Your tips on how to look more Groomed, Glamorous or Polished.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
A lady I play golf with has the most incredible style, but it is really very simple.

It's not just in the clothing she wears (always block colours, never any patterns), but also in the way she carries herself - perfect posture, walks very elegantly - and talks + engages incredibly well with people (speaks slowly and clearly and holds a gaze really well).

She also smells really lovely (as strange as this sounds, she reminds me of the new car smell!), and is so optimistic about everything (without being silly) - it's quite contagious. A lot of men at the club fancy her (not surprising). She doesn't wear a lot of makeup - at a guess, I'd say she wears mascara, lipstick and some sort of foundation or tinted moisturiser. She has grey hairs that are blended with blonde highlights and little wrinkles - she embraces aging rather than trying to hide it.

She definitely leaves a lasting impression.

• Heart
Reactions: 42
Ok guys I need advice on my hair! I’m only 27 and I have sooo much grey hair, my roots are at least half grey I’d say. I have really dark brown hair so it really stands out and makes me look so much older. I Chuck a box dye on or use root spray but with a 1 year old I’ve not much time. What would be the best thing to do? Go for some blonde highlights to blend them instead of trying to fully cover them? I’ve never had anything done to my hair in my life so I’m clueless. I love this thread I got my eyebrows waxed and tinted for the first time last week after reading here and I love them!

Reactions: 1
A lady I play golf with has the most incredible style, but it is really very simple.

It's not just in the clothing she wears (always block colours, never any patterns), but also in the way she carries herself - perfect posture, walks very elegantly - and talks + engages incredibly well with people (speaks slowly and clearly and holds a gaze really well).

She also smells really lovely (as strange as this sounds, she reminds me of the new car smell!), and is so optimistic about everything (without being silly) - it's quite contagious. A lot of men at the club fancy her (not surprising). She doesn't wear a lot of makeup - at a guess, I'd say she wears mascara, lipstick and some sort of foundation or tinted moisturiser. She has grey hairs that are blended with blonde highlights and little wrinkles - she embraces aging rather than trying to hide it.

She definitely leaves a lasting impression.
I wonder if people like that are just lucky and it comes naturally, rather than them putting a lot of effort in.

Reactions: 15
My uncle always used to say to us:

Put on clean clothes, be clean and stand tall.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Ok guys I need advice on my hair! I’m only 27 and I have sooo much grey hair, my roots are at least half grey I’d say. I have really dark brown hair so it really stands out and makes me look so much older. I Chuck a box dye on or use root spray but with a 1 year old I’ve not much time. What would be the best thing to do? Go for some blonde highlights to blend them instead of trying to fully cover them? I’ve never had anything done to my hair in my life so I’m clueless. I love this thread I got my eyebrows waxed and tinted for the first time last week after reading here and I love them!
I also have very dark hair and dye it myself but using tubes of colour an developer like they do in a salon. Blonde highlights won’t help blend them as within 2 weeks you will have white roots coming through. My hair grows very quickly so I colour mine every 3 weeks, I am 47 and about 50% white not grey, I have been told by my hairdresser not to go blonde to help disguise the roots until I have more white as it will still need done as frequently

Reactions: 2
Can anyone recommend any good trainer socks please? not to wear with trainers but to wear with shoes at work. I’ve tried so many they all slip at the ankle and get bunched up under my foot. Thank you
These ones from Primark. I've tried SO many over the years and these are the only ones that don't slip off.

Attachments

Reactions: 8
Can anyone recommend any good trainer socks please? not to wear with trainers but to wear with shoes at work. I’ve tried so many they all slip at the ankle and get bunched up under my foot. Thank you
Foot Locker own brand ones - they are invisible in most trainers and have a kind of reinforced elasticated band around the middle of your foot so they really do stay put. Life changing!

I’ve come for hair advice too. Naturally brunette, almost bum length wavy hair, fine but lots of it. I’ve had balayage a couple of times and it’s almost unbearable to wash and comb out, just turns matted. I’ve tried Olaplex shampoo/conditioner and loads of hair masks, just moved onto Pureology hydrating purple shampoo which is a bit better but not massively. I knew the bleach would damage my hair obviously but any miracle products I’m missing that would make it a bit more manageable?

I’ve come for hair advice too. Naturally brunette, almost bum length wavy hair, fine but lots of it. I’ve had balayage a couple of times and it’s almost unbearable to wash and comb out, just turns matted. I’ve tried Olaplex shampoo/conditioner and loads of hair masks, just moved onto Pureology hydrating purple shampoo which is a bit better but not massively. I knew the bleach would damage my hair obviously but any miracle products I’m missing that would make it a bit more manageable?
Have you looked at Kerastase? The products are on the pricey side, but well worth it IMO.

Might sound simple but have you used a Tangle Teezer hair brush? The proper branded one, not the knock-offs. It glides through your hair like butter, mine would be a knotty mess without it. I wash my hair and brush it out when it's wet with the Tangle Teezer.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Might sound simple but have you used a Tangle Teezer hair brush? The proper branded one, not the knock-offs. It glides through your hair like butter, mine would be a knotty mess without it. I wash my hair and brush it out when it's wet with the Tangle Teezer.
I have a Tangle Teezer and also a Wet Brush! I think the bleach has just fried my hair 😬

I had balayage done on my hair and found the exact same, it made my hair sooo dry. I have grown mine out now, still a bit dry but I swear by kerastase! I really like their resistance range which is for strengthening your hair and the nutritive Bain satin is also amazing for dry hair. Please don’t buy the kerastase in a salon if you are wanting to try it, they are soooooo much more expensive! I always get mine on look fantastic as they always have offers on! Think they have 30% off atm

• Heart
Thing is bleach is at the ends where rhe hair is oldest so it will be most damaging. I like Pro Longer from L-oreal and argan oil when wet. Use a coconut oil mask, leave it on for a hour once a week.

I started going grey at 26 and used to click a box of dark brown box dye on every 6 weeks or so. I’ve recently had balayage in a greyish/ashy tone which will blend as they grown. I do have a semi permanent on the top for now but eventually I will stop.

When I had it balayaged for the 2nd time I had instant regret. It was frizzy, knotty and just awful but I’ve been using herbal essences new leave in conditioner along with the oalplex oil and it’s much better. Still a little knitted straight out of the shower but easier to manage and looks fab dried.

When I had it balayaged for the 2nd time I had instant regret. It was frizzy, knotty and just awful but I’ve been using herbal essences new leave in conditioner along with the oalplex oil and it’s much better. Still a little knitted straight out of the shower but easier to manage and looks fab dried.
Sorry it’s Garnier ultimate blends leave in, I have the coconut one for hydration.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.