Zoe Sugg #24 Socially distancing from the Zoella channel

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Congrats to @Wowwwwwwwww for the thread title šŸŽ‰

Previous thread summary:
ā€¢ Zoe cleaned (some of) the not mansion which is a very hard and unheard of thing to do
ā€¢ Don't expect any more videos on the Zoella channel just long vlogs for when she has an #ad
ā€¢ Her (and her bestie Amy) book has been released!! No one seems to care tho and a moment of silence will be held for all the trees that were wasted
ā€¢ Dianne is off Strictly and Zoe is secretly glad sad for her
ā€¢ Her and aldie's relationship is still as stagnant as ever
ā€¢ We're not expecting a vlogmas this year because zoe is soooo busy you guys

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 53
Also don't forget Zoe's probably furloughed Nala to get some cash back from all the dog food she has to buy

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 56
Just so everyoneā€™s aware: Zoeā€™s SO BUSY at the moment. She had to sort out the games drawer because it was getting OUT OF HAND.

• Haha
Reactions: 67
The fact she hasnā€™t done the tree makes me think she is doing vlogmas this year, because letā€™s be honest, the only reason it doesnā€™t go up sooner is so she can film it!
I do think sheā€™ll do it, her views have been low (for her) for a few years or so now. If lockdown continues and people spend more time at home she can make more money!

Reactions: 17
I wanted to post this on the old thread because I agree the BLM argument shouldn't spill into the new thread. But the thread closed and I spent ages writing this bloody thing so am posting it anyway.

I too feel uncomfortable discussing women's looks but from more of a feminist perspective. Women are already held to such impossible standards with regards to fashion, weight and aesthetics, and I do notice that female influencers are subject to ruthless and relentless criticism, more so than most male influencers. But then again, Zoe made her millions through a beauty/fashion/lifestyle platform so it seems fair that those things are on the table here. E.g. if an influencer is making thousands of dollars selling a supplement that supposedly cleared their acne, then discussing their skin is fair game.

I am so sorry Coinkeedinkee that you've been subject to crappy racist comments about your appearance. It is never OK and I can see why the comments about Zoe's biologically determined features (like her nose and smile) are triggering. Fortunately, in this case, Zoe is a very privileged, very white woman so there aren't the same racist connotations. She may be subject to unfair sexism, but she's not subject to racism. If anything, Zoe uses her white privilege to immense heights - she made millions by appearing as the all white, wholesome girl-next-door to teens all around the world. That is why companies and advetisers loved and still love her. That is also why she was on the front cover of numerous teen magazines and had a best selling teen book. I doubt Zoe would have achieved those things if she was black or if she came from a minority background. It seems that even Zoe is now uncomfortable with that very white Zoella image, though I doubt she would ever discuss or realise her disillusionment through the lens of racism, which is a shame because that's a conversation worth having.

I think the only way to participate in forums is to set our own standards and influence the tone of the thread as best we can. I try not to like or interact with comments about Zoe's appearance or her reproductive health because they don't sit right with me. Sometimes I openly disagree with those comments. But I also can't be doing with getting into arguments with other posters because it's just too damn stressful and it totally derails the thread.

Those are just my two cents.

Now, onto more important questions:

- When will we see Zoe's Christmas trees? Will they be the most Christmasy Christmas trees of all time?
- How many Christmas movies will Zoe watch this year considering that she is snowed under with work?
- Will Alfie mistake a ball-ball for a chocolate and post a subsequent vlog titled, "ZOE SUGG GOES TO THE HOSPITAL | NEAR DEATH EXPERIENCE"?
- How many minutes of Zoe and Mark's open-mouthed laughing will we endure?
- Will Hollie ever be taken off furlough?
- Will we learn that Nala is actually an A to Z employee as an emotional support animal? Or maybe as Zoe's blog manager, we can't be sure
- Will Zoe's busy days decanting food ever slow down?

Let's find out....

The fact she hasnā€™t done the tree makes me think she is doing vlogmas this year, because letā€™s be honest, the only reason it doesnā€™t go up sooner is so she can film it!
I do think sheā€™ll do it, her views have been low (for her) for a few years or so now. If lockdown continues and people spend more time at home she can make more money!
Well Zoe has had such a difficult year financially that she had to put a member of staff on furlough so she's got to do vlogmas to make up for her lost earnings. Those Yankee candles don't buy themselves šŸ™ƒ

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 51
do you think one of the reasons she stopped doing hauls is because companies don't want to sponsor her anymore? i loved watching her po box unpacking, but it seems she has nothing to unpack now :(

• Haha
Reactions: 27
do you think one of the reasons she stopped doing hauls is because companies don't want to sponsor her anymore? i loved watching her po box unpacking, but it seems she has nothing to unpack now :(
I think she doesnā€™t show them because she doesnā€™t need to. Canā€™t be arsed. Sheā€™s getting the freebies without showing them so it wouldnā€™t benefit her to show them!

Reactions: 33
I actually really hope she does do it. I have enjoyed watching them in the past and she did used to be one of the best at it.. itā€™s just the last few years where she seems to have lost interest and been lazy... :(

Reactions: 15
I actually really hope she does do it. I have enjoyed watching them in the past and she did used to be one of the best at it.. itā€™s just the last few years where she seems to have lost interest and been lazy... :(
Same, it would be really good as well. She could be very inventive with ideas on how to make a lock-down christmas the best it can be!

Reactions: 7
Like someone else has mentioned the fact she thinks tidying a games drawer and putting pasta in another container shows how out of touch and pathetic her life is.

Reactions: 36
She's clearly stuck for stuff to do because she's at this point just killing time until Alfie proposes or she gets pregnant. She peaked too young, already has the dream house and cant travel cos of lockdown. She has no direction... she's literally just waiting. How did the book do sales wise? I might have missed it in the thread.

Reactions: 21
This is a little off topic but I thought it was a little funny that they used a picture of old school Zoe and Alfie on an quiz about how do disgusting your relationship is šŸ˜‚ I do feel bad for Zoe though, she deserves so much better than Alfie
I still, after all this time, can't believe she is in a relationship with him šŸ˜‚šŸ¤¢

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 36
Like someone else has mentioned the fact she thinks tidying a games drawer and putting pasta in another container shows how out of touch and pathetic her life is.
i saw her post on Instagram about having to do ā€œlife adminā€ stuff, obviously it would be things like that. Idk why I ever expect much from Zoe lol

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Bit random but I remember when she hadnā€™t posted on Youtube in months and then she came out with Filmm app so I commented on her post that nobody cares about that tit we just want videos and she commented back ā€œrudeā€. Classic šŸ¤£ one way to get a reply!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 24
Iā€™ve said it on a previous thread but I HATE how she says ā€˜Ello Elloā€™ or variations of! Sets my teeth on edge.

Bit random but I remember when she hadnā€™t posted on Youtube in months and then she came out with Filmm app so I commented on her post that nobody cares about that tit we just want videos and she commented back ā€œrudeā€. Classic šŸ¤£ one way to get a reply!
What you mean you werenā€™t super excited by the idea of filmm?! I think youā€™ll find she is co-owner!!

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Iā€™ve said it on a previous thread but I HATE how she says ā€˜Ello Elloā€™ or variations of! Sets my teeth on edge.

What you mean you werenā€™t super excited by the idea of filmm?! I think youā€™ll find she is co-owner!!
Omg makes my eyes bleed when she says that, quite frankly anything she does makes me cringe these days!

Oh yes co-owner who does the least amount of work but never credits the other people who work hard to create the app!

Reactions: 11
She's not been on stories today yet I bet she is decorating her 10 xmas trees.
Screenshot_20201116_165809_com.instagram.android.jpg

Alfie posted this last night..it's not 10 trees but it's a start. As much as I understand people wanting to decorate early this year to have more Christmas positivity and cheer after such a bad year, I feel like it's also just her being typical Zoe.

Screenshot_20201116_165835_com.instagram.android.jpg

Also, I just have to say as silly as we find their not mansion to be, Zoe really does have a good eye for interiors (even if they are gifted items). She would have made a fortune if she went into interior design at the peak of her career. I wonder what would have happened if she went towards actual homeware stuff that you could get in M&S or Zara Home

Reactions: 51
Oh her house is beautiful! Would be my dream house tbf her eye for design ect is amazing! I wish she would focus content on this rather than other shite!

Reactions: 39
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.