Your tips on how to look more Groomed, Glamorous or Polished #9

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Has anyone made a NYE resolution related to grooming/feeling polished? Might be a nice way to finish off this thread before we move to a new one!

I'm determined to get into a better routine with my LED face mask, because I notice a different when I am more diligent about using it regularly.
Mine is to stick to my morning and evening routines that help me get all of the tasks done that help me feel groomed/polished. Such as getting up early enough to do some exercise / get ready, and getting my clothes etc ready the night before so I don’t just pick things out the wardrobe in a rush in the morning!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Has anyone made a NYE resolution related to grooming/feeling polished? Might be a nice way to finish off this thread before we move to a new one!

I'm determined to get into a better routine with my LED face mask, because I notice a different when I am more diligent about using it regularly.
Yes mine is to have more facials.

• Heart
Reactions: 4

I have the Current Body one and love it. It really makes a difference but you do need to be diligent and use it regularly.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I find it really hard to stay as groomed and glamorous as I’d like through winter due to leaving the house when it’s dark and getting home when it’s dark! I love doing my routines (tint and shape my brows, skincare, makeup etc) in natural daylight. Today I got ready in the dark with bathroom light and when I look in my car mirror I always look a mess 😭

• Sad
Yes mine is to have more facials.
I am going for one tonight, I go once a month and alternate between deep cleansing and anti aging. The aren’t cheap but the results so far better than any at home one I’ve done.

I’m also booked at the end of the month for Microneedling and microdermabrasion as I got a voucher for Xmas.

My resolution is to use my gentle facial steamer more often. It really helps open the pores up before an exfoliation or mask. Going to do it every weekend (apart from when I have a facial) to keep up what I pay for at the salon.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I have an LED face mask and I need to use it more. I bought it for the blue light setting but it also has a red and orange mode. Which colour do you all use and how often?

I’ve just moved house and got rid of anything that was any way tatty. It was a great deep cleanse. I now need to be more ruthless as I’ve put on some weight and some things feel snug. I want everything in my wardrobe to be things I love and know I feel good in. Long way from a capsule but still very much paired down. Did the same with skin care did a big clear out using up ends/ discarding oldies. Felt great. The main resolution I’ve made is to up my water intake again as I was bad over Christmas and it makes a huge difference I find.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I’ve decided to have a massage or facial once a month as of now. I work hard and feel like I deserve it!

In other news, the allergic reaction to the VB eyeshadow saga goes on. Selfridges emailed me and said they want a photo of my eye affected by it. I pointed out that to do that I would have to apply it to my eye again and suffer the burning.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Does anyone have any recommendations for nice jeans? I like mum jeans or wide leg, I’m tall so would need them to cater to long leg lengths. No strict budget but ideally under £200.
Seems like it would be easy but I’ve been looking MONTHS.

(Also same for flat black boots, for slim calves that don’t make you look like a jockey, budget under £500.)Found the perfect pair in the Dune outlet store didn’t have my size, found two pairs online asked Mr Pommy to order them for me for Christmas; and now I can’t find any. 🥲

Does anyone have any recommendations for nice jeans? I like mum jeans or wide leg, I’m tall so would need them to cater to long leg lengths. No strict budget but ideally under £200.

(Also same for flat black boots, for slim calves that don’t make you look like a jockey, budget under £500.)Found the perfect pair in the Dune outlet store didn’t have my size, found two pairs online asked Mr Pommy to order them for me for Christmas; and now I can’t find any. 🥲
a few pals and I swear by the New Look Tori jeans, which come in tall too. Decent 'mom' jeans and they last ages.

• Heart

Next have some good jeans, and they do a tall range.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
a few pals and I swear by the New Look Tori jeans, which come in tall too. Decent 'mom' jeans and they last ages.
I will take a look, I’ve been wearing Stradivarius ones the last couple years but they don’t last as long and the sizing is off, I’ve one pair a 12 and one an 18 both fit the same. Sick of it 🤣

• Haha

Can’t help with jeans but Duo boots are great. I’ve had several pairs from themThey come in several calf fittings and different heights too so good for tall/short and plump/slim ladies. Decent variety of colours and styles too and well within your budget.

• Heart

I'm a massive fan of Monki jeans. I have these in black and blue.

The Asos Mom high-waist jeans are also great and come in different leg lengths.
---
I was in a Superdrug on Saturday. Three very young girls extremely skimpy and tight clothing, at the make up section squealing and trying on products. I didn’t take much notice but a girl of about 16 was with her mum and she told her mum the girls were 9. The mum looked so shocked and said how do you know, and she said she overheard them talking. I took a look. They had the works on, and their clothing was tarty. I had reservations on putting down the word tarty, they are children after all, pre-teens with very skinny bodies but the whole package of the clothes and make up made them look like mini hookers.

I would think the same whatever their ages but the fact they were so young was depressing and shocking to see. That Mail article mentions the pre-teens market being important now. Yeah, catch ‘em young. Have them trowel it all on to hide the youthful skin they would kill to have years later. How can parents have a child and then a short 9 years later they be walking around like that? Is there to be no childhood? Are boys facing this pressure to be all consumed by their looks? I know that some young boys are now into body building, but I think that is rare.
My son is 13 and has been lifting weights for a while now (in his defence, he does play a sport for his county so needs to be fit). But he and his friends get pretty competitive about it and compare who has the bigger or better muscles or definition. He's often flexing or checking himself out in the mirror. So much pressure on both boys and girls :(

• Sad
  • Heart

I haven’t tried them yet but I’m looking at the Mango loose leg and Mom fit jeans. They have that nice greyish colour which I think looks good. I’ve heard good things.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Next have some good jeans, and they do a tall range.
I am 33/34 inch leg and unfortunately their Xtall only goes upto 33 which seems ridiculous. I will have a look at mom jeans though, but my full length jeans I like touching the floor 😂
---
Can’t help with jeans but Duo boots are great. I’ve had several pairs from themThey come in several calf fittings and different heights too so good for tall/short and plump/slim ladies. Decent variety of colours and styles too and well within your budget.
Just found a pair I love, and have sent to my husband. If he doesn’t reply in 10 minutes I’ll be buying them myself on his card. 😝 THANK YOU!!
---
Going to look up all the jean recommendations, thank you ladies!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I am 33/34 inch leg and unfortunately their Xtall only goes upto 33 which seems ridiculous. I will have a look at mom jeans though, but my full length jeans I like touching the floor 😂
They do XX Tall in some styles, which is 35 inside leg! But they're online only I think.

You can refine their website search by leg length.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.