Zanna van Dijk #11 Never-ending panelling fest. Vanity project at the Surrey nest

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I give it a year or two, the panelling furniture and decor won’t be insta worthy anymore and I bet the whole house is redecorated again. There is nothing sustainable about how she lives her life.

Reactions: 20
It's not a walk in closet, it's a room with wardrobes & no bed! I'm American I have a walkin closet, it's not the same!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 21
It's not a walk in closet, it's a room with wardrobes & no bed! I'm American I have a walkin closet, it's not the same!
Agreed, I’m not American but it looks nothing like the walk in wardrobes where I’m from.

The point of a walk in wardrobe is to be able to see your clothes. Otherwise it’s just a room with cupboards. Also, the cheap unframed mirrors in the cupboards are such a low budget inclusion for what must be around £8,000 of work, and she’s left no space for a freestanding mirror anywhere.

Reactions: 26
What shits me about the Surrey Nest page is that it’s not there to help people with their own design inspo, it’s purely created for her to get free stuff. If I posted something I had had picked out for me, I’d find out where is was from so I could tell people, not write ‘sorry, I don’t know where these are from’. Also, a sustainable person who is conscious about the planet and has a ‘eco’ business, wouldn’t have always dreamed of a walk in closet. So well done Zanna, you’ve just come out of the ugly, cluttered and claustrophobic closet you just had built, as the fraud you are...

• Heart
Reactions: 43
I find the “sorry not sure where it’s from” (which happens a lot) quite distasteful. You have that much new stuff in your house that you literally have no idea where things are from, how much they’d have cost etc.

• Heart
Reactions: 36
I find the “sorry not sure where it’s from” (which happens a lot) quite distasteful. You have that much new stuff in your house that you literally have no idea where things are from, how much they’d have cost etc.
Especially if it's stuff that JoJo designer extraordinaire (lol) bought. Like, surely, she has to show receipts and so on. But Zambia thinks those basic AF handles are so special she must keep the secret to herself. Her entire house is as basic and generic as she is.

I give it a year or two, the panelling furniture and decor won’t be insta worthy anymore and I bet the whole house is redecorated again. There is nothing sustainable about how she lives her life.
Agreed! There is nothing sustainable about how she decorates her house. Instead of built in wardrobes and desks (which I agree with others are SO 90s!) why doesn’t she visit thrift stores and Etsy to find beautiful old furniture that she can upcycle. Or if she insists on built in furniture, why not work with a company that uses sustainable materials. OR find sustainable materials yourself and work with a chippy to build what you want.

Decorate the shelves with bits that you buy from your unnecessary travels that actually mean something to you or offer up a memory.

She’s such a basic witch and people falling for her passion for the environment are absolutely deluded!

• Heart
So true she could have worked with a local carpenter/wordsmith to create something lovely and natural but no she went for a dated overpriced company your mum and dad used in 93 🙄.

Also she’s ripping out the bathrooms because they’re not ‘natural’ enough...but she’s quite happy to fill another room with mdf and crappy mirrors

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 21
It’s the posting of the shoes getting to me. Designer labels and 3 pairs of the same Hermes £500 sandals....
Read the (walk in wardrobe) room child!

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 16
Can anyone summarise the main points from her latest YouTube vlog? I refuse to give her the views 😛

Reactions: 5
Just watched it but skipped through a lot as almost died of boredom. The main points I could gather are as follows (so basically nothing new that she hasn’t already shown a million times on her stories):
  • they have entered phase 2 of the renovations now which will involve the 3 guest bedrooms, walk in wardrobe and 4 bathrooms (yes, FOUR bathrooms).
  • She then does a tour of the kitchen and says the only remaining job is to change the cupboard handles to antique brass ones to fit with the vibe of the house 🙄.
  • The snug is finished other than needing to change some of the prints on the wall and change the sliding doors from white to black.
  • Ant’s office is shown next and it’s a small dark room compared to Zanna’s massive office 😡.
  • Livingroom next and Zanna makes a dig about the many issues they had with the contractors but everything is pretty much finished in there.
  • The garden next and they discuss how their furniture for it should arrive in a month. Her favourite feature of the house are the french doors leading from the kitchen to the garden.
  • They are going to panel the main bathroom 😑.
  • Panelling the main guest bedroom and giving it an “earthy vibe”. Total snooze fest!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
Just watched it but skipped through a lot as almost died of boredom. The main points I could gather are as follows (so basically nothing new that she hasn’t already shown a million times on her stories):
  • they have entered phase 2 of the renovations now which will involve the 3 guest bedrooms, walk in wardrobe and 4 bathrooms (yes, FOUR bathrooms).
  • She then does a tour of the kitchen and says the only remaining job is to change the cupboard handles to antique brass ones to fit with the vibe of the house 🙄.
  • The snug is finished other than needing to change some of the prints on the wall and change the sliding doors from white to black.
  • Ant’s office is shown next and it’s a small dark room compared to Zanna’s massive office 😡.
  • Livingroom next and Zanna makes a dig about the many issues they had with the contractors but everything is pretty much finished in there.
  • The garden next and they discuss how their furniture for it should arrive in a month. Her favourite feature of the house are the french doors leading from the kitchen to the garden.
  • Panelling the main guest bedroom and giving it an “earthy vibe”. Total snooze fest!
My god. The budget for this project. It’s absolutely insane. I just spent more than £15k on a new kitchen (cabinets only), a bathroom and a small ensuite. I can’t even fathom how much they are spending. Do they think it’ll add £100k on to the selling price?!

• Wow
Reactions: 12
My god. The budget for this project. It’s absolutely insane. I just spent more than £15k on a new kitchen (cabinets only), a bathroom and a small ensuite. I can’t even fathom how much they are spending. Do they think it’ll add £100k on to the selling price?!
I bet they spent at least 20k on getting pretentious JoJo to throw blankets over the sofas and put wicker baskets on the shelves. That’s what many people earn in a year!

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 11
I think they’ve spent well over 100k. Maybe more around 200k if you include all of the furniture and shelf tat

• Wow
Reactions: 14
Panel the main bathroom?! Well that'll be a joy for the cleaner making sure there's no moisture in the corners of the panels. I remember when I was a kid - we're talking 90s here - my parents did the bathroom with tongue and groove style wooden slats. My dad said looking back it was an awful decision as whilst it looked good (at the time anyway!) It was a nightmare to clean and moisture in bathrooms just gets everywhere even with good ventilation! ETA - why not just tile over and paint like a normal person?! Or why not just leave it be if its in good condition (which it probably is!)

Reactions: 11
I honestly cannot believe she has three pairs of the same Hermes sandals. Plus Jimmy Choo and Gianvito Rossi! She has never shown them on insta so I wonder if our sustainable Queen bought them new??

She was very coy with the outfit post tonight - bag and shoes were just “second hand”, never mentioned the brands.

• Wow
Reactions: 17
Panel the main bathroom?! Well that'll be a joy for the cleaner making sure there's no moisture in the corners of the panels. I remember when I was a kid - we're talking 90s here - my parents did the bathroom with tongue and groove style wooden slats. My dad said looking back it was an awful decision as whilst it looked good (at the time anyway!) It was a nightmare to clean and moisture in bathrooms just gets everywhere even with good ventilation! ETA - why not just tile over and paint like a normal person?! Or why not just leave it be if its in good condition (which it probably is!)
Her plan for this house is like toxic mold's dream. Imagine the nightmare if the SURVIVED toxic mold, that they brought on themselves by panelling a frigging bathroom.

Also. Four bathrooms for TWO people. This is just... I think I actually dislike her. "Be sustainable" Zanna, in a house that's like twice as big as what she'd need.

• Haha
I think they’ve spent well over 100k. Maybe more around 200k if you include all of the furniture and shelf tat
They must have. My bathrooms and kitchen were the most basic stuff available too. Nothing high end or fancy. And I live near to her and labour is super expensive at the moment. I don’t get why Ant is letting her spend sooo much on this house?! A big extension I can see, you’re adding square footage. But this is LITERALLY just for Instagram.

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.