Zoe Sugg #43 Alfie's a insta d#AD, Zoe just looks b#AD making money from the baby they’ve had.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Many women don't get ANY leave. Let's fact check that before continuing. More power to you for being able to take 12 months, but you're not Zoe, that's not the point. I assume, hope, that your job is an actual, real job, with value added to society. You're not sitting home taking photos of boxes of gifted products.

No one is asking Zoe to stop experiencing her baby's growth or to go to an office 12 hours a day. Her job is so ridiculous it shouldn't even be a job, much less one that made her a millionaire. It's so simple that she can easily post something (or hey, have one of her employees post something) every day, instead of treating her audience as sycophants who should be grateful for whatever crumb she throws their way because hey, like millions of other women, she just had a baby. She only comes back when she has something to shill or when she is feeling her self-esteem dip a bit and she wants the minions to fawn over her.

If she's going to take mat leave, then she should go ahead. Leave, completely, for 9, 12, or even138282 months. It's not like her content is so great that we'd be lost without her. If she cares so little for her audience, then she should leave for good. That'll give her loads of time with Pay. But she won't cause she can't pass up whatever function of bollocks ad she has coming, her lameass book promo, or the high of being told by hundreds of strangers on the internet that she looks SO TINY after giving birth, and OMG she looks stunning, etc.
it sounds to me like you might want to take a break from looking at what Zoe does - because you’re basically saying there’s no point her posting because it’s all awful content that no one needs but if she doesn’t post at all she’s so lazy how dare she. You’re clearly going to hate whatever she does.

as I said, I’m not a fan of Zoe at all (and there’s a million things that are part of her privilege that she never acknowledges) but I’m not going to find fault in every single thing she does, when some of it is actually normal like taking/not taking maternity 😂

Reactions: 44
it sounds to me like you might want to take a break from looking at what Zoe does - because you’re basically saying there’s no point her posting because it’s all awful content that no one needs but if she doesn’t post at all she’s so lazy how dare she. You’re clearly going to hate whatever she does.

as I said, I’m not a fan of Zoe at all (and there’s a million things that are part of her privilege that she never acknowledges) but I’m not going to find fault in every single thing she does, when some of it is actually normal like taking/not taking maternity 😂
I appreciated the content she made around pap smears, for example, and back when she vlogged more consistently at least she provided entertainment. Her post about her stitches infection was a step in the right direction but her juvenile writing brought the quality down. I'm not going to hate whatever she does, but I'm not going to give her a free pass just because she's a mother now.

She hasn't done any content that is useful of entertaining in a while. She promised she'd post about her pregnancy, she barely did and people are still waiting for her third trimester vlog. It's her job, that's the thing that grates. This is how she makes money, tons of it, but she treats it as a hobby.

I only look at her content through here, so thanks for your unasked for advice, hun. And just because *I* find her content pointless, it doesn't mean there aren't tons of people waiting for her to keep to her promises and she constantly disappoints them and uses the excuse of motherhood as if there aren't tons of mothers doing harder, more time consuming, more physically exerting jobs every day. THAT'S the point. If I were a mother myself I'd be pissed that she acts like being one is a Victorian illness.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
No one actually thinks she shouldn't be spending time with her child and as much as possible. They'd just like her to be less of a smug prick about it when she has the luxury of quite literally sitting on her arse all day eating pastry crumbs, whereas alot of women (even if they should be able to) can manage barely any mat leave at all. For whatever reason that is, usually financial. I'm pregnant and there's no way in hell I can afford to be off work, I'm already savaged enough from lockdowns and how much I lost. As most are I would imagine. Plus lets be honest, even women on maternity still have plenty of other stuff to deal with, cleaning, cooking, looking after animals, other children etc etc. Zoe quite literally breathes and that's too hard for her most days.

So yeah, it should be normal to take maternity leave, but in typical Zoe fashion, she is tone deaf as always to the struggles most of her followers will face.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I think its quite simple.. if Zoe is on maternity leave for however long then she should not post #AD's on her IG account which she has in regards to Otties clothes etc and answer the boring questions on the Zoella IG. Posting a pic to let her fans know she is ok is fine IMO. Also Alfie was even worse he claimed he was on paternity leave but a week later he's back on IG flogging his tit merch!

• Heart
Reactions: 32
I’ll eat my hat if she answers those questions today. (zoellaHQ, don’t you dare give her a prompt!)

• Haha
Reactions: 19
I think its quite simple.. if Zoe is on maternity leave for however long then she should not post #AD's on her IG account which she has in regards to Otties clothes etc and answer the boring questions on the Zoella IG. Posting a pic to let her fans know she is ok is fine IMO. Also Alfie was even worse he claimed he was on paternity leave but a week later he's back on IG flogging his tit merch!
Exactly! Them continuing to do ads and sponsored posts while on parental leave totally gives them away. They want to act like they have real jobs when in reality this is a very lucrative hobby that requires minimal effort. They don't want to take a break from the money, they want to take a break from pretending to care about the millions of followers who have placed them where they are today.

• Heart
Reactions: 36
I must be the only one here who does not think Ottie is very cute 😬. I don't find many babies cute though so it isn't just her 😂

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
I must be the only one here who does not think Ottie is very cute 😬. I don't find many babies cute though so it isn't just her 😂
With you on that one. Her smiling did make me smile but there’s definitely cuter babies out there in my opinion*.

*Disclaimer: I am not calling a child ugly, please don’t eat my hole before I’ve had tea.

• Haha
Reactions: 32
You all know that she can be terrible AND have a cute baby 😂? I don't get why everyone is so angry when we are saying Pay is cute. You can have a different opinion but let's not come at each other over such a silly thing jeez

• Haha
Reactions: 21
You all know that she can be terrible AND have a cute baby 😂? I don't get why everyone is so angry when we are saying Pay is cute. You can have a different opinion but let's not come at each other over such a silly thing jeez
I must be reading a different thread as I don't see any anger or anybody coming at anyone who thinks Pay is cute. She is, she's a dear little thing when she smiles. But it's equally okay for people to say they don't think she's cute, or the cutest.

• Heart
Reactions: 38
It took me a moment to realize this was actually Zoe!? She looks good! Why can’t her eyebrows always be like that!?
I was literally coming on here to post this picture. I think she looks great in it, and honestly I think it’s because she’s really smiling not some posed smile or the grinch smile. She looks fresh and happy and that makes her look younger!

Reactions: 74
I was literally coming on here to post this picture. I think she looks great in it, and honestly I think it’s because she’s really smiling not some posed smile or the grinch smile. She looks fresh and happy and that makes her look younger!
It's the smiling and the lack of poorly applied makeup and drawn eyebrows. Basically, if only she left herself be, she'd look happier and nicer.

Reactions: 45
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.