Strictly Come Dancing 2024 #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
See, I'm at the other end - I find some of them really bland and forgettable. And I'm not enticed to go to the pro tour.

I can't abide Diane or Neil. Vito and Jowita are bland. Kai started off well but now seems to have faded away. Nikita was brilliant with Layton - the only way is down. Like Carlos but he did the dirty to AS with that Cha Cha. Michelle who? Lauren is a brilliant dancer and I hope she gets a long run in this years competition

At times I'm fast forwarding during strictly like I did at the end of X Factor 😳😳😳

I stopped watching It Takes Two cos of Rylan and the Clinton's (who I also can't abide - brother and sister)

I hope they have a good cast this year. If not, I'll be spending Saturday nights flicking through Netflix
Each to their own I suppose! I think Kai will come back into it if he gets someone a bit younger to bring out his personality a bit more, but for some reason they’re desperate for him to be the new Anton. I think Nikita still has a lot to offer, the likes of Gio and Pasha both had really good early runs but still had some good years later on. I don’t find Vito or Jowita bland, but I honestly prefer the pros that are a bit more lowkey, the ones who make it all about them cringe me out a bit tbh! I don’t watch it takes two but don’t blame you for switching it off when the Clifton’s are on!

Reactions: 3
I actually don't mind Joanne on ITT. But Kevin is persona non grata on my TV. I do kinda wish they'd rotate pros on choreography corner again, especially if Joanne is tied up with other work, it was nice seeing the likes of Erin & Flavia fill in.

Reactions: 6
Each to their own I suppose! I think Kai will come back into it if he gets someone a bit younger to bring out his personality a bit more, but for some reason they’re desperate for him to be the new Anton. I think Nikita still has a lot to offer, the likes of Gio and Pasha both had really good early runs but still had some good years later on. I don’t find Vito or Jowita bland, but I honestly prefer the pros that are a bit more lowkey, the ones who make it all about them cringe me out a bit tbh! I don’t watch it takes two but don’t blame you for switching it off when the Clifton’s are on!
I like how Vito is both bland and so annoying with his constant talk of pasta that people want to punch him in the face! Life's rich tapestry..

Jovito tour content. Though they appear to be in a throuple with Carlos..

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Craig seems to think same-sex pairings came too late.

I did find it weird that they didn't do one in 2018/19, might have livened up those years a bit TBH. But I think they managed it right having Nicola first then John second. Nicola wasn't a great dancer but at least a well-known name and fit enough to give it a proper go, then that opened the doors for John to be in the final the next year. The worst thing SCD could have done was make the first same-sex pairing a joke act, thank god they didn't do that.

Carlowito - is that the shocking strictly relationship?
---
I do love Jovito.

Jovito tour content. Though they appear to be in a throuple with Carlos..
Jovito! I’m ignoring the fact that her posting this most likely means there’s nothing going on, as I don’t think she’d post it if there was. I love Jowita/Carlos/Vito, the 2022 newbies ❤❤

Reactions: 2
I too like the current bunch with a few exceptions. The newer ones all seem to genuinely get on and support each other. Yes they are all competitive but also genuinely happy for their friends when they do well. They are the opposite of the ‘toxic masculinity’ shown by the likes of Gio, Brendan and Shimmy Jimmy. I’d much prefer to watch a bunch of happy nice guys than Brendan throwing a strop because someone dared to critique him. Whilst some of them might not always get it right I don’t think any of the newbies have the ego to produce something like this (sadly - I think this should be shared every couple of months 😂)

Reactions: 5
Brendan's long list of car-crash partnerships did make quite good TV in the early days though. I really wish there was more footage online of his years with Lulu and Fiona Phillips - those two were the worst of all!

Reactions: 6
Saw the pro tour tonight! Luba and Nikita did a dance near the beginning which was just 🥵

Other than that, Nancy drew my eye a lot! And Jamie Borthwick (her partner from the Christmas special) was in the audience. Pretty sure Kai was there too, saw him outside just before the show. Actually surprised how good-looking he is in person!

Reactions: 9
I think Kai and Nadiya were both there, as well as Angela Scanlon. She commented on the fact that the backstage cam is a bit creepy which I can’t fault her for tbh (I do think it’s very strange, do they normally do that on pro tour?) 🤣

I think Kai and Nadiya were both there, as well as Angela Scanlon. She commented on the fact that the backstage cam is a bit creepy which I can’t fault her for tbh (I do think it’s very strange, do they normally do that on pro tour?) 🤣
It’s pre recorded, they did it last year but not the year before.
---
I’ll give this a miss…

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
It’s pre recorded, they did it last year but not the year before.
---
I’ll give this a miss…
Oh thank god I didn't book this.

I'd seen this advertised, and thought it sounded like good fun. But was quite pricey so I didn't book it.

Now I know they are in it, Christ, I'm so glad I didn't spend my money.

The Pritchard brothers have a similar impact on me as the delightful Neil. At least @StephenTJackson doesn’t fancy them. I just find them so lacking in authenticity and personality. I’m still half convinced they are AI.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I’d already booked tickets before Tweedledumb and Tweedle even f*cking dumber were announced. Fuuuming!! I went last year and it was brilliant. The gorgeous Robin Windsor was in it and the guy who played the Ringmaster or whatever you call him was brilliant. Had us in stitches. It was about half the cost last year too. Such a good show. Can’t believe they’ve been cast.

Reactions: 1
Dianne has a new vlog up. It appears that there has been an ongoing prank since the live tour whereby they convinced Vito that Angela Rippon was hte inventor of Barbie :oops: :D

• Haha
Dianne has a new vlog up. It appears that there has been an ongoing prank since the live tour whereby they convinced Vito that Angela Rippon was hte inventor of Barbie :oops: :D
Bless Vito.
---
I do love that Angela R went along with it.

The Pritchard brothers have a similar impact on me as the delightful Neil. At least @StephenTJackson doesn’t fancy them. I just find them so lacking in authenticity and personality. I’m still half convinced they are AI.
I used to fancy AJ, when he was on Strictly. He was always camera hungry, but nice and I liked him.

But when Curtis latched on and they became this insufferable influencer duo with ideas above their talents and whatever the finance investment thing is they shill. It's all just a massive turn off.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.