Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Bluelipstick

VIP Member
Slightly off topic, but have your periods got better since then? Mine actually got heavier in my 30s (35 now) and I wonder if I should chat to GP.
Yes they have. I went on the pill in my late 20s/ early 30s as that was pretty much all the doc would do and it helped a bit. In my late 30s they started getting lighter when I came off the pill. I’m 43 now and I get one heavy day (not as bad as in my 30s) but I very rarely have to take any painkillers anymore.

But I would say yes, speak to your doctor. I wish I’d been better at advocating for myself when I needed to.

• Heart
Reactions: 2

littlewonder

Chatty Member
@littlewonder which style(s) did you get? The thing that puts me off trying period pants is that I don't like most styles the come in. My favourite shape of knickers is a classic bikini, and a lot of the period ones come in hipsters and shorts. I did actually got a pair of cheapo ones in Primark, but haven't had the chance to test them yet.
that was exactly why I was hesitant! I got the basic hipsters in medium flow which were 3 for £33 or something? I usually hate hipsters and like to wear high waisted knickers because I get so bloated so the first time I wore them I felt like my stomach was spilling out of them but now that I’m used to them, they are actually really comfy - they’re so soft and not too bulky. They just look like normal cotton knickers when I’m wearing them! The website says size down but I’m between clothes sizes so got the bigger size which are perfect - I think if I’d sized down like they suggested they wouldn’t have fitted me! I’m on the coil to stop my periods being so heavy so I can’t really vouch for the absorbency as mine are quite light at the moment (thank the lord)

I’ve seen that M&S do some bikini ones for £12 though that have some good reviews!

• Heart

martaS

VIP Member
I recall her saying they'd stopped, but she said it in a way that sounded almost boastful like she exercised so much she earned it. I wouldn't be surprised if she had totally normal periods but it's a shock after not having them, and now they're getting in the way of her swimsuit wearing island hopping.

I swam the English Channel last summer while on my period. Mooncups are the way forward, and an ecowarrior like Zanna should be familiar with them by now.
There are period swimsuits too, why won't she get one of these, as a backup for a tampon/menstrual cup?

mcfeez

VIP Member
Funny how dad is a Brexiteer yet not even British citizen himself, according to Companies House.......
Fairly certain you had to be British citizen to vote in the EU referendum. EU citizens (apart from Ireland) were not allowed to vote.

Spid

VIP Member
I’m too scared to post them in-Case I get cancelled. But you can go on land registry and pay £3 to view them if you know the address, which is easy to find on street view.
I'm sure it would be ok to post with the address blanked out

LittleBluebird

VIP Member
100% this - in a day or two she’ll post a ton of links and say that she’s sending her love to Ukraine. She won’t make a donation or anything. It’s interesting as Ant must have an interesting viewpoint on what’s happening in the markets right now - obviously not important in the big picture, but I wonder if she even discusses things like that with him, or if she’s constantly just taking pics of herself and posing in gym wear..
I highly doubt she spends any time reading on a topic such as this to be able to hold a conversation; I also highly doubt Ant spends much time on these topics too, educating himself, etc. She has zero interests in anything outside of herself and immediate orbit.

Pilatesgirl

VIP Member
Guessing she’ll be forming her opinion from her brexiteer Dad for the last week that all it’ll bring is more god damn foreigners into our country 😂😂
Funny how dad is a Brexiteer yet not even British citizen himself, according to Companies House.......

Reactions: 1

mammer8

VIP Member
I'm not a financial expert at all, but I do know that Help to Buy ISAs are no longer available (there are Lifetime ISAs)

And saying you don't pay tax on Pension 'profits' is very misleading.

martaS

VIP Member
That’s what my periods were like in my 20s so I took the delay pill for a holiday once. My period after that was as heavy and terrible as all the others, not much different 🤣
Slightly off topic, but have your periods got better since then? Mine actually got heavier in my 30s (35 now) and I wonder if I should chat to GP.

mcfeez

VIP Member
He might be a dual citizen. I think citizenship and nationality are different too.
I would guess if he is Dutch by birth then he is a dual citizen - just the other poster stated he wasn't a British citizen.

RobinsNest

Chatty Member
Guys, since you are always so helpful and there are people on the thread that walk and hike a lot, I need some recommendations for good walking trainers for wide feet. I mostly walk in cities with occasional trips to the countryside and seaside. (I have hiking boots for hills/mountains, just need something for long walks in flat terrain if that makes sense?) I tried Googling but it's overwhelming plus some of the wide fit options are so ugly :cry: I just need something that's good for my poor feet and looks semi presentable, like you know, you can wear it with black jeans and a nice top?
I have a pair of Arc'teryx Aerios that I got super cheap from Facebook marketplace- probably from the hiking gear buying and selling group, but it might be the running gear one. They're expensive new but you get a range of colour options so you can find ones that go with more outfit options. The facebook groups are always selling stuff and a good place to ask for recommendations. I actually really like barefoot shoes at the moment, my vivobarefoot ones really got me through those long lockdown walks.

• Heart

daisychain99

Chatty Member
I really don't understand why she even bothered to announce her intention to take the period-delay pill. I wouldn't want the horror stories either so I wouldn't have said anything until afterwards, she can then share her story to inform others, if that's what she wants - she must know what people are like - some just can't help but share their 'experiences' - same with marriage, pregnancy, labour, you name it.

But no, tell everyone, then complain when the inevitable happens. Also been reading here again as now justifying why she's going private.
Chuck that money around Zan. 🤑🤑🤑
ridiculous given you can get that period delay pill on the nhs or even buy it now over the counter at superdrug...

but she has to spend all her money somehow...

cry at low engagement and poor sales despite having £240k + in the bank.. out of touch much??

1643733273296.png

emilyamy

Whoever can create threads please can you create one about Jada Sezer? Another “influencer” billboard rapidly losing followers and of the same ilk as Zanna

Hc68759

VIP Member
I had seen her posting about a podcast episode with someone where she talks about being childfree? Does anyone know where I could find this?
It will be on the Ashley James podcast ‘Mums the word’ but don’t think the episode is out until Monday