Wright At Home/Helen Marie Wright

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
How is much is a pineapple in the UK, they must be expensive if you were thinking of waiting around two hours, instead of paying full price for one.
On Aldi less than a pound, in Morrisons approximately £1.29.Im all for being frugal and saving money, but there's a big difference between being frugal and being mean. Her garden is beautiful, but she is always buying plants, bulbs and treatments, not always reduced, that is very costly. I just think her priorities seem a little one sided, if it's for the 'family ' it's yellow label or discounted, if it's for or Danny, then she's OK with paying whatever it costs

Reactions: 6
That is cheap, here in Australia where a lot of pineapple are grown we rarely get it the below $3 (about 1.50 pound) in summer. I would definitely not be waiting around for yellow sticker.

Reactions: 4
After seeing meals of the week, I wonder if Danny volunteers to work lates so he doesn't have to eat her awful cooking. Why are so many vloggers obsessed with serving tinned sweetcorn with everything. Poor old Camron, his holiday snaps shown to thousands of strangers, of course he gave consent, I don't think he would say anything else to Helen. She did used to be more aware of the boys privacy.

• Angry
After seeing meals of the week, I wonder if Danny volunteers to work lates so he doesn't have to eat her awful cooking. Why are so many vloggers obsessed with serving tinned sweetcorn with everything. Poor old Camron, his holiday snaps shown to thousands of strangers, of course he gave consent, I don't think he would say anything else to Helen. She did used to be more aware of the boys privacy.
Helen thinks she is a wonderful Cook lol. I wonder who Cameron went away with, if he has a partner Helen will be a nightmare Mother in Law.

• Haha
I reckon his friends parents ? the pics looked like something families would get up to .I'm not sure teens would be into sightseeing .

Reactions: 3
That's why I think it was a family holiday he went on as opposed to a boys holiday ,I don't think she'd trust him he doesn't seem very streetwise , none of them do.

Reactions: 5
Just watched meals of the week, lucky old Danny on lates so he missed out on a few horrors last week.The lamb stew was horrendous, she doesn't like adding fruit to her meals so left out the apricots but more than happy to fling everything else in the pot. I'm sure it was supposed to be a lamb tagine, bet she didn't add harrissa for seasoning. Little Ella is so sweet, love listening to her chattering away in the background

• Sick
Poor Ollie getting a reduced birthday cake for his birthday!!
So they're going away this month and she'll be taking food with them. Stop being so tight!! It's a holiday, eat out, live a little, my God!!!

• Wow
So they're going away this month and she'll be taking food with them. Stop being so tight!! It's a holiday, eat out, live a little, my God!!!
She always takes food away to cook and they only go out to eat for the boys' birthdays but it's always places like McDonalds or Pizza Hut. She usually bakes their birthday cakes using cake mixes. Everything always has to be done a budget but the boys don't ever seem to complain.

• Wow
Reactions: 1
Not defending her but not everyone can afford to eat out on holiday,we went away last weekend and spent £30 on chippy the night we got there and the other 2 nights we cooked in the caravan,we paid for the holiday last year but this year finances ain’t great for a lot of people.

Not defending her but not everyone can afford to eat out on holiday,we went away last weekend and spent £30 on chippy the night we got there and the other 2 nights we cooked in the caravan,we paid for the holiday last year but this year finances ain’t great for a lot of people.
They can afford to do renovations on their house and so on. I'm sure they can afford to eat out at least a couple of times on holiday. They have takeaways at home, so why not on holiday?

• Heart
I love how she bought 2 plants for 68p each but didn't want to pay full price for a pineapple a few weeks back. Priorities eh.

• Wow
She always takes food away to cook and they only go out to eat for the boys' birthdays but it's always places like McDonalds or Pizza Hut. She usually bakes their birthday cakes using cake mixes. Everything always has to be done a budget but the boys don't ever seem to complain.
No, they don't seem to complain, but I often wonder what they think when friends have fancy birthday cakes and they don't.

I love how she bought 2 plants for 68p each but didn't want to pay full price for a pineapple a few weeks back. Priorities eh.
Don't forget the £15 bottle of vodka a couple of weeks ago too.

• Wow
I think she just picks anything up because it has a yellow sticker, why would she need two coleslaw kits plus a big tub of coleslaw? considering she's buying it cheap because it's end of life it isn't going to last long and will need eating right away, some things like the fruit and veg can be fine for a while and meat can be frozen but coleslaw and salad leaves will turn quickly, all their milk is yellow labelled, surely even if you freeze it once it's defrosted it will only have a day or two life left in it due to it being sold so near it's expiry, I like a bargain and will have a look at the reduced section if im in the supermarket but to go and do your full weeks shop that way must take an awful lot of planning and juggling to make sure it all gets used before it's only fit for the bin, maybe explains why her meals are so random these days.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
She so fortunate when she needs or is looking for something it's on yellow label 🤔🧐 the birthday cake. Few weeks ago it was drops or something

She so fortunate when she needs or is looking for something it's on yellow label 🤔🧐 the birthday cake. Few weeks ago it was drops or something
Did she say a friend works at the supermarket she goes to or did I just imagine that? You're right she really does get very lucky with her yellow label shop.

Did she say a friend works at the supermarket she goes to or did I just imagine that? You're right she really does get very lucky with her yellow label shop.
She said she's made friends with a lot of the staff, she even gave the security guard a donut the other day, I guess she's in there that long each time she's there more than some staff 😂 she's mentioned a couple of times in the past how she was friendly with some of the regular yellow sticker shoppers and how she would save items for one of them and they'd do the same for her but not heard her mention anything like that for a while and after seeing that pic of her clearly trying to hide all the yellow sticker items in her trolley it makes me wonder if the competition isn't as friendly as it once was

• Wow
  • Haha
I'm surprised she gets the stuff to last a week. I copy Nancy Birtwhistle with my salad bags and it does last a few days longer than it says on the bag but I'm buying it with a good few days left on it whereas Helen is buying on the day so it must be manky by the time they eat it. It'd be better to buy a cabbage, carrots and an onion to make the coleslaw. As for the milk, I think you can get about 5 days longer than the date on it because the makers are really conservative with the dates but 4 big bottles, they'll never get through it.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.