Zoe Sugg #19 Boring as feck

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve literally never seen Zoe with a black person, does she not have any black friends?
This comment about influencers always confuses me a bit. I don’t have any black friends. I live in a really white area, there was only one black person in my year group at school, and literally have about three friends #introvertlife

Zoe’s problematic in lots of ways, but I’m not sure this is one.

(Feel free to call me out/educate me, always happy to learn!)

• Heart
Reactions: 85
I’m genuinely curious. Do people actually think Zoe and Alfie will ever get married and have kids or will ever break up? Every time I see a YouTube couple break up I think surely it’s their turn next. I can’t ever imagine it but also I never imagined any of the others. What do we think like hand on heart if you had to bet on it?
For me I can’t ever picture them breaking up or picture them getting married and starting a family, I feel like they’re just going to stuck like this for the rest of their lives because I don’t think either of them would be able to end it and alf is never going to pop the question, if he really wanted too he would have done it by now 🤷🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 21
This comment about influencers always confuses me a bit. I don’t have any black friends. I live in a really white area, there was only one black person in my year group at school, and literally have about three friends #introvertlife

Agreed, there are lots of almost entirely white areas in the UK and it would be very unusual to have black friends there, doesn't mean anything. She's from a rural village, and since moving to near a city, which is more diverse, hasn't thrown herself into making local friends at all.

When I was younger, my school of 2000 pupils had 1 asian child in the whole school, 0 black and the rest white. I also went to a rural university which was mostly white too. It wasn't until I was working in a city centre office that I had any different races in my circles of friends.

Zoe's basically had school then being holed up in her house - no uni, no proper office, so it doesn't surprise me and don't think it's one of her (MANY) problems.

For me I can’t ever picture them breaking up or picture them getting married and starting a family, I feel like they’re just going to stuck like this for the rest of their lives because I don’t think either of them would be able to end it and alf is never going to pop the question, if he really wanted too he would have done it by now 🤷🏼‍♀️
They're going to have to do one of the other for views, as the people who watch them now will surely get bored of more years ahead of decorating for autumn and sitting on the sofa...

Reactions: 18

Yeah, I think people forget just how white the UK is apart for a few areas. I similarly when I went to school had one black person in my year group and one Middle Eastern person. I suspect for most places it's probably a similar demographic. It wasn't until I went to uni and moved to one of the biggest cities in the UK that I really started to make some non-white friends.

Reactions: 22
Wonder if Zoe is seething that Jim has been engaged twice in the space of time her and alfie have been together 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 51
Do you think Jim getting engaged so quickly after leaving Tanya will make Zoe worry that Alfie would do the same?

Reactions: 16
Do you think Jim getting engaged so quickly after leaving Tanya will make Zoe worry that Alfie would do the same?
I think what would really send her over the edge & into a full on breakdown us if Joe gets engaged before her. Considering he's her younger brother, whos relationship history is one night stands, a few flings & friends with benefits. Add to that him & Dianne aren't even going out 2 years, I think that would hit far harder then Jim Chapman's engagement.

• Haha
Reactions: 35
Holy shizz.. Jim’s already engaged?! No matter what the circumstances or who broke it off.. that’s gotta sting.

Reactions: 36
I think what would really send her over the edge & into a full on breakdown us if Joe gets engaged before her. Considering he's her younger brother, whos relationship history is one night stands, a few flings & friends with benefits. Add to that him & Dianne aren't even going out 2 years, I think that would hit far harder then Jim Chapman's engagement.
I’ve a feeling Joe could propose soon... maybe Christmas? I feel bad for Zoe, Alfie is really pushing it...

Reactions: 23

Yeah, I don't get this either. I'm Latina but I grew up in a predominantly Asian neighbourhood so pretty much all my friends are Asian. It's not like I go out of my way to only have a specific race of friends, I don't think Zoe (or other influencers) do either. Why do people care so much who others hang out with? It would be way more annoying if Zoe forced herself to add more minorities to her circle just for the sake of brownie points.

• Heart
Reactions: 40
Re Louise and Zoe: I thought they fell out after Louise told her she was pregnant. I think Zoe’s face in the reveal video says it all. She looked horrified and only smiled once she knew she was being vlogged. There was DEFINITELY some sour advice given, that’s why I think they fell out

Reactions: 17
Wonder if Zoe is seething that Jim has been engaged twice in the space of time her and alfie have been together 🤣
Wow. Jim is engaged again? Also Louise had a baby and is about to get married.

Holy shizz.. Jim’s already engaged?! No matter what the circumstances or who broke it off.. that’s gotta sting.
Poor Tanya. I know she can be a pain the arse but ouch.

Reactions: 13
Gosh, I can imagine Joe won't wait for Alfie to propose first. When Joe is ready he will do it so as not to disappoint Diane. I think Zoe needs to give up on Alfonso now.

Gosh, I can imagine Joe won't wait for Alfie to propose first. When Joe is ready he will do it so as not to disappoint Diane. I think Zoe needs to give up on Alfonso now.
And surely Poppy and Sean won't wait much longer. There comes a point when you can't protect peoples feelings by waiting for something to happen to them first.

Reactions: 23

And surely Poppy and Sean won't wait much longer. There comes a point when you can't protect peoples feelings by waiting for something to happen to them first.
I could definitely see Joe and Dianne either engaged or broken up before Zoe and Alfie. Maybe he’d wait if he knew Alfie had something planned, but I don’t get the impression he and Alfie talk much aside from when Joe tags along with Zalfie and Soppy lol

Sean and Poppy certainly have no reason to wait for Alfie to propose, considering they’ve been together 4 years longer than Zoe and Alfie! I doubt that’s any sort of consideration on their end, but I do think their engagement would make Zoe want it/push for it more. Seeing them together for even longer and not being engaged/pregnant is probably comforting on some level, as it’s one less couple to try to keep up with.

Reactions: 19
Yeah, I don't get this either. I'm Latina but I grew up in a predominantly Asian neighbourhood so pretty much all my friends are Asian. It's not like I go out of my way to only have a specific race of friends, I don't think Zoe (or other influencers) do either. Why do people care so much who others hang out with? It would be way more annoying if Zoe forced herself to add more minorities to her circle just for the sake of brownie points.
Zoe grew up in a really small sheltered area, I get that, but she lives in Brighton now which does have more diversity so it does surprise me that that there isn’t any diversity in her life at all, but that could also be because she never leaves home.
My real issue here is that while she posts stories about being anti-racist she’s also posting swipes and blog posts listing books to read on the subject, those links are affiliate links, so she’s profiting off this. A White person profiting off being anti-racist because they went to university and studied this or had unique experiences and wrote a book to educate others is one thing, a White person profiting off this that has zero diversity in their life, has no education in this area, and has never once spoken up about BLM until every other influencer in the world did is wrong. Also she probably didn’t even read any of those books 🙄

Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.