Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Jersey Girl

VIP Member
Kiddies
And any word where they replace C and S with K and Z - think Kidz Korner, Krazy Kutz - usually an attempt to have a snappy shop name .

Reactions: 8

Funny_bunny

Panties. Makes me think of some creepy pervert
Pal. Usually used by some random man I don’t even know.
I also have a totally irrational loathing of the word “siblings”. I just hate the sound of it, makes me think of nibbling. 🤷🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 7

Mamacita

VIP Member
When people use the C word. It shocks me how frequently it’s used on here. It will never not shock me when I see it, and I find it deeply offensive that anyone can use part of a woman’s anatomy as nothing more than a casual insult.
But people also use parts of men's anatomy as insults. Dick, prick lol.

There are also gender neutral ones like arsehole 😅

• Haha

nycinthesun

Also I hate when couples call each other baby. A baby is a tiny human not a grown ass adult
I don't care what couples call each other in private, but it is cringeworthy when they do this in a conversational setting in front of people, or when they refer to each other as "babe/baby" on social media. Like "when babe makes you breakfast :love:"

:sick:

• Sick

AliceInWanderLost

VIP Member
Poorly.

So you're sick, right ? :rolleyes:
totally relate to your dislike of the word "poorly" - it sounds so infantile to hear an adult use "poorly" to describe how they are feeling!

in terms of "sick" though, it's interesting as to whether that is more about where you live. I'm in the UK, and i would be more likely to use the terms "not feeling well" or "ill" to refer to a general illness - things that other people would refer to as being "poorly" - whereas if someone is "sick", or used the phrase "i feel/i'm feeling sick" it would refer more to actual nausea/vomiting. obvs i know what "sick" means and that it can be used more generally - but i kinda feel like that us led to be more of an American term. 🤷🏻‍♂️

*this isn't me nitpicking or criticising in any way, I genuinely find it interesting that people use different words in different countries and/or regions to mean the same thing! 😅

• Heart

Madeleine Wool

Queasy - if I mention I'm feeling ill and someone uses the word it makes me feel so much worse. It gives me a mental image of lard with greasy droplets on it for some reason...

Spenny/ spendy for expensive. Fuck off.
Dessert.
The phrase 'eating apple' to differentiate from a cooking apple.
Doggy bag! Just call it a box, that's what it will be!

I don't have a problem with moist though.

LITERALLY
Panties
"Cope" - either the trendy internet use to mean something like "in denial", or talk about "coping strategies / coping mechanisms" which were frequently brought up when I was being treated for an eating disorder
Pussy
"Eggless" - sneering misogynistic insult aimed at supposedly menopausal women (I say supposedly because this often comes from people who think the menopause happens at like 30 or 35 years of age)
Bachelorette
Referring to a woman's female friends as "girlfriends." I find this both patronising (we don't call a man's male friends his boyfriends) and confusing, since I'm bisexual and have many bi or lesbian friends
Spenny/spendy
"Jammy" in any sense of the term (can be used to mean lucky, or as a synonym for sticky - Sali Hughes frequently complains about "jammy lip gloss" which annoys the hell out of me)

• Haha

Hollie Day

VIP Member
'Guys' ....when people use it to address a group of people whether it be men, women, children or a mixed group. Its cringe level 5 for me.

Wills315

VIP Member
Heard a woman describe her sister in law as a bum, you’re an adult just call her an arse ffs 🤦‍♀️

The phrase “kind of day”, this guy on my FB with the worst patter uses it a lot, like “it’s a new car kind of day” and “family wedding kind of day” I want to punch him square in the face.
Omg this. There is a girl who puts everything on Facebook, the most pointless mundane things. She's also in her 30s and spells like she's still on bebo. "straight hair kinda day" or whatever she is having for dinner "tuna pasta kinda day , fish and veg kinda day" or she will name of her entire outfit "Nike leggings, denim jacket kinda day" its non stop 😂

• Haha