Words you can't stand

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Fag, I find this a very weird thing Brits say. Just no
Knickers, again weirdly British
bleep, even my ears blush
floppy, it's not
engorged, so gross
vagina/vaginal - ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
mummy, said by grownups to their mums
daddy, said by women to their partners :sick:

I'm sure I'll think of more

• Sick
Reactions: 3
Describing stuff as super. "I was super excited..." "I am super proud..."
The overuse of like and literally "I was like.." "he was like..." "I was literally..." "It was literally..."
Piss off and learn some new words.
OMG! I was saying this yesterday to someone. People where I live and it's mostly twenty something's, using the word literally for every other word and it's so f****** irritating!!! 😵😖😤 99% of the time they are using it wrong too.

Reactions: 2
Soufflé
Flange
‘Noice’

Vulva 🥴🥴

and any sort of word relating to the female anatomy tbh.. must be some sort of weird internalised misogyny 😄

vulva, vagina, urethra, uterus, clitoris, labia, womb ..they all make me feel violated and wanna squeeze my legs together 😂
And I’ve had a baby.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 5
Nom nom
Preggo
Baby daddy

Just thought of some more!

totes
cheeky (as in let’s go for a cheeky ….)
Fantabulous

Reactions: 4
Im not sure if this counts as its not a real word, but It drives me mad when people say ‘Skellington’ instead of skeleton.

• Heart
Im not sure if this counts as its not a real word, but It drives me mad when people say ‘Skellington’ instead of skeleton.
even worse when they genuinely believe that "skellington" actually IS a real word and a valid variation of the word "skeleton". 🙄🙄

Reactions: 3
Irish slang I hate:
(me) moth - Dublin slang for GF, pronounced "me maww-t"
Savage - Amazing, great ect
Ride/riding - sex
Shift/getting the shift - kissing
Moldy - Pronounced "m-owl-dy", means sloppy/messy drunk

Also I hate things that sound overly British like poorly (as in "my son is feeling a bit poorly"), cheeky nandos, picky bits, mum/mummy

Choccie / Chocky instead of chocolate.
always same type of person.
i don't know why, but this reminded me how much i hate when people use the word "crimbo" instead of Christmas. 🤢

same with the term "twixmas" to refer to the period between christmas and new year. just no. 🤦🏻‍♀️