Your Nail Salon/Manicure Routine

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
IMG_5607.jpeg
Todays nails. And got gel toes as well
She said in October her prices are going to go up. She only just put them up in march sigh😭

• Heart
Reactions: 4
My studio is introducing BiAB! First one in Germany apparently but it cost 50€ which is substantially more than their Shellac price and that was already tough on my budget.

Apparently BiAB last 3-4 weeks though, hows everyone’s experience with that? Shellac is a total hit and miss for me. Had it last perfectly for 3 weeks and other times it comes off within the first week.

Reactions: 2
BIAB always lasts a month on me unless I'm a real dick and do something stupid with them (like this month where I smacked my hand into a wall)

• Heart
My studio is introducing BiAB! First one in Germany apparently but it cost 50€ which is substantially more than their Shellac price and that was already tough on my budget.

Apparently BiAB last 3-4 weeks though, hows everyone’s experience with that? Shellac is a total hit and miss for me. Had it last perfectly for 3 weeks and other times it comes off within the first week.
Depends what the brand is, my understanding is that BIAB is by The Gel Bottle, but other brands have a similar builder gel. The salon I go to uses The Gel Bottle and I *absolutely* love their builder gel. I just had my set removed today after being on for four weeks and it was still 💯 immaculate. I only got it off because I can’t justify continually getting it done. It’s costing about £30 to get applied and about the same for infill (add extra for nail art). I wouldn’t get anything else.

I had these done on the 23rd June, one tiny chip where I hit my hand doing some gardening, but otherwise still looking good!
My only issue with BIAB is that it lasts so well, I only get them done once a month and the growth/length drives me nuts haha. Counting down the days until my appointment on Tuesday
IMG_2764.jpeg
IMG_2762.jpeg

Reactions: 3
Any tips for getting nail extensions off at home?

read on Google “soak them In acetone cotton buds with tin foil for 30mins” and then slowly push off with a cuticle stick, 2 hours later I still haven’t got one sucessfully off but now they look a mess HELP 🙈😂😂

read on Google “soak them In acetone cotton buds with tin foil for 30mins” and then slowly push off with a cuticle stick, 2 hours later I still haven’t got one sucessfully off but now they look a mess HELP 🙈😂😂
30 mins is way too long! If you leave them for too long they reharden so thats why you can’t get them off. Are they gel or acrylic?

Did you buff/file the top layer of gel off before you soaked them? I do that then use these but I tend to end up needing to file the last few bits off.
BAAA5EDF-DEC8-4A01-BDA9-D4BF15B50B59.jpeg

Does anyone have any recommendations for normal nail varnish? Really want pretty nails but can't justify spending on a gel appointment at the moment so wondering which brands last well. No chance of me getting a gel setup at home I'm afraid!

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Does anyone have any recommendations for normal nail varnish? Really want pretty nails but can't justify spending on a gel appointment at the moment so wondering which brands last well. No chance of me getting a gel setup at home I'm afraid!
I like Essie Gel Couture. The Barry M Gelly nail varnishes also last really long on me. Even though they're called "gel" they're just normal varnishes, no lights or anything required.

• Heart
I like Essie Gel Couture. The Barry M Gelly nail varnishes also last really long on me. Even though they're called "gel" they're just normal varnishes, no lights or anything required.
Ooh I was eyeing those two up actually but couldn't figure out the gel situation. Thank you, I'll have a look next time I'm in town 🙂

Ooh I was eyeing those two up actually but couldn't figure out the gel situation. Thank you, I'll have a look next time I'm in town 🙂
I 100% recommend Essie polish. Such lovely colors and formula!

Reactions: 1
Another vote for Essie however I found that when my nails are particularly bad there‘s absolutely no regular nail vanish that lasts.

Tried something new! ❤ wanted to test out the “red nail theory”
Husband isn’t a fan but I love it 🤣

28C1240E-CC7A-4144-9A2D-46B79157F07D.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 6