Your tips on how to look more Groomed, Glamorous or Polished #9

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Any Skims dupes worth it or should I just bite the bullet and pay for Skims haha

Reactions: 2
@pommynoir i get my jeans from Abercrombie (I know, I was surprised myself). I’m 5’9 and their long jeans are long on me! They do extra long as well.
They tend to do 25% off and then get influencers to do an AD for them and provide them with an extra 20% off on top.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
@pommynoir i get my jeans from Abercrombie (I know, I was surprised myself). I’m 5’9 and their long jeans are long on me! They do extra long as well.
They tend to do 25% off and then get influencers to do an AD for them and provide them with an extra 20% off on top.
I have been looking at Abercrombie! An influencer I follow uses them. I must keep an eye out for the discount codes, thanks!

Reactions: 4
I love Levis ribcage jeans, so flattering on my wide hips and chunky thighs and come in a range of leg lengths!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I am 33/34 inch leg and unfortunately their Xtall only goes upto 33 which seems ridiculous. I will have a look at mom jeans though, but my full length jeans I like touching the floor 😂
i think the long tall sally jeans on next go up to a 36 leg?

Need to clear out my makeup collection, it's way too overwhelming. Other than pitching stuff that is obviously expired and products that don't work for me, what else should I think about? I feel so guilty getting rid of things because of all the money I spent 🙈

Reactions: 2
Need to clear out my makeup collection, it's way too overwhelming. Other than pitching stuff that is obviously expired and products that don't work for me, what else should I think about? I feel so guilty getting rid of things because of all the money I spent 🙈
Don't buy something to make something else work! I once bought foundation drops to lighten foundations that are otherwise too dark... Didn't really use it and ended up throwing the drops and the foundations out, double waste of money :rolleyes:

Does anyone take collagen supplements? Seem to be getting spammed by adverts. Is it a new gimmick or worth it?

Does anyone take collagen supplements? Seem to be getting spammed by adverts. Is it a new gimmick or worth it?
Yes! I initially started taking it as I hoped it would help with joint pain I was having. It didn’t help for that but I’ve stuck with it because I’ve noticed a massive difference in my hair, nails and skin. My nails are stronger than they’ve ever been and my hairdresser (who I’ve been going to for over 10 years) says my hair is in the best condition she’s seen it, to the point where she’s trimming it leas often than she used to because it doesn’t need it. A big yes to collagen from me!

Reactions: 1
Yes! I initially started taking it as I hoped it would help with joint pain I was having. It didn’t help for that but I’ve stuck with it because I’ve noticed a massive difference in my hair, nails and skin. My nails are stronger than they’ve ever been and my hairdresser (who I’ve been going to for over 10 years) says my hair is in the best condition she’s seen it, to the point where she’s trimming it leas often than she used to because it doesn’t need it. A big yes to collagen from me!
Hmm, not sure if it’s for me then. I already struggle with my big toe nails as they are so thick, don’t want to make them worse.

my mum takes proto-col capsules and swears by them for hair skin nails and joints etc. just be careful as she got diagnosed with hypercalcemia which is unrelated but stopped them for a bit as a precaution (is taking them again now)

Put stuff that you're on the fence about in a box. If you then use any of the things from that box in the next 12 months, you know it might be worth keeping. Anything else from that box, just toss away/recycle.

Don't feel guilty about getting rid of things. Possessions should serve us, and not weigh us down and make us feel stressed or overwhelmed. Only keep things which are useful or make you feel good.

If you’ve bought too much makeup, maybe take some time to assess why that is? I am guilty of doing this, but mainly because I have a hard time finding colours which suit me. I’m finally getting to a place where I know what suits me, and what won’t.

I made a promise to myself to not buy any more liquid products, as these don’t last long. E.g. lip glosses, liquid highlighters. Powder products last for years if you store them well, and if they contain preservatives (so not products from "clean beauty" brands). I'm glad I kept some powder blushes, eyeshadows and foundations that I thought didn't suit me, but do now.

The only thing I feel bad about is throwing away makeup in packaging which isn't recyclable. So much of it isn't recyclable. I think in the next few years, companies are going to have to (or they should be made to) change their packaging to become recyclable and more eco-friendly - more cardboard, recyclable plastics, metals/aluminium. Why should they be allowed to produce things made of impossible-to-recycle plastic, just because it looks good or cool? I'm talking about the hard coloured plastics and decorative resins some companies use. It might look good on their Instagram pages, but this stuff will take hundreds of years to degrade in landfill.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
The only thing I feel bad about is throwing away makeup in packaging which isn't recyclable. So much of it isn't recyclable. I think in the next few years, companies are going to have to (or they should be made to) change their packaging to become recyclable and more eco-friendly - more cardboard, recyclable plastics, metals/aluminium. Why should they be allowed to produce things made of impossible-to-recycle plastic, just because it looks good or cool? I'm talking about the hard coloured plastics and decorative resins some companies use. It might look good on their Instagram pages, but this stuff will take hundreds of years to degrade in landfill.
Have a look at the beauty recycling schemes done by Boots and John Lewis and possible others. They can recycle things that home recycling cannot and you get credit for it too.

If there is a women’s shelter/refuge near you they may be take your unwanted items. Often women flee domestic violence with little more than the clothes they are wearing and are grateful for any gifts.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
The Dr Dennis Gross one. I had a Current Body one for maybe a year before that and really liked it (the session is 15 mins rather than I think 3 mins with the Gross one). The Current Body like a few others is flexible too which I think some people prefer. Mine is hard/a set shape which may not suit some face shapes I think?
This is really helpful- thank you!

Can’t help with jeans but Duo boots are great. I’ve had several pairs from themThey come in several calf fittings and different heights too so good for tall/short and plump/slim ladies. Decent variety of colours and styles too and well within your budget.
I had some of these ages ago and bought some more to try on last year. Very expensive and NOT free returns - there's no brick-and-mortar shop anymore and because the boxes are so heavy it can cost quite a bit to send them back.

What brand are you taking?

Me too. I take Bare Biology powder. Took it for knees, minimal help. Hairline was. Receding but now filled in more, strong nails, glowing skin. I have had compliments.

If you are prone to depression there is a warning not to take it.

I had some of these ages ago and bought some more to try on last year. Very expensive and NOT free returns - there's no brick-and-mortar shop anymore and because the boxes are so heavy it can cost quite a bit to send them back.
I don’t mind paying the price as so few brands do multiple calf fittings and other boots are always way too baggy for me. I find the quality to be really good. I wear them to death so have my money’s worth out of them and feel they are worth the price. Having to pay for returns is a pain though if they don’t fit or you don’t like them.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.