Your tips on how to keep your home glamorous #3

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thanks I'll take a look. I've had a carpenter & they've said due to the plasterboard walls I can't put in a unit or nails. I also don't want the expense of a big job or a builder in blocking up the window, looking for quick easy fix!
You can definitely hang things off plasterboard. My whole house is plasterboard dot and dab, we’ve wall hung flat screen TVs, shelves, large artworks, radiators etc. My husband has done it so it’s definitely DIY-able.

Look up heavy duty plasterboard fixings - this is one type https://www.geefix.com/

Reactions: 1
Looking for utility room storage ideas. The room is 2metres in length and depth. Door swings open fully, in front in washer dryer under counter top. Above counter top is small window & gas boiler. That is the only brick wall, the other 3 walls are plaster board. Current "storage" is hanging rail on back of door with washing basket & recycling and a free standing shelf(on counter top) with baskets for tea towels, washing power/cat food etc. It's a room where I need space to store but also space to unload/separate out a washing. I'm looking on Pinterest but the options seem to be for "small" utility/pantry in the USA which are about 7 times the size of mine!!!
Could you change the direction the door opens or maybe even fit a barn-style sliding door hung on a rail to give more floor space? We did this to a pretty much unusable cupboard and created a walk in pantry with the space it gave. I’ve also seen shelves fitted into window recesses in various ways. Lots of ideas on Pinterest

Attachments

Could you change the direction the door opens or maybe even fit a barn-style sliding door hung on a rail to give more floor space? We did this to a pretty much unusable cupboard and created a walk in pantry with the space it gave. I’ve also seen shelves fitted into window recesses in various ways. Lots of ideas on Pinterest
Shelving in the window!!!! Genius!!!!!!!

Reactions: 2
I split some liquid foundation on the carpet any tips how to get it out?
Worth doing a bit of a google on it, don’t take my word in case it ruins your carpet 🤣 but I used to use a dab of star drops ammonia on a damp cloth to get makeup stains off my coat collars.

I split some liquid foundation on the carpet any tips how to get it out?
Same caveat as above, don't take responsibility for a ruined carpet 😅 but I'd just use standard carpet cleaner and maybe make up remover, I use make up remover to clean foundation off jackets

Reactions: 4
Recommendation: I'm sure there's a slew of gender stereotyping memes that would've covered this but my car can really turn a into a sty, like the outside is fully brought in. I just don't have a routine about cleaning it at all like I do about anything inside or gardening.
I got this https://www.blackanddecker.co.uk/product/pd1200av-xj/12v-dc-dustbuster-flexi-car-vacuum?tid=586986
And it is fantastic! I have a wet dry shop vac thing from Screwfix or Wickes that i use for a proper clean but I park on street and it's doable with an extension lead, but it's rain that really gets in the way of using that when I need to. It doesn't quite match that but it gets up most bits that are visible including needles/twigs, wood chips/sawdust and mud. I also get a much missed eyefull of bagless action since I've denounced bagless inside (said here before ♥Miele c3♥. Always due respect to Henry and Hetty)

Question: is there a room/space planning app that is just basic where you can enter a room's dimensions, and then slide around objects in it? Nothing too detailed, just like cubes matching the measurements of furniture and fittings would be fine.

I've got the same brand as @HoGi but it is also an Air Purifier. My daughter's room had some black mould around the winter which FREAKED me out.

Reactions: 3
I've got the same brand as @HoGi but it is also an Air Purifier. My daughter's room had some black mould around the winter which FREAKED me out.

I’ve got this one too and I love it! The amount of water it collects is 😅😅 it feels so much better to know it’s being removed from inside our home.

Reactions: 2