Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Ruby’s mum

VIP Member
I'm sure I'm not the only one doing this, but maybe some of you have advice on how to be better about it?

I tend to "safe" some items like a perfume, or a lotion, etc for an event or similar, instead of using them every day or at least regularly. And then very often when such an event comes around, I'm not using it as I'm then worried I haven't used it in a long time, so that I'm not sure if I'm applying it nicely, whether it'll work with my foundation, etc. so essentially I'm in a deadlock of not using stuff due to waiting up for an occasion and then not using it because I stick to my regular things.
I don't know why I keep doing this, I'm annoyed by myself about it. I get e.g. wearing a certain perfume only for special occasions, but I've caught myself not using conditioner and that's getting pretty stupid.
Use it use it use it! So often in the past I saved stuff for best or a special occasion only to find it had gone out of fashion or gone off (perfume and cosmetics especially) or didn’t fit or suit me anymore. Use it, enjoy it and have the memory. One of the saddest stories I heard was someone my mum knew many years ago who was given a bottle of champagne to celebrate her son’s birth. She decided to save it for his 21st birthday which sadly never happened as he was killed in a motor cycle accident aged just 19.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 16

Kim Mild

VIP Member
A lady I play golf with has the most incredible style, but it is really very simple.

It's not just in the clothing she wears (always block colours, never any patterns), but also in the way she carries herself - perfect posture, walks very elegantly - and talks + engages incredibly well with people (speaks slowly and clearly and holds a gaze really well).

She also smells really lovely (as strange as this sounds, she reminds me of the new car smell!), and is so optimistic about everything (without being silly) - it's quite contagious. A lot of men at the club fancy her (not surprising). She doesn't wear a lot of makeup - at a guess, I'd say she wears mascara, lipstick and some sort of foundation or tinted moisturiser. She has grey hairs that are blended with blonde highlights and little wrinkles - she embraces aging rather than trying to hide it.

She definitely leaves a lasting impression.
I wonder if people like that are just lucky and it comes naturally, rather than them putting a lot of effort in.

Reactions: 15

blade52

I'm not groomed naturally and to be honest I rarely feel I acheive this standard 😆 but in an attempt to get close.....

Hair bleached and toned to ash blonde every 8 weeks (6 if budget allows) and trimmed
Hybrid lashes every 2 weeks
Short acrylic nails every 3 weeks
Cleanse tone and moisturise every day
Paint toe nails every 2/3 weeks (lasts so much longer than fingers!)
Brows shaped and tinted every 6/8 weeks

I wear minimal jewellery, just a sentimental necklace that was a gift, my wedding band/engagement ring and my mum's eternity ring, i have one facial piercing and some cartilage piercings

I don't work out and loosely follow slimming world, I'm a size 12/14 and 5ft 4", currently trying to smarten up my wardrobe as I've fallen into the skinny jeans/leggings with a t shirt hole and can't seem to get out X

• Heart

Hastaggifted

VIP Member
I've only read a few pages of this thread but I was influenced to dye my brows! I've had them microbladed before but have always felt like they didn't look as good as other people who have had it done.
I bought the eylure kit in dark today and done my brows this evening and it has made such a difference! I am so happy with the colour and how they have turned out. I can't believe I have never done it before! Going to spend the rest of my evening reading the rest of the thread to see how else I can improve my appearance 👌🏻😂😍

• Heart

tspnwn

Literally just got back from my lash lift, audibly gasped when I saw them, what a difference! Kicking myself for not taking before and after pics but so so pleased with the result.

• Heart
Love this thread

Just wanted to add for hair if it’s fine and prone to greasyness bumble and bumble detox shampoo has changed my life.
And for conditioner I use a cheap garnier product from Amazon I’ll link below. It’s fantastic. I use it everyday as a basic conditioner 3minute job and as a hair mask once a week.
Ola plex oil when I blow dry means no fly always or frizz.
And a revlon round brush hair dryer has changed my life and it’s cheap!!!

Good white teeth is also a must too.

I also use a snail mucin Korean product on my face which has revived my dull skin. I use it under my moisturiser every day.

I find keeping my handbag clean and tidy also makes me feel more put together and organised.

Shampoo -
Shampoo by Bumble & bumble Sunday 250ml Amazon product

Conditioner -
Garnier Ultimate Blends Plumping Hair Food Watermelon 3-In-1 Fine Hair Mask Treatment 390 ml Amazon product

Hair dryer -
Revlon Salon One-Step Hair Dryer and Volumiser for Mid to Long Hair (One-Step, 2-in-1 Styling Tool, IONIC and CERAMIC Technology, Unique Oval Design) RVDR5222 Amazon product

Snail mucin skincare -
COSRX Advanced Snail 96 Mucin Essence 100ml | Snail Mucin 96% Skin Repair Serum | Lightweight Facial Moisturiser with Snail Mucus | Korean Skin Care, Cruelty Free, Paraben Free, Alcohol Free Amazon product

• Heart

Tinkerbell cat

VIP Member
I get my nails done every 3ish weeks, and my eyebrows done every 5ish weeks. I just feel more like a woman when I have them done as I have such small stumpy hands they're like a little boys with no nails! and good eyebrows just make me feel like I have my life in order haha.
I do my tan every Thursday evening or try at least, sometimes I just can't be bothered but I always feel much better when I do. I have been known though in the past to just tan the parts people would see 😂
I cleanse, tone and moisturise every night, along with some drops of youth and some eye cream.
Dye my hair every 6ish weeks and get it trimmed every couple of months.
Try to go on the exercise bike about 4/5 times a week or go for a big walk, just makes me feel better about myself and less guilty for buying shite loads of chocolate in Home Bargains!
I wear dresses pretty much everyday, nice shoes etc.

I never feel like a proper woman though, I always feel really insecure beside other woman, but everything I do, I do for me and it helps a little :)

Would love to try Olaplex, heard lots of good reviews.

Loving all your tips ladies, can't wait to take some of them onboard :)

• Heart

Sogdhitalley

VIP Member
As the title says, what are your tips for looking Groomed, Glamorous or Polished?

Whether it be on a budget or if you splash the cash, leave your tips below.

• Heart

judgejohndeed

VIP Member
I booked a lash lift and tint for the end of the month I’ve never had either!! So excited, what should I expect exactly?
You’ll love it! Honestly you just lay down and close your eyes, they stick your eyelashes up onto this little platform thing (doesn’t hurt or anything) to lift them with some chemicals then usually tint after. I sometimes get a bit of a sting when I open my eyes again but I wear contacts (which you can’t for the process btw so if you do, take your glasses) and my eyes are sensitive. It’s really relaxing, I’ve nearly fallen asleep before!

also re above posts everyone is entitled to their opinion but honestly give me Chanel Mademoiselle or give me death 😏 I don’t know anyone else who wears it and I always get complimented when I wear it 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Heart

Poppykisses87

To the posters on here who recommended UK Lash - honestly thank you! ❤❤

I was quite lucky and had fairly long and thick eyelashes until I had eyelash extensions done in 2019 and they ruined my lashes (I literally cried for weeks after I had them removed and none of my pre extension mascaras I used to swear by looked the same on me after). They were stubby, loads were missing and one small patch was actually ripped from the root. My lashes seem really strong and healthy now. I’ve been using it for about 2 months

Also I’m an avid user of crest strips for teeth and have used them for years, I highly recommend them too. I find using the strips for a period of time once a year is enough.

threads like this are so useful as I don’t have many girl mates to get beauty tips from and YouTube isn’t the same like it was back in the day!

• Heart
Reactions: 14

about.a.girl

I’m currently in the process of separating from my narcissist husband. Being with him has totally ruined my self confidence that I’d worked so hard to build! Trying to get ‘me’ back. I’m a total novice with beauty stuff… my ‘routine’ is wash face, moisturise with basic Vaseline moisturiser then day to day I use concealer, matte power and blush and that’s it.

where do I start? I’ve no idea about proper skin regimes or what products to buy. I’m never going to be mega glam but just want to look like I have my shit together a bit. Been looking for tips on here think I’m going to get regular gel nails and eyelash and brow tints … maybe Botox but that scares me a bit !
Not much to say on the beauty side as I’m totally out of touch lol, but just a message to say best of luck on your new path and you will get your confidence back in no time xx

• Heart

Mrs Cucumber

VIP Member
I feel eyebrows can change your whole face, love having my brows waxed and tinted.

A nice lipstick and perfume always make me feel ready for the day.

slugella

VIP Member
I always love people with brave style who just wear what they want. I love bright clothing and have lots of fun accessories that some people might hate but they make me feel happy wearing them :giggle: I've lost my way with this since covid and work from home though - mostly pjs and joggers!

Reactions: 13
Tried the Oh K! Apple foot peeling mask a couple of weeks ago and all the dead dry skin of my feet just came straight off. Highly recommend before sandal season kicks in. Warning - your feet look like a shedding snake for a couple of days, but so worth it for the end result. Soaking your feet during process helps speed it up.
4A2FCBBB-5609-48CA-A128-CEA4424E940D.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 13