Your tips on how to look more Groomed, Glamorous or Polished #10

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hope it’s okay to jump in and ask - is the Hourglass Vanish concealer good for under eyes? I be looking like I’ve been dug up lately, insomnia is my worst enemy 😔

If not, has anyone got any good under eye concealer recommendations? I’ve been using a NARS one but it’s not really doing it for me!
Of course, and yes I absolutely love it! It transforms my entire face and makes my undereyes flawless. I will say that it's a very love/hate product because my friend got it and absolutely hates it. It creases badly for her, but for me it's an absolute dream. I use a sponge to blend it out and set it with Huda Beauty Cherry Blossom loose powder.

If you don't want to commit to the full size, they do a travel size which I got initially so I could test it out :) Or you could just go shopping with no make up on and try it in store

Reactions: 3
Matte lipsticks. - I always find them too dry. Any recommendations for ones that aren’t too dry?
I've been using the Kylie Velvet Lip Kits lately and I think they're super nice. It's like matt but def not dry. I got the colors Harmony & the super bright pink one.

Reactions: 1
I know this isn’t totally the right place but hoping that someone can advise.

I’ve been having BIAB, but the last three weeks my thumbs have broken. At first I thought it was the shape or length but I’ve cut them and rounded them off and it’s still happening. Begins with the sides breaking off then lifts and peels and end up like the pic. 😞

I don’t think it’s the nail tech I use as she’s very good and it’s just a recent issue, does anyone have any ideas what could be causing it?

also, is acrylic *that bad* as I’m thinking to maybe just go back to it, as I’m paying double now what I used to when I had acrylics. (I also now use a self employed girl who has a little shed in her back. It’s lovely but she’s put up her prices twice in 3 months)

I really don’t want to stop with nails, it’s my thing and i feel horrible without them but it’s worse having chipped nails than undone ones. I’ve filled the thumbs in now with some BIAB I had from when I tried to learn myself 🤣 not seeing her again for 9 days.
I had biab for a couple of years, lasted well until recently when they started pinging off after a week. I’ve gone back to doing them myself for a while, I got the Essie gel polish in a few colours (I only ever have plain neutral like your pic) and the top coat. Lasts a good week, only 20 min to do, cheaper 🤷🏻‍♀️ it looks pretty similar so it’ll do for a while.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Of course, and yes I absolutely love it! It transforms my entire face and makes my undereyes flawless. I will say that it's a very love/hate product because my friend got it and absolutely hates it. It creases badly for her, but for me it's an absolute dream. I use a sponge to blend it out and set it with Huda Beauty Cherry Blossom loose powder.

If you don't want to commit to the full size, they do a travel size which I got initially so I could test it out :) Or you could just go shopping with no make up on and try it in store
Ahh this is great info, thank you so much!! I’ve got a few Hourglass products and have never been disappointed so am definitely going to give this a go. Love the travel size tip too 🙏

• Heart
Have you tried the Hourglass Phantom Glossy Lip Balm? They're a recent firm favourite of mine! I have collected four shades over the last six or so months! 😅 Also Hourglass packaging just feels so luxe in your makeup bag. Similar to VB's stuff. Makes me feel fancy :ROFLMAO:

A perennial haircare favourite of mine is Christophe Robin's Salt Scrub for the scalp. Once a week I use it instead of shampoo to cleanse my scalp. I've been using it for over 5 years (and you don't use that much product so I've maybe bought one every year or so?) I definitely wouldn't be without it!
I got a sample of the Christophe Robin salt scrub in a beauty box last year and didn’t read it properly so was using it as a body scrub 😂😂😂 my skin felt lovely!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
Does anybody have any 🍉 friendly sulphate free hair recommendations? I was using Semi Di Lino, but I don't think it agrees with me anymore, . I changed to Moroccan Oil, but just read up on the company on the BDS list.

I have a Brazilian blow-dry so need something super moisturizing and free from sulphates. Looking for a shampoo, conditioner and maybe a new hair treatment oil.

(no offence but no opinions needed on my moral stance, just recommendations 🤣❤)

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Does anybody have any 🍉 friendly sulphate free hair recommendations? I was using Semi Di Lino, but I don't think it agrees with me anymore, . I changed to Moroccan Oil, but just read up on the company on the BDS list.

I have a Brazilian blow-dry so need something super moisturizing and free from sulphates. Looking for a shampoo, conditioner and maybe a new hair treatment oil.

(no offence but no opinions needed on my moral stance, just recommendations 🤣❤)
Please someone tell me it’s not just me trying to work out what melon friendly means?!

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Please someone tell me it’s not just me trying to work out what melon friendly means?!
Palestine friendly (as in, not supporting Israel).
Hopefully it won't start a debate though 😭🤣

Reactions: 5
The Hourglass Phantom Glossy Balm is on my wish list and has been for a while! Perhaps I will have to treat myself! I did get the Clinique Almost Lipstick in pink honey the other week which everyone is raving about. But it’s not satisfied me. What shades have you got ?

oh I use Christophe Robin’s scrub too! Great product !
I have Impulse, Slip, Entice and Mist. In these colder months Impulse has been my favourite as it's a bit darker.

Palestine friendly (as in, not supporting Israel).
Hopefully it won't start a debate though 😭🤣
ha, I used the watermelon to avoid a debate. Just those who know, know.

Just looking for recs - debating should be done on the right thread, hopefully people stick to that.

Aside, I have just seen on tiktok that colourwow is fine, I like the dreamcoat hopefully everything else is as good.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I bought a small size Colour WOW dreamcoat curly last week and although I like it, I'm not, ahem, "wowed" by it.
Anyone using it as a one and done? My best success has been using it along with the Colour WOW root spray.

Reactions: 3
ha, I used the watermelon to avoid a debate. Just those who know, know.

Just looking for recs - debating should be done on the right thread, hopefully people stick to that.

Aside, I have just seen on tiktok that colourwow is fine, I like the dreamcoat hopefully everything else is as good.
Their shampoo and conditioner might be worth a try! I love the volumiser mousse and their root lift spray. I was sceptical when I first got them because the brand is so hyped on social media, but have been really pleased with both!

Their shampoo and conditioner might be worth a try! I love the volumiser mousse and their root lift spray. I was sceptical when I first got them because the brand is so hyped on social media, but have been really pleased with both!
My hair isn’t coloured is the only thing. Going to research a bit more.

I bought a small size Colour WOW dreamcoat curly last week and although I like it, I'm not, ahem, "wowed" by it.
Anyone using it as a one and done? My best success has been using it along with the Colour WOW root spray.
The Dreamcoat made my fine hair so lanky, just bought Revlon Uniq One and that’s the same, I can’t find anything that doesn’t make my fresh clean hair look greasy straightaway. Just need a heat protectant, conditioner type spray.

Just wanted to say I love that when people are like “I look like tit, can someone recommend a moisturiser” people just…recommend a moisturiser. People don’t tell them to do yoga or drink more water or whatever. This is why I will never leave this thread.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Just wanted to say I love that when people are like “I look like tit, can someone recommend a moisturiser” people just…recommend a moisturiser. People don’t tell them to do yoga or drink more water or whatever. This is why I will never leave this thread.
But have you tried going for a long walk and then having a hot bath? 😉

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I’ve got really curly fine hair and I love dream coat. It’s the only thing I use when I’m having my hair curly, I do find I have to saturate it though.

The Dreamcoat made my fine hair so lanky, just bought Revlon Uniq One and that’s the same, I can’t find anything that doesn’t make my fresh clean hair look greasy straightaway. Just need a heat protectant, conditioner type spray.
Try the Beauty Works 10 in 1 spray, or with the Uniq One my hairdresser actually suggested watering it down it’s that heavy!

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.