Worst actors/actresses you've ever seen?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think there are quite a few really great actors/actresses on Hollyoaks (Sid, Darren, Sienna etc) but the show as a whole tends to get a bad rap. I think the main problem is normally the writing and that there are some really AWFUL ones which bring the show down.
I think Emmett J Scanlan (Brendan Brady) is one of the few soap actors who definitely should've been getting much better acting gigs than the soaps. He was good in that drama on channel 5 last year but the drama itself wasn't amazing.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Andrew Whyment who plays Kirk Sutherland in Coronation Street.
Oh I love Andy. He was brilliant on I’m a Celeb, he’s so normal and down to earth compared to a lot of soap “stars”. Haven’t watched Corrie for years but it’s as if he doesn’t even act in it. He’s just himself :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: 5
I know I'll be in the minority here but I'm no fan of Olivia Colman. I thought she was awful in The Crown,.

Reactions: 11
It's funny how many actors can be great in one thing but terrible in something else. Possibly down to miscasting or poor direction.

Reactions: 1
Dakota Johnson, she can't act to save her life and has so clearly only got to where she is because of her parents!

Reactions: 12
Matt LeBlanc - watched only a few episodes of Friends and Joey, along with a few other random show, and have to say he is definitely a one-trick pony.... or donkey, would be more accurate!

Reactions: 7
There are loads of people who have been in soaps for years and years who I swear wouldn’t get work elsewhere. They stay for the cash and the cache. And some of them swan around like they’re so grand!
Anthony Cotton (Sean from Corrie) is awful. I watched Corrie last night and was thinking how the hell is he still in the program 😂

Reactions: 12
Saw Toyah Wilcox lithping. her way through the Liza Minelli role in musical 'Cabaret," it was pretty bad.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Anthony Cotton (Sean from Corrie) is awful. I watched Corrie last night and was thinking how the hell is he still in the program 😂
I don’t watch it but I know his name as he’s supposed to be terrible to work with. He must have dirt on someone big!

Reactions: 6
I can't believe we've got to #41 posts and no one has said Dev from Corrie 😂
Dev from Corrie is a legend. He should have the whole show based on him and bring in more comedy relatives, like his uncles from 20 years ago (anyone remember them?)

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Andie in Cuckoo was almost bad enough to make me not watch that series. One of the worst acting performances I've ever seen.
Cuckoo used to be great until she joined. I actually looked up the writers because I was convinced that the latest season had different writers due to how awful it was. Although no writing could have saved Andie. She really was awful.

Sarah Harding in Corrie. Bragged she didn't need to audition because of who she was but then the role got scrapped after a few episodes because of the criticism she faced online 🤣 people complain about pop stars like Kym Marsh and Shane Ward joining Corrie but they would win an Oscar compared to Sarah 🤣

Reactions: 2
Jennifer Anniston - plays the same role in every film I’ve watched of hers! Although I thought she was good in The Morning Show.

All soap actors 🤭

Reactions: 2
Charlie Fairhead from Casualty is the worst actor in the entire earth. What a pile of tit. This man walks around like he is at home in his slippers wondering what to have for lunch. I don’t understand how I am the only one who has noticed he is not acting. He is just saying the words and I think we are being played.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Charlie Fairhead from Casualty is the worst actor in the entire earth. What a pile of tit. This man walks around like he is at home in his slippers wondering what to have for lunch. I don’t understand how I am the only one who has noticed he is not acting. He is just saying the words and I think we are being played.
I think the actor who plays Dylan is bad!

Reactions: 3
Blake Lively. She mumbles her lines so badly, I have to put subtitles on. She just makes me cringe, it’s like you can see her acting if you know what I mean?

Kristen Stewart does the same weird kind of headshake/confusion thing for every single character. Can’t wait to see if she does it when playing Princess Diana, too.

To balance out the sexes here, I genuinely think about 70% of the biggest male hollywood stars can’t really act. They either do a character which they do for every single movie, or they just play themselves.

Reactions: 8
Faye in Coronation Street would make a bad extra, never mind a main character. Atrocious.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Does anyone else think Margot Robbie is massively overrated as an actress? I mean I think she’s so beautiful but for me she over acts in every film 😩
I still associate her with Neighbours. Who can forget designer Donna's 'shrugalero'? 🤣

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
Emma Watson. Decent child actress but awful as a grown woman.

I have a real issue with bad movie accents, it’s a real bugbear of mine. Anytime Gerry Butler tries another accent that’s not
Scottish just sounds terrible. Jason Statham for the same reasons.

Reactions: 15
I think the actor who plays Dylan is bad!
Ah I love his character and think the actor is brilliant at playing the type of character Dylan’s meant/&described to be. I’m autistic and have always thought his character is very very autistic-coded.

Reactions: 1