Your tips on how to keep your home glamorous #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
On it 🙌

A few weeks after I’d say.. never had it with the old kitchen and I remember noticing it before xmas when the new washer would’ve been in a little while 😫😫

Yes could be! I had someone out last month as the washer was leaking (which he fixed on the second attempt 🙄) but I wonder if he’s missed something.. I don’t know if they’d send someone out for a smelly machine though 🤣😭
If it's a new thing, I'm just wondering if your waste plumbing was done properly? There could be a blockage because of how it's been set up, or if there's not a proper functioning waste trap in, smells from the drains/sewerage come back up the pipes. I think a lot of washing machines are connected to drain under the kitchen sink, and share that trap, though some (like mine) have their own standpipe and waste trap behind them. If you aren't sure what to look at or check, I'd definitely get someone to come have a look at how your drainage is set up, and that all is OK with it 🙂

• Heart
Reactions: 3
the cupboard doors are like laminate so from what I understand a pain in the arse but not impossible! I’ll explore that option further I think.
frenchic paint goes over laminate. I did my kitchen. You can also peel the laminate off with a hairdryer. Search frenchic fan group on Facebook…loads of before and afters.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Careful painting kitchen cupboards if it is a council house, I know people who got charged 4k for a new kitchen when they moved out as it is no longer safe from fire

• Wow
Reactions: 8
the cupboard doors are like laminate so from what I understand a pain in the arse but not impossible! I’ll explore that option further I think.
Mine are laminate too, just give them a quick sand use a small foam roller and the paint goes on really nice.

Careful painting kitchen cupboards if it is a council house, I know people who got charged 4k for a new kitchen when they moved out as it is no longer safe from fire
I've painted mine. Thankfully for us we are getting a new kitchen fitted by council anyways. Didn't know this though!

Reactions: 1
Yeah I wanted the H&M one originally but at £4.99 I couldn’t say no to this!
---

How does it work with a robot vacuum if you’re over two floors? Does it sense the stairs and avoid them or tumble down them to it’s death?!
We use ours upstairs and it does sense there are stairs nearby. After a couple of runs, our one creates a "map" of the flooring area and knows where to avoid certain obstacles, such as furniture for example.

Certainly won't save us when Skynet kicks in but it's a smart wee bugger.

Does anyone know where these chairs are from? View attachment 1996841
Looks like these from Dunelm

I've painted mine. Thankfully for us we are getting a new kitchen fitted by council anyways. Didn't know this though!
I know a few it happened to with Newcastle council. My MIL works for them and she said they’d never get permission to do it but they do it anyway thinking know one will find iut then get hit with a 4k bill🫣x

• Wow
We use ours upstairs and it does sense there are stairs nearby. After a couple of runs, our one creates a "map" of the flooring area and knows where to avoid certain obstacles, such as furniture for example.

Certainly won't save us when Skynet kicks in but it's a smart wee bugger.
Yes, mines the same, it won’t go down the stairs, he’s a clever lad 😂 I haven’t tried him upstairs yet as the kids leave switch games, earrings and Lego on the floor of their rooms so I need to manually clean their floor before it’s hoovered 😭😄

I inherited a very icy freezer when I bought this apt last year and defrosting it was never a priority. My new fridge freezer is coming tomorrow so I needed to tackle this arctic mess. THREE hours later, every towel I own, and two sinks full of ice later…

it’s impossible that a three shelf freezer was harbouring so much ice. I don’t understand the physics of it! But honestly, this might be the greatest accomplishment of my life.

my tip? Don’t let your freezer get to this state to begin with!!!
B541727F-3AFD-4186-B2A3-6B55757AE2C2.jpeg
61692D15-A0C9-446F-8E78-B8630E2E887D.jpeg

Reactions: 9
If it's a new thing, I'm just wondering if your waste plumbing was done properly? There could be a blockage because of how it's been set up, or if there's not a proper functioning waste trap in, smells from the drains/sewerage come back up the pipes. I think a lot of washing machines are connected to drain under the kitchen sink, and share that trap, though some (like mine) have their own standpipe and waste trap behind them. If you aren't sure what to look at or check, I'd definitely get someone to come have a look at how your drainage is set up, and that all is OK with it 🙂
Ooo yes you could be onto something - it’s right next to the dishwasher & sink so could be something shared going on. I’ve got a handyman that I get in for anything and everything 🤣🤣 so I will ask him to have a look.

• Heart
I inherited a very icy freezer when I bought this apt last year and defrosting it was never a priority. My new fridge freezer is coming tomorrow so I needed to tackle this arctic mess. THREE hours later, every towel I own, and two sinks full of ice later…

it’s impossible that a three shelf freezer was harbouring so much ice. I don’t understand the physics of it! But honestly, this might be the greatest accomplishment of my life.

my tip? Don’t let your freezer get to this state to begin with!!!View attachment 1998031View attachment 1998032
I think I would have just unplugged it and left it outside 🫢

• Haha
Reactions: 6

my tip? Don’t let your freezer get to this state to begin with!!!View attachment 1998031View attachment 1998032
Very well done! That’s a dose of a job. I badly need to defrost mine, but can’t motivate myself to get started!!!

I think I would have just unplugged it and left it outside 🫢
If I could have thrown it out the window, I would have.

@curiouserandcuriouser2022 it was a million times worse than I imagined it I would be but I’m so super duper proud of myself for persevering and getting it done (omg first world problems) I wish I had some advice but it was an absolute ball ache 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4
If I could have thrown it out the window, I would have.

@curiouserandcuriouser2022 it was a million times worse than I imagined it I would be but I’m so super duper proud of myself for persevering and getting it done (omg first world problems) I wish I had some advice but it was an absolute ball ache 😂
I’m considering buying a new one rather than defrosting mine! However, due to financial realities in the first world that won’t be happening imminently! My next one will be one of those magical freezers that can de-ice themselves! Let us know if your electricity bills magically start to fall please!!!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.