!

Please feel free to download these photos for your own personal (but not commercial) use - I think they'd make marvellous screen savers!

Lots of love to all of you from Lalande,
Stephanie x​
The witch has traveled to the arctic circle and wants you to fix her dump! Unbelievable! Don’t you love how the idiotic braggart had to get that info out in her message when she has been ebegging from people on fixed incomes for years!

Now she is trying to curry favor and act like she is the best friend of viewers by suddenly offering photos to download as screensavers? The poor little orphan princess, even put on a dressing gown and got her slippers drenched “running” around in the dark, taking photos for you, her dear viewers and Patrons 🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮. Is that worth $32,000 per month?
[/QUOTE]
I picked up on that too. witch.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 34
It's not a life you'd be proud to tell your friends your son has accomplished... What can they say? "Oh Philip? He's shacked up with a 50 year old who grifts money from gullible people. They live in a stone house with no heat.. No he doesn't work. He lives off of what she grifts, he's found an interest in E-Bay and she lets him buy whatever he wants with the money she grifts.. They just travel a lot on the grift. No, there's no pension or benefits package, she bought him a dog though.. 50% off".
As Snorty's father is a pensions adviser, I would guess that he has sold the two of them pension packages.. I doubt if Fanny has ever previously bothered to finance her own future retirement; she probably hoped Nic and Potty would still be around to bail her out, or she would live on the family inheritance. She's certainly never worked to earn a pension. I expect Janssen senior earned himself a huge commission on whatever he recommended to his son and the cougar.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
@mrsp67 while I’ve never been married, much less had a successful longterm relationship I do have a few insights into men. As a gentleman of a certain age I began going through andropause in my late 40’s escalating into my early 50’s. It’s also called age related low testosterone. My symptoms were very similar to what you are describing. Short tempered to the point of viciousness, belittling, frustrated, distractible and quite a bit scared. For me the personality changes were confusing and frightening. I also noticed physical changes, some involving the act of sex itself, some just bodily changes. And the hot flashes, dear God, the hot flashes. How you ladies manage that I’ll never know. I think your husband comes from a very macho culture. If so,he’s probably terrified and that will add fuel to the fire. Not all men go through this. I have a terrific care team and both my primary care and urologist did not recommend HRT for men as it often worsens the symptoms, not to mention causing health complications. They still sent me to an endocrinologist, who confirmed the diagnosis and also recommended against it. The best advice I got was to wait it out and let my hormone levels readjust. Once I was on the other side of the process, my symptoms resolved and most of the behaviors reverted to normal. I am still more short tempered and my filters are absolutely shot, but I’ve learned to stop and take a deep breath before responding. That said, if he is indeed going through andropause that’s still no excuse for his behavior. Most men are loathe to get medical help for the simplest of things, much less something they might see as embarrassing. He will probably need to be coaxed into going. I’m not a prayer personally. In this instance I have asked my church prayer chain across the Gulf Coast and up the Eastern Seaboard to put out a request. Even my humanist group is asking for good vibes for you. I hope this helps and you get the best possible outcome to your challenges. This poisonous troll will be here if you need any more support.
My God, @MRShavershamsdress you have just described to a t my husbands behaviour from about 5 to 10 years ago. I suggested he go and see someone but he adamantly refused. I was also going through a shitload of bad health at the time having had a thyroidectomy due to cancer and, frankly, didn't know which way was up! Somehow we came through it and he rode out his storm of whatever it was and I, after 2 disasters of medical professionals found a wonderful endocrinolgue and got my meds sorted out.

Another bizarre change to his behaviour happened just recently. His mother died. And he has become a lighter more ready to shrug tit off person! It occurred to me earlier this week, this change in his demeanour, and you guys are the only people I've mentioned it to because I guess it's a tricky, thorny subject. He was not close to his mother. She was a narcissist. And having moved here over 20 years ago hasn't seen much of her. But since her death it is as if an invisible weight has been lifted.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 37
It's me again. I know you are getting a lot of advice to your comment, but I just want to add that until you know what's going on, don't be too hard on him. If I had known my husband was having mental problems and couldn't help his behavior, I would have been much more patient and understanding. Give him the benefit of the doubt. You've been together a long time and this sounds out of character for him. But please, do get help for him and yourself before making any rash decisions. ❤
I so agree with this. So often, this kind of behaviour is caused by the other person's great sadness/unhappiness which could be caused by physical or mental health problems or maybe business issues. It could, of course, be something different, but until you have discussed it, you won't know and I would give him the benefit of the doubt. When someone is the victim of that behaviour, they often react with anger which then spirals on both sides. If he's going through something difficult, it's the person he is closest to, lives and works with who is at the receiving end of his pent up frustration and it may not reflect negative feelings towards you, that's just how it comes out. Take care of yourself, too.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
Another bizarre change to his behaviour happened just recently. His mother died. And he has become a lighter more ready to shrug tit off person! It occurred to me earlier this week, this change in his demeanour, and you guys are the only people I've mentioned it to because I guess it's a tricky, thorny subject. He was not close to his mother. She was a narcissist. And having moved here over 20 years ago hasn't seen much of her. But since her death it is as if an invisible weight has been lifted.
A similar thing happened with my hubby. She spent the entire time trying to interfere with us and our children. Despite my best efforts (making her curtains, sewing a velvet evening skirt for her, catering a surprise Golde wedding party for them, etc) it was never enough and I eventually ceased contact with her after we were married for 25 years and he paid his brief duty visits until she died. FiL was henpecked and wanted everyone to go along with what she decreed for a quiet life as he suffered if anyone failed to toe the line. She wasn't particularly interested in Mr J until we were dating as she favoured his older (also narc.) sister, the Cambridge grad. (She refused to meet me when Mr. J and I got engaged as she had a farmer's daughter lined up for him and really why would he want a "city girl"? When she finally agreed to meet, she decided I was "quaint and ok considering my background!" My parents were furious!! I was introduced to a friend of theirs as Mr's J friend a week before we were married. On the morning of the wedding, she told him as he left for church with his best man that she'd give us 6 months and he'd beg to come home! (We celebrate our 47th anniversary this summer.) She wore all black to the wedding and sulked the whole time. Afterwards she couldn't understand why he gravitated more to my family after we were married. Interesting too, that hubby had a stammer from childhood, which disappeared after he left his parent's home. No wonder he felt. that a burden was lifted.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 38
It's horrible when we have to go through this on top of all the other things we have to function with. Be strong and be honest. Find a time when you're just the two of you and talk straight and plain with him. He may not even realise he's doing these things.

I sometimes feel that himself and I have got this far more through luck than judgement, if you know what I mean! There is no road map to a super happy marriage/relationship and each one is different. I have often found that the most open truths come out in the heat of the moment. But then at other times I bide my time and wait to see what is causing the problem knowing that, eventually, it will come out in a totally unrelated conversation. But always go with openness and honesty. Tell him how you feel and how he's making you feel, those two things are not the same.

Look after yourself and be kind to yourself ❤
---

And I bet there's no dental.
---

But does BubbleGirl find Thrush attractive ? Or were they just friends in crisis? I got the feeling, from her IG, that 🫧 Girl bats for the other side ?
---

Ain't that the truth 😉
---

The witch has traveled to the arctic circle and wants you to fix her dump! Unbelievable! Don’t you love how the idiotic braggart had to get that info out in her message when she has been ebegging from people on fixed incomes for years!

Now she is trying to curry favor and act like she is the best friend of viewers by suddenly offering photos to download as screensavers? The poor little orphan princess, even put on a dressing gown and got her slippers drenched “running” around in the dark, taking photos for you, her dear viewers and Patrons 🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮. Is that worth $32,000 per month?
I picked up on that too. witch.
[/QUOTE]
Really good advice in long relationships there are always ups and downs, it may just be a passing phase. Do tell him though, I am sure it is nothing serious just that we always take our frustrations or angst on this closest to us because we know they will take it. I hope things improve

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Derail: attention 15 hags, smart creative intuitive & multi cultural people who I find intellectually stimulating. I’ve found myself in a conundrum. And I know so many of you have many health and family issues, that I do pray for. But i need advice as many of you are in long time marriages and partnerships. I’m embarrassed to talk to my people. I’ve been married for 34 years and have been working with my husband 6 days a week for 25 years, lately he has become so disgruntled, dismissive and angry. Going as fas as embarrassing me in front of the staff. I try walking away and he hates it. Besides medicating myself to numbness I’ve no idea how to handle it!! Please advise!!!
I am so sorry. It is a delicate situation which eventually repeats itself in every other long term marriage. The reasons are plenty from mental exhaustion and simple health problems to cultural changes and financial stress. We hear so much about women’s aging issues, but men experience physical and mental decadence with age too, men change as much as women and their minds sometimes can not cope with what their bodies are going through. Male culture is worse to adjust and accept those changes. You mentioned your husband is from the Middle East and ME men must be even more difficult to open up and acknowledge changes.

My tip? I agree with @Lady Avonlea comment:

“It's a sensitive subject but you could suggest your husband get an annual physical as he may be experiencing male 'menopause', which can result in mood swings, irritability, insomnia, and a lack of enthusiasm and energy. There could also be some other physical ailment that may be afflicting him and causing a change in his personality. Worth checking out if he's open to you raising the topic”.

Do you have kids? Adult children can help you in this moment, they can help you talk about sensitive issues if they are added to the conversation. If not. Maybe friends or someone close to you two, who may have notice his behavior changes and help you convince your husband to have a check up or see a therapist.

Be strong dear, don’t shy away.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.