Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

nicalibres

VIP Member
Tummy
Yummy
Hubby
Mumsy
Awesome
Sumptuous
Scrumptious
Unctuous
Delicious
Empower
Amplify
Penis
Front bum
Treat

Special mention to a former workmate who used to say ‘nummies’ when talking about her toddler eating fruit and veg, like ‘I need to make sure wee Jayden eats his nummies’. Fucking boak 🤮

• Haha
Reactions: 5

Mamacita

VIP Member
I have an irrational dislike of sandwich and roll related words that are not sandwich or roll:

Bap
Butty
Sarnie
Piece

Reactions: 4

AliceInWanderLost

VIP Member
Choccie / Chocky instead of chocolate.
always same type of person.
i don't know why, but this reminded me how much i hate when people use the word "crimbo" instead of Christmas. 🤢

same with the term "twixmas" to refer to the period between christmas and new year. just no. 🤦🏻‍♀️

EnoughAlready

VIP Member
Winningest. “having achieved the most success in competition.
"the winningest coach in pro-football history" It just sounds like a made up word.

• Sick

SirRoderickGossip

Burp;
pussy;
panties;
food baby;
awesome;
minging / minger;
bro;
gotten;
cis.

Bloody hell, I'm shuddering just writing them! 😂

Insta$hite

totally relate to your dislike of the word "poorly" - it sounds so infantile to hear an adult use "poorly" to describe how they are feeling!

in terms of "sick" though, it's interesting as to whether that is more about where you live. I'm in the UK, and i would be more likely to use the terms "not feeling well" or "ill" to refer to a general illness - things that other people would refer to as being "poorly" - whereas if someone is "sick", or used the phrase "i feel/i'm feeling sick" it would refer more to actual nausea/vomiting. obvs i know what "sick" means and that it can be used more generally - but i kinda feel like that us led to be more of an American term. 🤷🏻‍♂️

*this isn't me nitpicking or criticising in any way, I genuinely find it interesting that people use different words in different countries and/or regions to mean the same thing! 😅
I totally get you...I'd also say " I'm not well" or "not feeling well"...I'm in Ireland. 😀
Another Irish way to say it would be "I'm banjaxed" or "I'm in bits"...i also find it funny and fascinating how we all use different words for the same thing!
The word poorly just gives me the absolute ICK!!
---
I know what you mean though I tend to use sick more often. I don't know why but when I say 'ill' it sounds to me like I have some serious illness, not just a standard cold 🤣
Yep!!

EllenDeGenerate

Chatty Member
I saw a hair product ad on tv tonight. PTSD has made me forget the brand. The voiceover distinctly said ‘smoothening’. Bloody SMOOTHENING!!!!

What is the world coming to? Tsk!!! I might combust
I know! But I hate even more, the one that claims to give your hair a 'shot of hyaluronic acid '. 🙄

FakeSmile

VIP Member
Moist
phlegm (feel sick even typing it)
Discharge
Mucus/snot
Yummy
Delicious (when used to describe anything othe than food)
Puss
Secreted
Whore/slut/hag

As you can see there is a bit of a theme here with some. I could never work in the medical field!
Ah yes discharge must be one of my worst :sick:

Sketchy

VIP Member
Can we add phrases? Oh good, ta. Fuck off to these two for a start:

Going forward :mad:

Reached out :mad:

• Haha

bunnyboo

VIP Member
Irish slang I hate:
(me) moth - Dublin slang for GF, pronounced "me maww-t"
Savage - Amazing, great ect
Ride/riding - sex
Shift/getting the shift - kissing
Moldy - Pronounced "m-owl-dy", means sloppy/messy drunk

Also I hate things that sound overly British like poorly (as in "my son is feeling a bit poorly"), cheeky nandos, picky bits, mum/mummy