Your tips on how to look more Groomed, Glamorous or Polished.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Been reading here as I think I need to kick-start a new post-holiday and post-Covid chapter of eating better, exercising more and drinking more water. I don’t feel groomed or glam or polished, more grey, carby and lazy. Maybe if I write it here it’ll force me to do it… and if anyone has any tips on how to get back on track please share 😊
Do you have any habit tracker apps?
Or even setting a reminder daily to get specific small tasks done (I.e "go to the gym" "hiit class" "drink water" "morning skincare" "evening skincare")
I find doing my skincare ASAP after waking up and as soon as I think "time to sit and relax" in the evening really help.
Re skincare, I also have it all in order ready to go so I don't have to faff!

Does anyone have any good recommendations for girly, ‘level up’ podcasts?

I’m interested in all things luxury (clothing, accessories, travel), skincare, cooking, femininity, romance/dating, home making, health and wellness.
The Double Cleanse with the Welsh Twins is good, if I see anything else of interest I'll post here too, love a podcast

Reactions: 2
Do you have any habit tracker apps?
Or even setting a reminder daily to get specific small tasks done (I.e "go to the gym" "hiit class" "drink water" "morning skincare" "evening skincare")
I find doing my skincare ASAP after waking up and as soon as I think "time to sit and relax" in the evening really help.
Re skincare, I also have it all in order ready to go so I don't have to faff!

The Double Cleanse with the Welsh Twins is good, if I see anything else of interest I'll post here too, love a podcast
Ooh, habit tracker apps - I don’t have any but sounds like I need one! That’s really helpful, thank you. And also the bit about reducing faff or friction - that’s a big one too. Make it as easy as possible to do the “difficult” thing - good point! Thank you xx

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Does anyone have any good recommendations for girly, ‘level up’ podcasts?

I’m interested in all things luxury (clothing, accessories, travel), skincare, cooking, femininity, romance/dating, home making, health and wellness.
“Nip tuck not giving a duck” pretty new but I like their episodes!

Reactions: 3
Been reading here as I think I need to kick-start a new post-holiday and post-Covid chapter of eating better, exercising more and drinking more water. I don’t feel groomed or glam or polished, more grey, carby and lazy. Maybe if I write it here it’ll force me to do it… and if anyone has any tips on how to get back on track please share 😊
I’ve been in a similar boat. After covid I was struggling with enjoying food and loved snacks and sour sweets. I’ve had another health scare and it’s made me realise I want to eat food that makes me feel better. So I’ve started to make a list of foods I like. I was struggling with breakfasts so having yoghurt and fruit. Then just slowly increasing fluids when sugar free riven a which i’m now swapping for every other glass water. I know it’s just simple but I need that at the moment. I’ve also got an air fryer so using that as well. Im upping my veg too. I know it’s really overwhelming and also when ill it’s hard to find any motivation so just baby steps. My mum has been getting some nice ready meals as she’s been unwell too. They’re https://www.cookfood.net/ and lovely.

Hope you feel better soon. If possible time to do some things for yourself. Even if it’s just using a body moisturiser after the shower and putting some perfume on. I call them little pick me ups and I know it’s daft but makes a difference. I also like a nice candle. x

• Heart
Reactions: 8
My mom says no matter what, always spray some lovely perfume on everyday. Even if you're staying home all day, seeing no one and cleaning the house. Always have a couple spritzes of a gorgeous perfume on to brighten your day.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
My mom says no matter what, always spray some lovely perfume on everyday. Even if you're staying home all day, seeing no one and cleaning the house. Always have a couple spritzes of a gorgeous perfume on to brighten your day.
I agree with this. I love perfume anyway and work from home so okay don’t need it, but I always spray some on, and after a bath too. It always makes me feel better about myself. (The only other thing that ever did that was false nails — not massive talons but fairly long! — but I do so much typing and never learned to adjust to long nails so no more. However, I still think they make you feel good even when you first wake up; it’s one part of you that’s already ‘done’).

Reactions: 6
Hello everyone, welcome to Eddy's second inquisition (sorry in advance😅)

What's everyone's opinion on what looks more groomed when it comes to hair colour?
Natural? Bleached to the heavens?
I have a balayage at the moment but am feeling I need to change it up now I'm the big 3 0
I can't decide whether to let my natural brunette grow out or whether to go the complete opposite way and go for a platinum/pearly lavender blonde.
What's everyone rocking?

What's everyone's opinion on what looks more groomed when it comes to hair colour?
I have a balayage at the moment but am feeling I need to change it up now I'm the big 3 0
I can't decide whether to let my natural brunette grow out or whether to go the complete opposite way and go for a platinum/pearly lavender blonde.
What's everyone rocking?
Personally I think natural hair looks more polished day to day unless you're planning on being dolled up every single day. But I'm so unadventurous when it comes to hair color anyway haha

Reactions: 7

What's everyone rocking?
I’m quite a cool shade of blonde, I have tried going back to my natural hair colour but I just don’t feel or look right

Two factors for me - would your colouring suit that colour, and can you afford to maintain it? Roots are really unsightly, I know I could never be blonde as my hair is too dark and grows too quickly. And if the colour doesn't look right against your complexion then it looks obviously fake, which isn't very groomed. I think 99% of the time your natural hair looks best but then there's those women who are 'fake blonde' and you'd never guess!

Reactions: 5
Two factors for me - would your colouring suit that colour, and can you afford to maintain it? Roots are really unsightly, I know I could never be blonde as my hair is too dark and grows too quickly. And if the colour doesn't look right against your complexion then it looks obviously fake, which isn't very groomed. I think 99% of the time your natural hair looks best but then there's those women who are 'fake blonde' and you'd never guess!
My hair is naturally dark blonde but I’m getting a lot more greys as I get older. I find a light balayage helps blend them in 🥲

• Heart
Maintenance isn't an issue really, I've got 2 Salons (same owner) I can get to and I'm already paying out for a balayage or a "refresh" every so often, when I'm working I'd be even more organized re. Hair, I'm quite high maintenance looking but tend to get my hair done if I know I'll be doing more than just the school run, I'm that person that plans their social life around their hair appointments
I hate my natural colour, I call it poo brown.
I definitely look more polished when I go unnatural in some form and feel like I'd suit a pearly shade of blonde, I've tried dark brown and it was nice but felt very confined to the background, dark brown hair/dark brown eyes just made me feel like I "disappear" from people's radar.
But not sure about a corporate kind of setting, whether that's what employers want, I don't want clients to turn up and think "oh god they've stuck me with this bimbo"

Maintenance isn't an issue really, I've got 2 Salons (same owner) I can get to and I'm already paying out for a balayage or a "refresh" every so often, when I'm working I'd be even more organized re. Hair, I'm quite high maintenance looking but tend to get my hair done if I know I'll be doing more than just the school run, I'm that person that plans their social life around their hair appointments
I definitely look more polished when I go unnatural in some form and feel like I'd suit a pearly shade of blonde, I've tried dark brown and it was nice but felt very confined to the background, dark brown hair/dark brown eyes just made me feel like I "disappear" from people's radar.
But not sure about a corporate kind of setting, whether that's what employers want, I don't want clients to turn up and think "oh god they've stuck me with this bimbo"
I'm alternating between shouting at me kids and dossing on tattle, apologies to anyone disorientated by my edits

• Heart
I'd go for it then, you can always dye it back if you hate it! If clients think that then you can just challenge their judgement by being fab at your job (as I'm sure you are). I get this sometimes, in my job a lot of women don't wear make up and mostly have to tie hair up so keep it short. It's seen as being 'more serious' I suppose to not bother much with your appearance. Not my problem though, nor yours 🤷‍♀️

• Heart
I think forget about the outdated stereotypes (brunette blends into the background, blonde is for "bimbos") and just go for whatever suits you

Reactions: 8
I'd go for it then, you can always dye it back if you hate it! If clients think that then you can just challenge their judgement by being fab at your job (as I'm sure you are). I get this sometimes, in my job a lot of women don't wear make up and mostly have to tie hair up so keep it short. It's seen as being 'more serious' I suppose to not bother much with your appearance. Not my problem though, nor yours 🤷‍♀️
If I ever get a bloody job I will 😂

I am convinced women just can't win, I saw something a while ago saying women in heels aren't taken as seriously at work as women in flat shoes, but heels have been part of so many dress codes for so long!

• Wow
  • Haha
If I ever get a bloody job I will 😂

I am convinced women just can't win, I saw something a while ago saying women in heels aren't taken as seriously at work as women in flat shoes, but heels have been part of so many dress codes for so long!
We definitely can't, if you don't bother you're ugly, if you do you're a bimbo/thick. Give me heels for work or give me death 🤷‍♀️ I can't bear how a suit looks with flat shoes. When I started my current profession I was told women 'can't wear trouser suits'. Just have to ignore it all and wear what you want I think.

• Heart
I think forget about the outdated stereotypes (brunette blends into the background, blonde is for "bimbos") and just go for whatever suits you
I should you're so right, you're all correct of course, it's hard when the only people about to comment on how I look for the day are a pre-teen and a toddler

We definitely can't, if you don't bother you're ugly, if you do you're a bimbo/thick. Give me heels for work or give me death 🤷‍♀️ I can't bear how a suit looks with flat shoes. When I started my current profession I was told women 'can't wear trouser suits'. Just have to ignore it all and wear what you want I think.
*Orders bright pink trouser suit and stilettos*
"It's okay Mum, a Judge told me to wear this to my interview"

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
My mum says the same and I do. Even if I’m in hospital I’ll take perfume x

• Heart
Reactions: 1
My mum says the same and I do. Even if I’m in hospital I’ll take perfume x
Yes, and she ensures to spray a different one on after each shower. That way she says she gets to enjoy her array of perfumes. Funny thing is, my dad has now started to do the same with his colognes. It's quite cute.

• Heart
Best 2 products… Charlotte tilbury flawless filter and philip Kingsley elasticizer!

balayage! More natural and a lot less maintenance. You can go 6 months plus if needed and it wouldn’t matter!

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.