Women's health.

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
update - got my appointment through the post today! worrying over nothing as per usual. it's for monday which is quite quick so i think i got lucky with a cancellation. it also said they'll do a normal pelvis ultrasound first too so i've probably stressed over the internal scan for no reason as well 🥴
Based on experience I found that an abdominal scan was the normal over the tummy one and the pelvis one was internal🤔

Reactions: 1
Based on experience I found that an abdominal scan was the normal over the tummy one and the pelvis one was internal🤔
i thought the same so the letter confused me tbh. big bold instructions for a full bladder though - don't want to cross them while they're wielding that probe ... 😬

i thought the same so the letter confused me tbh. big bold instructions for a full bladder though - don't want to cross them while they're wielding that probe ... 😬
Yes so I go in with a full bladder and they do the abdominal first and then they allow you to go to the toilet before the internal🤔 I’ve had 2x ultrasounds but I was told the internal was optional at my last appointment and asked if I wanted it! The one before didn’t seem like there was an option so I guess it differs!

completely forgot to update and say thank you for all the advice re. internal scan! went almost two weeks ago now but they refuse internals if not sexually active - assuming this is a trust by trust policy but idk. they did the normal scan with full bladder which took two goes bc i guess i needed more than two pints. said there wasn't much to see but that i did have a tilted uterus which made things harder. i have a long term medical review with the gp next week so will see if they have had a look / what they think!

Reactions: 2
Hi ladies, so glad to have found this thread. I had a smear test a few months ago and it came back that I had HPV and abnormal cells. So I went for a colposcopy in June, I’ve just received a letter to say I have CIN2 cells and need a LLETZ or a cold coagulation it doesn’t say which.

has anyone had these procedures before? Are they prety ok?My appointment is in September,and I get married a month later. What are the chances I’ll be healed enough to be able to go swimming / have sex etc.

my letter says avoid these things for at least two weeks but I’m having this done in Ireland, I know the NHS are normally more cautious so wanted to hear other peoples thought.

Of course, ideally I don’t want to cancel but I’ve paid a Lot of money for this wedding and I want to feel and be 100%!

• Heart
Hi ladies, so glad to have found this thread. I had a smear test a few months ago and it came back that I had HPV and abnormal cells. So I went for a colposcopy in June, I’ve just received a letter to say I have CIN2 cells and need a LLETZ or a cold coagulation it doesn’t say which.

has anyone had these procedures before? Are they prety ok?My appointment is in September,and I get married a month later. What are the chances I’ll be healed enough to be able to go swimming / have sex etc.

my letter says avoid these things for at least two weeks but I’m having this done in Ireland, I know the NHS are normally more cautious so wanted to hear other peoples thought.

Of course, ideally I don’t want to cancel but I’ve paid a Lot of money for this wedding and I want to feel and be 100%!
I’ve had LLETZ (also known as LEEP). Same situation as yourself, had CIN2 abnormal cells and HPV. It was ok, a bit uncomfortable but not painful. Had some cramping afterwards which I expected and was no worse than period pains. However.. the smell. I’m not sure if everyone experiences this or just some people by my god there is a horrendous smelling discharge that happens due to the procedure. I’d say it took a good 3 weeks for me to go ‘back to normal’ again but I’m sure this will differ for everyone. Luckily I worked from home at the time so didn’t need to be around people, but the smell really is terrible.

I have a long history with smears and abnormal cells though with my first being at 20 (when Scotland lowered the age for a while) and being on 3 month, 6 month and yearly recalls since. Thankfully after the LLETZ procedure I got the all clear and don’t need to have another one for 5 years when I’ll be in my mid 30s. I’d endure that smell all over again than risk it becoming anything worse. I think you’ll be ok after a month.

I’ve had LLETZ (also known as LEEP). Same situation as yourself, had CIN2 abnormal cells and HPV. It was ok, a bit uncomfortable but not painful. Had some cramping afterwards which I expected and was no worse than period pains. However.. the smell. I’m not sure if everyone experiences this or just some people by my god there is a horrendous smelling discharge that happens due to the procedure. I’d say it took a good 3 weeks for me to go ‘back to normal’ again but I’m sure this will differ for everyone. Luckily I worked from home at the time so didn’t need to be around people, but the smell really is terrible.

I have a long history with smears and abnormal cells though with my first being at 20 (when Scotland lowered the age for a while) and being on 3 month, 6 month and yearly recalls since. Thankfully after the LLETZ procedure I got the all clear and don’t need to have another one for 5 years when I’ll be in my mid 30s. I’d endure that smell all over again than risk it becoming anything worse. I think you’ll be ok after a month.
Thank you so much for this, it does make me feel better. Except that I’ve my first dress fitting two days later - I don’t want to be smelly for it 🤣🤣. I’ve recently moved to the UK and will be going home to Ireland for dress fittings and for the procedure so I can’t actually rearrange the dress fitting.
I’m scared to leave it though, as we’ve two honeymoons planned, a mini moon for directly after then we have November and then travelling for the month of December so I’d have to rearrange for the new year. 6 months after the colposcopy and 9 months after the smear.

i know deep down this is more important but the chances are it’s probably nothing and I feel like it’s going to disrupt what I’ve had planned for the last two years, and spent a small fortune on 😭😭. (I do realise I’m probably being a spoilt brat)

Thank you so much for this, it does make me feel better. Except that I’ve my first dress fitting two days later - I don’t want to be smelly for it 🤣🤣. I’ve recently moved to the UK and will be going home to Ireland for dress fittings and for the procedure so I can’t actually rearrange the dress fitting.
I’m scared to leave it though, as we’ve two honeymoons planned, a mini moon for directly after then we have November and then travelling for the month of December so I’d have to rearrange for the new year. 6 months after the colposcopy and 9 months after the smear.

i know deep down this is more important but the chances are it’s probably nothing and I feel like it’s going to disrupt what I’ve had planned for the last two years, and spent a small fortune on 😭😭. (I do realise I’m probably being a spoilt brat)
Don’t worry, mine was delayed due to covid and I think it was almost a year by the time they got around to getting me in for the procedure. They’ve caught it early enough at CIN2 that delaying it a bit should be fine. I’m obviously no professional though, just speaking from experience! Without being too graphic, the smell really is terrible and I didn’t even want to nip to Tesco never mind try on wedding dresses and get married! No judgement here, just do whatever feels right for you☺

• Heart

You are absolutely NOT being a spoilt brat! You have every right to feel disappointed and upset at having to juggle so much around such an important date. It's good that you are getting more information so that you can properly plan and prepare. I think that you are right that it's best not to postpone it but hopefully it won't interfere with your plans too much. Good luck and hope that you have a wonderful wedding and honeymoon 😊 ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 3
@pommynoir have you asked a medical professional about the safety of delaying it? Obviously it’s best to get it treated asap but my understanding is that cervical cancer grows very slowly. Speaking to a professional they’ll tell you straight if it’s okay to risk it or not. Your wedding is a huge and expensive event, it’s not silly that you want to enjoy that and not have the horrid side effects ruin this special time in your life!

Reactions: 4
@pommynoir have you asked a medical professional about the safety of delaying it? Obviously it’s best to get it treated asap but my understanding is that cervical cancer grows very slowly. Speaking to a professional they’ll tell you straight if it’s okay to risk it or not. Your wedding is a huge and expensive event, it’s not silly that you want to enjoy that and not have the horrid side effects ruin this special time in your life!
Not yet, I just got the letter yesterday as my old neighbour text to say a letter had came from the hospital. I will call them, but there was a big cervical smear scandal a couple of years ago where women died due to being given the wrong results etc so I feel like they will say to go ahead with it.

the problem is if I smell as bad as mentioned here and Google there’s no way I can have my dress altered and have someone with their head Infront of my crotch 🤣🤣.

i will give them a call tomorrow and see what they say. Thank you all so so much!

• Heart
I am a colposcopy secretary and we have a bit in our standard letters that says if you have anything special like a holiday or a wedding let us know and we will delay the treatment, so yes I’d say it’s fine to do that :)

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I am a colposcopy secretary and we have a bit in our standard letters that says if you have anything special like a holiday or a wedding let us know and we will delay the treatment, so yes I’d say it’s fine to do that :)
Yeah mine says if you’re going on holiday in four weeks, so maybe I’ll explain. Wedding in four weeks then honeymoon is 6 weeks later. But then it’s actually delaying it until the new year as I won’t be back by then which seems so bad to me!

i guess I could cancel the honeymoon as we won’t lose anything, just the worst as my fiancé has to take the majority of December off unpaid so was great time for the honeymoon. We can always go bigger and better the following year 🤞🏽🤞🏽🤞🏽

Was meant to have my smear on Monday but they cancelled it last minute due to staff sickness, i have rebooked it for the end of this month. How long does it currently take to get results back?

Very worried as sex has become painful and I keep spotting, I’m on the pill so I rarely have periods at all. It’s been happening every other day for 3 weeks now and I’ve thought the worst :( had a telephone GP appointment earlier and she wasn’t helpful and told me off for not having my smear done sooner! I only received my letter a month ago and I just feel like her moaning was unnecessary

• Sad
Did you get seen? I was really lucky, I rang for an app on Friday and was seen today!!

Glad it’s all done, just waiting on results now. She said there’s a delay and results are taking 6-8 weeks now, not sure if that’s everywhere though!

Did you get seen? I was really lucky, I rang for an app on Friday and was seen today!!

Glad it’s all done, just waiting on results now. She said there’s a delay and results are taking 6-8 weeks now, not sure if that’s everywhere though!
It is where I am, south west England. Try not to worry, worrying won’t change the outcome either way :)

• Heart
I have a leep at 9am tomorrow after 3 x HPV + smears and a colposcopy which showed ungraded CIN whatever that means. Can’t sleep 😓

• Heart
  • Sad
Not very pleasant but over with quickly! Fingers crossed for nothing further needed down the line. Thank you for asking x

• Heart
Sorry to resurrect an old thread but I wondered if anyone had had an aspiration biopsy before? I've done a lot of research and 99% of people say biopsies are awful. However most don't say which kind of biopsy it was as there is also hysteroscopy biopsy which is the more intensive option. Difference here: https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/womb-cancer/getting-diagnosed/tests-diagnose/biopsy I mentioned to my GP that I wasn't keen on biopsy and she said how it wasn't horrible or invasive (I beg to differ) and that it was just a straw to suck up some cells. Has anyone had an aspiration biopsy and can advise on what it was like?