Pregnancy #57

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Aww guys thank you @raspberryjuice @Brewtime87 @Greencatfysh @littlepup šŸ„¹šŸ©·

Iā€™m so happy to be here! Iā€™m just under 4 weeks. I keep trying to think positive things.

i havenā€™t and didnā€™t plan to tell any services Iā€™m pregnant yet as the pain of having to cancel it all when something happens is just something else to deal with, but I might so I can get help with my mental health. I think Iā€™m even worse because one of my miscarriages was a missed miscarriage and I had no symptoms at all so Iā€™m haunted by that! Iā€™ve already put aside the money Iā€™m going to throw on private scans šŸ˜‚ we wonā€™t be telling anyone at all apart from work and parents because weā€™re just too scared. I hope it does get easier; I think itā€™s because the MMC was at a time I should have been ā€˜safeā€™ too. I keep saying to myself itā€™s a brand new pregnancy and a totally different time šŸ©·
The perinatal mental health midwife team are amazing. Iā€™ve had help throughout this pregnancy with them and theyā€™ve given me home visits, and itā€™s been so nice to talk to someone. I had 2 losses back to back right before I got pregnant this time round and my anxiety has been through the roof. Speak to your EPU for some reassurance. When I was 5 weeks I was put on progesterone until I was 16 weeks because of my previous losses šŸ¤

• Heart
Reactions: 5
šŸ‘‹šŸ» evening from NZ. First time poster on this thread. I am 10.5 weeks along and reeeeeeally struggling with morning (aka all day) sickness. I vomit 1-3 times most days and feel pretty nauseous at all other times. Itā€™s usually in the morning that Iā€™m sick and seems to happen whether I eat ā€˜in timeā€™ or not haha. Iā€™m also on some medications for a couple medical issues and am being monitored for those but feel like theyā€™re not working as well cos Iā€™m probably just vomiting them up. I do have anti nausea pills too which work but they make me really anxious and I invariably end up needing to leave work to go home and sleep it off. Iā€™m running out of sick leave and while work is being understanding Iā€™m worried it wonā€™t last long. Iā€™m finding it tough to last a whole day at work most days now due to the sickness and feeling weak etc. anyway, thatā€™s my big whinge up haha my husband is being very supportive but itā€™s been a lot tougher than I thought it would be tbh

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Been in work 90 mins and I'm already drained, these next 6 weeks to maternity leave cannot go quick enough šŸ˜­
I also can't stop thinking about having jam on crumpets so I am VERY distracted hahaha

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Sorry guys to put a dampner on things, especially after all the lovely talk about your partners. I'm feeling so lonely in my pregnancy and I'm only 10 weeks. This weekend I felt so sad. I don't think my husband really gets I'm pregnant and that I'm exhausted all the time. He's just going about his normal life and here I am struggling to get through each day. I really want to talk to him about it but the thought of it makes me want to bawl. I just want to be spoilt a bit and for it to be acknowledged I'm going through something. I know the answer is to talk to him but ahhhhhh.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Anyone else had really crazy dreams since being pregnant? Like a whole different level of insane šŸ¤¦šŸ¼ā€ā™€ļøšŸ¤¦šŸ¼ā€ā™€ļø
Yep. Recent dreams include going to a wedding of a guy I used to like and him telling me he loves me and wants to run away with me. Being added on LinkedIn by the stalker lady from Baby Reindeer and lots about my dad who passed away a couple years ago šŸ˜„

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Sorry guys to put a dampner on things, especially after all the lovely talk about your partners. I'm feeling so lonely in my pregnancy and I'm only 10 weeks. This weekend I felt so sad. I don't think my husband really gets I'm pregnant and that I'm exhausted all the time. He's just going about his normal life and here I am struggling to get through each day. I really want to talk to him about it but the thought of it makes me want to bawl. I just want to be spoilt a bit and for it to be acknowledged I'm going through something. I know the answer is to talk to him but ahhhhhh.
Oh love I'm sorry you're feeling like this. I had to keep instigating baby/pregnancy chats with my partner as even though I knew he was excited, he just didn't seem to really acknowledge it or talk about it at all in the earlier stages. I did make a gentle comment at one point that I was worried he wasn't happy as he didn't talk about baby, he promised me he was but I guess it just doesn't come naturally to some people. It's only been in the last few weeks he's speaking more about it, and today was the first time he spoke directly to bump and held it. I know it can feel awkward and uncomfortable to broach some things and ask direct questions but honestly it really is the best thing to do x

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I think it takes them a lot longer for things to sink in whereas we go into parent mode as soon as we say the positive test. I think itā€™s very easy for them to just get on with their lives as we are dealing with all the things that come with pregnancy which can be frustrating. Since weā€™ve been looking at baby things recently which included swapping the car I can see the change but it still hasnā€™t made him pick up his socks šŸ˜‚

Please have a chat to him about how you feel though

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Have you had any scans yet? I remember with my first my partner didnā€™t really seem interested/like he actually realised I was pregnant during the first trimester. I remember being exhausted and he was just like ā€˜whatā€™s up with you???ā€™ Like he couldnā€™t get his head around the fact I was pregnant and feeling rubbish. I did notice once I had my 12 week scan he suddenly perked up and was like ā€˜woah, thereā€™s a baby in thereā€™ as itā€™s so much bigger as well than early scans. Then as time went on he got more and more involved and it was hitting him I was in fact, carrying his child! Then once we found out it was a boy at the 20 week scan he was different altogether! He seemed more excited than me! Then this time round heā€™s been great throughout. You wonder what goes on in their heads, men are a lot different than women with their thinking and thought process, try and speak to him about how youā€™re feeling and he might come out with how he is feeling and you can both go from there! It will be rubbish feeling that way so I hope it picks up for you cos you deserve to be excited and not feeling lonely šŸ¤

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I haven't had the same experience as you so really cannot imagine how you are feeling, but I have used the mental health services throughout this pregnancy and can say it has been amazing for me. I have more regular midwife appointments at home and the level of support I have now compared to my last pregnancy is insanely different.
Hopefully you'll find the right support for yourself and the anxieties will ease over time ā¤ā¤ā¤
thank you! Itā€™s so strange because Iā€™m calmer in some ways as the absolute worst has happened to me and I realise at this early stage thereā€™s nothing I can do, but then also more panicked, especially when I think of certain time frames! Iā€™m trying to find our local EPU this morning and Iā€™ll ask their advice šŸ©·šŸ©·šŸ©·
---
The perinatal mental health midwife team are amazing. Iā€™ve had help throughout this pregnancy with them and theyā€™ve given me home visits, and itā€™s been so nice to talk to someone. I had 2 losses back to back right before I got pregnant this time round and my anxiety has been through the roof. Speak to your EPU for some reassurance. When I was 5 weeks I was put on progesterone until I was 16 weeks because of my previous losses šŸ¤
thank you so much šŸ©· Iā€™m going to ask about the progesterone! I got told before I couldnā€™t have it unless I bleed (Iā€™m praying to god this doesnā€™t happen cos even when everything is fine itā€™s such a added worry)

• Heart
I think itā€™s just a man thing, they donā€™t really get as excited as us and it must be hard to understand what we actually go through. I know I didnā€™t give women enough credit before I was ever pregnant, I thought women just breezed through pregnancy and didnā€™t realise how hard it actually is. I have lists of everything we need and loads of clothes etc saved in baskets and my husband just isnā€™t really interested in all the cute stuff, but then I find out heā€™s got a massive list of names saved that heā€™s not spoke to me about!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I agree with the others that men take a bit longer to realise what a change it is. Thereā€™s no bump yet, they havenā€™t seen the baby/know the gender (if youā€™re going to find out) so they donā€™t really associate the first bit with you actually growing a baby. The 12w scan can be a turning point when they see the baby as then itā€™s ā€œrealā€

Do try and talk to him though, even if itā€™s just to tell him how crappy you are feeling and please can he do x y or a to help

Iā€™m only a week or so behind you so always here for a chat if you need one!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
How are you guys managing to sleep at night??? I canā€™t get comfortable and when I do Iā€™m waking up for a toilet break šŸ¤£ Iā€™ve got another 10 weeks yetšŸ¤£šŸ¤£

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Another perspective on why men might not appear as involved is fear! Weā€™ve had a couple of losses and awful complications before and my husband has really kept his fear and anxiety from me.. he just shows as appearing disconnected or not that excited. I pressed him the other day as weā€™ve literally just found out Iā€™m pregnant again and he didnā€™t say much, but itā€™s because his way of coping is almost pretending nothing is happening. He was super excited the first time and told all his friends and family (I had to tell him to reign it in a bit) and now heā€™s guarded šŸ˜­ he also said he was super scared of me having to give birth, so the fact itā€™s less involved for men might make their fear worse. An honest chat would definitely clear things up

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Thank you all! I've not had any scans yet. The 12-week one is next week and hopefully after that it will be a bit more real for him. I will definitely talk to him in the meantime. You have all been really reassuring and helpful so thanks again x

• Heart
How are you guys managing to sleep at night??? I canā€™t get comfortable and when I do Iā€™m waking up for a toilet break šŸ¤£ Iā€™ve got another 10 weeks yetšŸ¤£šŸ¤£
Does this happen when people get to a certain amount of weeks or have people had it all the way through? Itā€™s actually one thing I donā€™t have yet and Iā€™m worried I will not cope if/ when it happens!

Reactions: 1
Agree with all the others about men just taking longer to get there. Mr R has been absolutely amazing with me since day 1, heā€™s looked after me when Iā€™ve been really poorly and been at every appt, by my side every hospital admission etc but itā€™s only really the last couple of months heā€™s got actually excited about the baby. He wasnā€™t interested in feeling him move (he was just like ā€œoh yeah, thatā€™s weird isnā€™t itā€), rolled his eyes when I was buying more baby stuff etc. Itā€™s only as my bump has got massive, the appts have ramped up, and weā€™ve put stuff around the house for baby heā€™s got really excited about it all saying he canā€™t wait for him to be here now, canā€™t wait to meet him, hold him etc. I think for them at first weā€™re just moany, sick, tired and theyā€™re more focused on us than whatā€™s going to happen in 9 months time šŸ˜Š
---
Does this happen when people get to a certain amount of weeks or have people had it all the way through? Itā€™s actually one thing I donā€™t have yet and Iā€™m worried I will not cope if/ when it happens!
Iā€™ve only been getting up to wee since about 35 weeks, before then it was once/twice a night and I could get comfy with my pillow and back to sleep easily. Now baby is ginormous itā€™s more uncomfortable but apart from the weeing I do still manage a good sleep most nights. Definitely havenā€™t suffered like a lot of these poor ladies so it might not be so bad for you either ā¤

• Heart
To be fair I wee a lot through the day and when I get into bed I get back up about 5 times before I go to sleep. I think maybe 3 out of 7 nights I'll wake up to go the loo, that's when I close my eyes when I wee so I don't disturb myself too much šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚
I'm 30 weeks now so it hasn't been terrible, but the nights where I'm up 2 or so times I really am grumpy the next day haha

• Heart
Reactions: 4
waking in the night to wee, was my only reason for testing for pregnancy because itā€™s something I never do. But I stopped for ages, till this last weekšŸ¤£

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Never realised how much I actually complain until I joined this thread šŸ¤£
Found out one of our friends sadly lost their baby so I was thinking of ways I could let them know without throwing it in their faces (Iā€™ve been there, itā€™s not nice)
Anyway my fiance drunkenly told her boyfriend on a night out and sheā€™s texted to congratulate me. Iā€™m honestly so annoyed and this couldā€™ve been avoided. We havenā€™t even told family yet as we are waiting until after my 12 week scan, and announcing at our wedding!

• Sad
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.