Your tips on how to look more Groomed, Glamorous or Polished.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Is this the type that is kind of like sandpaper? How long does it last you?
I love the "sandpaper" type ones. I've used them for years, especially for upper lip since I was about 10yrs old bc it was simplest & quickest, I generally do upper lip once a day, my skin is used to it and I'm paranoid.

Either I buy them from:

*Boots- they are super cheap & have 2 types. Big 1s which are used for legs or arms. Small 1s which are less rough & are meant for upper lip & face. Use them for a bit and after they loss their roughness, just throw away & get a fresh one. TBH I use a big 1 on my arm once or twice and then use it on upper lip & face.

*Amazon- Lots of buyer options on amazon. There is a pack of ones that you use with water which is a sponge & on 1 side it is the rough part and the other side is supposed to be a calming smooth side. These are good but bc it's a sponge it kinda goes moldy quickly.
Amazon also has lots of the regular sandpaper types.

*Regular pharmacies often have these type products too.
Ohhh no sounds like I overpaid for the advertised insta hun one 😂 it said it was suitable for all areas

Reactions: 2
Another vote for la Roche posay anthelios... leaves little white cast but goes within a few minutes!

Reactions: 1
My boyfriend tends to do his ones a few days apart as he gets a sharp pain on a specific tooth if he does them too close together. He smokes and drinks a lot of Coca Cola though so not sure if that has anything to do with it! The first time I did use them my teeth were a bit sensitive so I used Sensodyne gentle whitening toothpaste and I find it’s the only one that works for me, did try one from Colgate and I think it made it worse. Not sure if the toothpaste actually whitens but for the sensitivity it definitely helps. I started using the strips about 5/6 years ago and I’ve never had any problems since

I did use to have some sensitivity before though so the strips didn’t make it any worse or anything !

I would deffo try spacing them apart though. Hope that helps x
where do you get your crest whitening strips from please? Been struggling to get some for ages

Reactions: 4
Hey just a question about the crest strips, I’m on my third night of using them and my teeth are starting to get really sensitive 🥴 has this happened to you and do you have any tips on how to treat it ?? Thanks 😊
It’s the peroxide - it can damage the enamel so use in moderation.

Reactions: 3
Me too you don’t feel as if you have anything on

Thank you 😊 the girls in work said to brush using sensodyne toothpaste 👍🏻
Use sensodyne like you’re doing and also you can rub it in like a cream! Make sure you don’t rinse after you’ve brushed too. That should help. Also the sensitivity doesn’t last, so don’t worry!

where do you get your crest whitening strips from please? Been struggling to get some for ages
I’ve just got some from ukteethwhitening.com because of all the recommendations from this thread. Going to try it tonight!

I’ve had a self care day and it’s been so nice! I tinted my brows and lashes, dermaplaned my face and moisturised. Then I put olive oil in my hair and let it sit for 20 mins. Washed my hair and oh my, it really does feel like it’s made a difference! It feels so soft! 🥰

I ordered some nails bits and bobs from Amazon, so I’m going to gel my hands and toes tomorrow. It really lifts my mood when I make time to do this for myself! Happy Saturday 🤍

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Has anyone got advice for super frizzy hair?

I have really fine, thin hair but it is super frizzy and puffy. After it's brushed it feels like candyfloss. It's a tiny bit wavy, I've tried treating it like it's wavy but that honestly just made it even frizzier. The ends always flip up and never sit flat and are bushy too
687176.jpg
. When I was treating it like it was wavy my scalp was always so itchy and it was like I'd been dragged through a hedge backwards.

I am absolutely terrible at styling my hair, so am in need of something that's going to make maintenence so much easier for me. My hair always looks an absolute mess no matter what unless I get a salon blow dry . Would a keratin blowdry be able to do that?

I'm just worried that it's going to damage my hair and make it even thinner.

Pics for reference (please excuse that I'm in my jammies in them)
687175.jpg

687174.jpg

Here's my hair when I was letting it go wavy. Uig always looked OK on wash days but the days following it was like Hagrid
547314.jpg
IMG_20210828_000229.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 5
@Princess of Scots I think you have nice hair, wavy or curly! I’m not a hair expert so probably someone will answer with some good advice.

my hair goes SUPER frizzy after I blow dry it. I always have to straighten in afterwards and go in with some hair oil. Have you tried that? When I went to hair salon the other day she used a mousse or cream (sorry can’t remember) and said it was used for fly away hairs so I’m sure there’s something on the market! I should have listened.

I’ve also been tempted by the keratin blow dry 👀 so hoping someone has some advice on that!

@Princess of Scots I think you have nice hair, wavy or curly! I’m not a hair expert so probably someone will answer with some good advice.

my hair goes SUPER frizzy after I blow dry it. I always have to straighten in afterwards and go in with some hair oil. Have you tried that? When I went to hair salon the other day she used a mousse or cream (sorry can’t remember) and said it was used for fly away hairs so I’m sure there’s something on the market! I should have listened.

I’ve also been tempted by the keratin blow dry 👀 so hoping someone has some advice on that!
Yep, you name it. I've tried it. I've tried Olaplex, all the oils and serums under the sun. I used to straighten my hair like mad from the age of about 11-19, was always still a bundle of frizz.

Mousse makes my hair so greasy, it just clings to the surface of my head.

One thing I've found that works for my skin is rose water. I wash my face in cold water, apply rose water and then add bio oil before using aveeno as a moisturiser. I have sensitive skin and a chronic illness that has caused my immune system to be shot and acne face washes seem to have the opposite effect. I recently tried to change from aveeno to cocoa butter but my skin didn't like it so I went back. My skin has never been better since using these things. Also randomly found that i used rose water on my breasts because i used to get really bad hair growing on them and found that the hairs all but dissapeared so might be worth trying if you have trouble with this.

@Princess of Scots I think your hair is very nice and might be more than a bit wavy!

Are you using brush or a comb? Many people with non+straight air get frizz from brushes and the brush itself might also be causing more frizz.
I personally am against not washing with shampoo, it causes scalp problems in the long run for many, so even with wavy hair, I think you should be okay using shampoo and then just condition your length really well. You might want to hop over to the longhaircommunity, a forum mostly focused on growling long hair, but they have great advice for treating all hair types and any length.

• Heart

I have really fine, thin hair but it is super frizzy and puffy. After it's brushed it feels like candyfloss. It's a tiny bit wavy, I've tried treating it like it's wavy but that honestly just made it even frizzier. The ends always flip up and never sit flat and are bushy tooView attachment 1335563. When I was treating it like it was wavy my scalp was always so itchy and it was like I'd been dragged through a hedge backwards.

I am absolutely terrible at styling my hair, so am in need of something that's going to make maintenence so much easier for me. My hair always looks an absolute mess no matter what unless I get a salon blow dry . Would a keratin blowdry be able to do that?

Pics for reference (please excuse that I'm in my jammies in them)View attachment 1335565
View attachment 1335559

Here's my hair when I was letting it go wavy. Uig always looked OK on wash days but the days following it was like HagridView attachment 1335578View attachment 1335580
Ok so firstly, your hair is gorgeous! Secondly, how would you like to wear it the majority of the time, wavy or straight? If straight, I can’t offer much advice as I have curly hair but I’ve heard great things about Color Wow Dream Coat. You can get a small bottle for £12.50 if you wanted to try before committing to a larger size. Hopefully someone else can offer advice on keratin blow dries as I don’t have any experience with them (but very intrigued!).

If you want to wear your hair wavy then please persevere, it takes time before you get it ‘right’. If your scalp was itchy then you may have been using a shampoo/conditioner that was too heavy for you and left residue on the scalp. Make sure you cleanse the scalp thoroughly and use products catered to your hair type (fine and/or wavy). Get yourself a wide tooth comb. Comb conditioner through the mid lengths and ends of your hair and avoid the roots to stop any buildup. For styling products I’d recommend a mousse as gels may be a little too heavy for you, a leave in conditioner, a serum and/or a defining cream. Apply products to soaking wet hair and scrunch out any excess water with a micro fibre towel or an old cotton tshirt. Don’t use regular towels to dry your hair, you’d be surprised at how much frizz these can cause! Never brush your hair when it’s dry, always wet it first and apply a little leave in conditioner or serum and comb it. It will be a lot of trial and error until you find what works for you and annoyingly, no two days are ever the same when it comes to curly and wavy hair!

I’m always buying and trying out new products but there’s a few that I find myself repurchasing. Keep in mind I have 3B fine, curly hair so these may or may not work for you but it’ll give you some ideas.

Palmer’s cocoa butter moisture rich shampoo and conditioner
Noughty intensive care leave in conditioner
Keracare leave in conditioner
OGX argan oil tame and shine cream
Moroccanoil curl control mousse

You can also try some satin or silk pillowcases. They are a life saver for me and I would honestly wake up with a tangled birds nest without them!

I’m a curly girl and couldn’t use a brush on my hair as it would be mad.
Invest in a comb first off.
As for products I used to use curl creme which was fab but either they changed it or my hair changed so it’s not the same.
Was given a bottle of frizz ease for curly hair as a colleague bought it by accident and I am loving it. Put it on when wet, comb and scrunch. Then when I’m getting ready to leave the house spray a little more and it’s great.

K18 update: so iv been using k18 for a few weeks now there’s a slight improvement small curls are starting to develop and hair feels slightly better in condition and texture when dry. I’m not sure how long I’m supposed to use this treatment for or if it’s a continuous treatment or not, I only bought the small bottle as I wanted to try it and see if it worked first.

I have really fine, thin hair but it is super frizzy and puffy. After it's brushed it feels like candyfloss. It's a tiny bit wavy, I've tried treating it like it's wavy but that honestly just made it even frizzier. The ends always flip up and never sit flat and are bushy tooView attachment 1335563. When I was treating it like it was wavy my scalp was always so itchy and it was like I'd been dragged through a hedge backwards.

Pics for reference (please excuse that I'm in my jammies in them)View attachment 1335565
View attachment 1335559

Here's my hair when I was letting it go wavy. Uig always looked OK on wash days but the days following it was like HagridView attachment 1335578View attachment 1335580
You obviously have wavy hair (and very pretty, too). Is this your natural colour? I have slightly wavy hair too, it has become even frizzier after I had it coloured so I feel your pain. My hairdresser said there is no point in trying to fight frizz with sprays or oils because wavy hair is porous and needs some serious hydration. She recommended getting a cream product but I’m yet to get one because I’m lazy. I‘ve heard lots of praise for Schwarzkopf Professional OSiS+ curl honey cream so I think I’m going to buy it as it’s quite affordable.

Also, I think you might benefit from giving CGM a try for softer, more defined curls.

You obviously have wavy hair (and very pretty, too). Is this your natural colour? I have slightly wavy hair too, it has become even frizzier after I had it coloured so I feel your pain. My hairdresser said there is no point in trying to fight frizz with sprays or oils because wavy hair is porous and needs some serious hydration. She recommended getting a cream product but I’m yet to get one because I’m lazy. I‘ve heard lots of praise for Schwarzkopf Professional OSiS+ curl honey cream so I think I’m going to buy it as it’s quite affordable.

Also, I think you might benefit from giving CGM a try for softer, more defined curls.
Yes it is my natural colour.

I tried CGM a year ago but it really made my scalp so itchy and the frizz on the day after washing was still crazy.

Does anybody else get spots on their bum?! I don’t get them anywhere else but there and it really annoys me! They are awful looking and also sore after I’ve squeezed them and will be quite inflamed for a few days after. What could I use to help it? And what causes it?

Does anybody else get spots on their bum?! I don’t get them anywhere else but there and it really annoys me! They are awful looking and also sore after I’ve squeezed them and will be quite inflamed for a few days after. What could I use to help it? And what causes it?
It's really common, the skin is thicker on your bum and doesn't shed as much as other places and it gets a lot of friction from clothing, chairs etc so the hair follicles get blocked and irritated. I used to use The Ordinary 5% retinol in squalene on mine every day after I showered. It got rid of the spots and also made my bum really soft and smooth! Now it's improved so much I just use The Ordinary Glycolic toner on it a couple of times a week for maintenance.

Cerave Smoothing facial wash is great for this area too, I use it instead of shower gel a few times a week and it's made a real difference on the skin tone on my back as well

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.