Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Mamacita

VIP Member
This is mainly a Valleys thing - bard as in ill.... you are NOT fucking Shakespeare my friend... you are merely a little bit ill with a cold or idleitis.

My teenage kids are coming up with a plethora of 'words' at present - it irks me as they are both intelligent kids but this phase of miswording actually has me wishing them physical harm 🤪 🤣

Ate - You ate that - not eating but excelling at something?!?
Mewing - You're mewing - along with some weird jaw stroking thing - No bloody idea what this one means, even they can't articulate it to me. So its bollocks.
Slay - You're slaying - again, excelling at something

There are many others but I'll end up in a mini dad rage.
Mewing is a technique in which you keep your tongue on the roof of your mouth and it's meant to change shape of the jaw to make it more defined. Sounds like kids are using it as some kind of a meme without actually understanding where it came from though?

Reactions: 1

Mamacita

VIP Member
totally relate to your dislike of the word "poorly" - it sounds so infantile to hear an adult use "poorly" to describe how they are feeling!

in terms of "sick" though, it's interesting as to whether that is more about where you live. I'm in the UK, and i would be more likely to use the terms "not feeling well" or "ill" to refer to a general illness - things that other people would refer to as being "poorly" - whereas if someone is "sick", or used the phrase "i feel/i'm feeling sick" it would refer more to actual nausea/vomiting. obvs i know what "sick" means and that it can be used more generally - but i kinda feel like that us led to be more of an American term. 🤷🏻‍♂️

*this isn't me nitpicking or criticising in any way, I genuinely find it interesting that people use different words in different countries and/or regions to mean the same thing! 😅
I know what you mean though I tend to use sick more often. I don't know why but when I say 'ill' it sounds to me like I have some serious illness, not just a standard cold 🤣

Mumz2010

I hate the word sprout as in something sprouted. I don’t mind the vegetable.

The word pluke for a spot 🤢 or pimple 🤢

SirRoderickGossip

Just curious....what would you say instead of "burp"?

I don't mind burp, minging and minger but yeah, I'm in complete agreement with the rest....especially awesome. 🤬
I say belch. Don't know what it is about 'burp' but it makes me queasy! 😂

• Haha

RhiannonR

Literally… because people use it to mean figuratively.
Same, I can’t stand the overuse of the word literally. I’m literally round the corner, I’ve literally just got back etc
---
When people end a sentence with “to be fair”

Piff paff puff

VIP Member
Politicians favourite and most overused weird ever ROBUST 🤬
Such limited vocab. I thought they were supposed to be academic? They must know other words????
Fucking robots.

Wills315

VIP Member
OK, here we go.
I hate when people say 'hun' like 'hey hun'
Tummy - I cringe when I hear adults say tummy. Even when my kids say 'my tummy hurts' I'm like 'oh your stomach is hurting is it'

I hate the words penis and vagina. Just sounds horrible 🤣

My nan calls a fart a 'bottom burp' Makes me cringe, just call it a fart!
Yes to the stomach thing, don't even wanna type the other word 😂