Zoe Sugg #17 Her extensions match her relationship status: clinging on

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I see Zoe is becoming quite the campaigner now for black lives better. Whilst I totally applaud her for raising this issue so much, do you think she's doing it for the right reasons?

A massive part of me thinks she's doing this to be a complete contrast to Joe and Dianne and is jumping on the bandwagon to try to be relevant again and ultimately make them look bad. She's pretty invisible now whenever any good news or publicity is out about them
On one hand I feel like she's damned if she does/doesn't with this one; if she hadn't said anything people would have said "silence is conpliance" etc. I think it's good that's she's acknowledged her lack of education on the topic when many others have charged in acting like experts, her response seemed quite mature (as long as she isn't affiliate linking the bloody books!).

I do worry that it's a bit superficial though. It's super trendy to get involved with these social inequality movements, but trends are transient and people forgot about them overnight. This isn't life or death for her and she doesn't have the lived experience to comprehend how scary being part of an oppressed group can be.

If she wants to use her platform for good then she can start by diversifying that pale af workforce.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
I see Zoe is becoming quite the campaigner now for black lives better. Whilst I totally applaud her for raising this issue so much, do you think she's doing it for the right reasons?

A massive part of me thinks she's doing this to be a complete contrast to Joe and Dianne and is jumping on the bandwagon to try to be relevant again and ultimately make them look bad. She's pretty invisible now whenever any good news or publicity is out about them
I think it’s important right now to spread education, awareness and using her platform for the right reason. Regardless of whether she’s doing it for her own personal gain or not. To reach millions of young people is important. I can’t say many positive things about neither Alfie or Zoe, but sharing the information to their combined following has to be seen as positive.

Reactions: 15
I had a friend tell me she made cold hot chocolate.....she'd made the hot chocolate then cooled it. I know this is not about Zoe, but I feel this needed to be said out loud.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I think it’s important right now to spread education, awareness and using her platform for the right reason. Regardless of whether she’s doing it for her own personal gain or not. To reach millions of young people is important. I can’t say many positive things about neither Alfie or Zoe, but sharing the information to their combined following has to be seen as positive.
Yeah I’m Glad She’s Doing it and it’s making me Respect her more. Her brother however has not really spoken up and is getting loads of hate for it so

Reactions: 6

I think she is doing it from a good place. Perhaps she didn't recognise her privilege and ignorance before and is trying to learn and also make others aware. Everyone has to start somewhere.

Reactions: 7
I think she is doing it from a good place. Perhaps she didn't recognise her privilege and ignorance before and is trying to learn and also make others aware. Everyone has to start somewhere.
But is she the kind of person to learn? Is she trying to be a better person in general? If her current life is filled with toxicity I doubt she'd want do something for the greater good, it's all for the gram and to make herself look good. - This is not because she's white, this is based on her own personality and how she deals with things before people come at me

Reactions: 18
wonder whether she will post a picture of her without them doubt it as imagine her hair is badly damaged

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Why if she was taking her extensions out did she do a photo shoot? Surely her hair looks horrible?
I wouldn’t be surprised if she doesn’t end up either not showing us her hair without extensions or goes back dark with a box dye

Reactions: 7
I’m 5’3” as well, so teeny tiny ickle baby Zoe is taller than the pair of us!

I also read that 5’3” is the average height of women in the UK so Zoe is technically taller than average then 😋
Just joining in to say I’m 5’1.5” 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 5
On one hand I feel like she's damned if she does/doesn't with this one; if she hadn't said anything people would have said "silence is conpliance" etc. I think it's good that's she's acknowledged her lack of education on the topic when many others have charged in acting like experts, her response seemed quite mature (as long as she isn't affiliate linking the bloody books!).

I do worry that it's a bit superficial though. It's super trendy to get involved with these social inequality movements, but trends are transient and people forgot about them overnight. This isn't life or death for her and she doesn't have the lived experience to comprehend how scary being part of an oppressed group can be.

If she wants to use her platform for good then she can start by diversifying that pale af workforce.
I agree. I think it’s great she is using her platform to raise awareness (it’s about time she used it for something other than the shampoo ads) but her fans are young kids, not sure how big of an impact she is going to have there, so it does feel like they are doing it because it would raise more questions if she didn’t.
Haven’t been on for a while as Zoe has just been the biggest bore of bores and life has been incredibly busy - I’m still working full time from home and I’m super jealous to anyone who has been furloughed right now.

Reactions: 4
yeah having a wage is the worst
I've been furloughed because I am in the travel industry, which has been decimated by the virus, and the longer I am furloughed for the less likely it is i have a job to go back to - I'll then be made redundant and searching for a job in a recession. I would much rather be working full time and know that my job is secure.

**meant to quote the original poster!**

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.