Rosemary MacCabe #2 not a rave thread

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Would you make this same argument about eating disorders?
Eating disorders are exactly that - psychological disorders ultimately all about control. Obesity is the very opposite - it's simple physics. Just because most of us have an emotional relationship to food and excercise doesn't change or deny that reality.

• Angry
Reactions: 5
That might be your opinion but it is being treated as a chronic disease now by the health system.

That isn’t my opinion, that’s a fact.
This is just it though, you're only focused on what shes been doing lately, when its actually pretty clear that she's had a lifelong struggle with her weight.

Even in the height of her weight loss era a few years ago, she never exactly got skinny. I believe that shes genetically the type of person who will always carry weight unless she devotes herself full time to keeping it off. That is an incredibly hard and unsustainable way to live. Its joyless and after a while, I can understand the mindset of feck it anyway, I may as well at least enjoy my food, which I think is where she's been at for the last while.

I don't remotely condone the amount of takeaways she eats but I do think living in America does not help. What she should take responsibility for is not being better able to cook for herself (and her family, but also her husband should be able to do this too), as an almost 40 year old woman. However, I still think she'd have a problem but maybe she'd be at 200lbs, and not 250lbs.

If these injections can help (as you still have to do the work, and suffer the side effects) then I'm all for it. People are actually paying significant sums out of pocket to get themselves to a healthier weight and prevent themselves becoming a burden in later years, with conditions like diabetes, high blood pressure, various cancers etc. If thats not personal responsibility, then I don't know what is.
Surely there is no doubt that obesity is in fact a disease...?

The HSE defines obesity as - 'a progressive, chronic and complex disease affecting all ages and genders.'

The Mayo Clinic defines it as - 'a complex disease involving having too much body fat.'

The World Health Organisation defines it as - a chronic complex disease defined by excessive fat deposits that can impair health.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Surely there is no doubt that obesity is in fact a disease...?

The HSE defines obesity as - 'a progressive, chronic and complex disease affecting all ages and genders.'

The Mayo Clinic defines it as - 'a complex disease involving having too much body fat.'

The World Health Organisation defines it as - a chronic complex disease defined by excessive fat deposits that can impair health.
Self-inflicted entirely preventable 'disease' then. It doesn't just happen out of the blue and for no reason.

• Angry
Reactions: 1
call me names all you want but it’s just pure cope to pretend that poor choices haven’t led Rosemary to where she is now. I know nothing about the surgeries of the people you know, this is a thread about Rosemary, not them
I absolutely didnt call you a name.

Im giving other examples of extreme ways for people to lose weight is all.

I think the idea that extreme weight is an eating disorder and requires medical interventions is lost on you tbh.

All good we dont have to all agree, i just find it unconfortable sometimes when i feel the bigger picture is being ignored in order to criticise

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I have been in an eating disorder unit at a psychiatric hospital for the last six months. Every shape and size. Every type of disorder. People starving, bingeing and purging to death. The level of ignorance and lack of compassion here is incredible.

• Heart
Reactions: 69
Has Rosemary been diagnosed with an eating disorder?
---
What’s incredible is that you’re using emotional blackmail to stop people from having an opinion or criticising Rosemary’s takeaway habits

Rosemary has not, to my knowledge, been diagnosed with an eating disorder and she is not at the level of what you have seen in a psychiatric hospital

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 6
I don’t give a tit about Rosemary. Im speaking generally about people who struggle with their weight and the over simplification being seen in these messages

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Has Rosemary been diagnosed with an eating disorder?
---
What’s incredible is that you’re using emotional blackmail to stop people from having an opinion or criticising Rosemary’s takeaway habits

Rosemary has not, to my knowledge, been diagnosed with an eating disorder and she is not at the level of what you have seen in a psychiatric hospital
Emotional blackmail, or simply stating facts?

Reactions: 11
It is not stating facts. That there are people suffering from eating disorders does not mean that anyone overweight can never be criticised ever.

to use another analogy, there are alcoholics suffering and in pain and drinking themselves to death. Does that mean we can never say that someone has an unhealthy relationship with drink (in the same way Rosemary has or had an unhealthy relationship with takeaways)? Is it showing a lack of compassion towards severe alcoholics if we say someone drinks too much?

anyway it appears that Rosemary does not have a diagnosed eating disorder. She knows she has to overhaul her habits based on what she has said in her substack post

Reactions: 3
God it’s so sad to see people arguing over other people’s weight loss. Leave people and their bodies alone. Comments re takeaways help no one. If Rosemary or anyone else struggling with their weight/body image go down the ozempic/Saxenda etc route fair fecks to them.

Reactions: 24
Not always self inflicted, yes. But in the case of someone who eats badly, doesnt exercise, lives off takeaways.....
---
God it’s so sad to see people arguing over other people’s weight loss. Leave people and their bodies alone. Comments re takeaways help no one. If Rosemary or anyone else struggling with their weight/body image go down the ozempic/Saxenda etc route fair fecks to them.
This is Tattle. Rosemary has posted about this so it stands to reason it will be discussed here

And I think it's important to mention her takeaways and will continue to. The woman is an influencer and has made a big thing of her spending diaries and how much she spends on takeaways and eating out. She's an influencer who promoted bad habits

Reactions: 4
Can we move on a bit from the ozempic/obesity chat I know some of it was relevant to Rmc but this thread is a dragggg surely there’s some ozempic thread for people to debate on

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I think you’re right, it seems to be a sensitive topic for some posters

So where has Foxwarren gone to?

Reactions: 4
Can we move on a bit from the ozempic/obesity chat I know some of it was relevant to Rmc but this thread is a dragggg surely there’s some ozempic thread for people to debate on
Amen 🙏🏾
Yes there is an ozempic thread

Reactions: 2