Worst actors/actresses you've ever seen?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Tracy Barlow (whoever plays her) bad bad
Also Rosie Webster. Horrific acting

Reactions: 3
Possibly a bit controversial but I find a lot of the This Is England actors very hit and miss. Some of it comes off very stage school - however I know they're directed in a very specific way so could be that.

Reactions: 1
I haven't watched Scandal but they did a HTGAWM/Scandal episode crossover and Kerry Washington was in it obviously as Olivia Pope. I found her terrible! She is so popular but I thought all her expressions and line delivery were super over the top.
I watched all of Scandal and can confirm she is atrocious. It’s like she tries to put too much sass in to every sentence and it’s just too much.

I watched a film called American Son a few years ago which she starred in, somehow her acting was even worse. I believe it got an Emmy nomination...

Another nomination for Emma Watson. I agree, decent as a child but absolutely atrocious as an adult. I think she’s an admirable and intelligent person irl but I was glad to see she recently retired from acting.
A friend of mine who has been a leading west end musical star went for the role of Belle and got very far into the audition process. She’s an amazing singer and actress so it didn’t surprise me how annoyed she was to lose out to Emma who can’t do either. That auto tuned singing ... 😬😬

Reactions: 8
Speaking of accents - Anne Hathaway in One Day 😱😱😱

Anne Hathaway ruined One Day for me!! It’s one of my favourite books, Dexter they got spot on with Jim Sturgess - exactly how I imagined him. But not Emma with Anne Hathaway! I still think to this day, there must have been a reasonably well known British actress they could have chosen who’d have done better.

Reactions: 4
I really didn't like Hannah Ware in The One. Seemed like she was aiming for cold and menacing but just came off as completely wooden.

Not sure if anyone watches it, but some of the Vampire Diaries cast. Horrific. Particularly that Claire Holt. Awful.

Hollyoaks cast and Rosie Webster

Shay Mitchell who was a regular on Pretty Little Liars was god awful. She has appeared on a couple of other shows I’ve liked recently - You and Dollface. I wish she would retire!

I haven't watched Scandal but they did a HTGAWM/Scandal episode crossover and Kerry Washington was in it obviously as Olivia Pope. I found her terrible! She is so popular but I thought all her expressions and line delivery were super over the top.

All the acting in Twilight makes me cringe but the actors themselves are all fine, its literally just those movies.
God I couldn’t watch Scandal because of Washington! She’s TERRIBLE! Not sure if it’s just her acting or the insanely flawed character everyone seemed to be fawning over! Bizarre
---
I love Olivia Colman in most things, I think she’s great, but her accent in Broadchurch was horrible. I can’t believe they didn’t reshoot it all in her normal voice when they realised she couldn’t do it.

Speaking of accents - Anne Hathaway in One Day 😱😱😱

ETA: I’m not calling the West Country accent horrible. It’s just that she couldn’t do it properly and it wandered about 200 miles
I loved Broadchurch, Coleman’s acting was great in that, but her accent not so much! She’s was a powerhouse in certain roles, but I wish she wouldn’t get cast in anything that requires the character to be posh or with an accent! It’s completely out of her wheelhouse!

Last edited: