Womanhood and injustices against women

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just read this article and I’m not sure what I think about the whole situation but it does give a totally different side to the event. I can understand why a lone woman in an unfamiliar area would feel threatened by a man telling her to leave and then saying ‘If you're going to do what you want, I'm going to do what I want, but you're not going to like it.’ Heck, if a man said that to me in my own house I’d feel scared. Also the woman has experienced sexual assault before I can again understand why she would be extremely on edge.

Because this happened during the Black Lives Matter campaign, tensions were heightened. There was a sort of madness in the air. Not just racial tensions, pandemic tensions. I am not saying BLM was a madness, just that people were behaving irrationally. If that happened now I doubt it would make the news. But then it was all Karen this, Karen that. Take the knee, they are not taking the knee. It was relentless. Everyone has to pick a side, there is no nuance anymore, and that unfortunately seems to still be the case, it is just that the “cause” moves on. You see it now with the Gaza/Israel issue. It’s not enough to say you feel for all people caught up in this complex situation, you have to come down hard on one side. And unfortunately it will always be like that now. Social media has seen to that. And now all the AI deep fake stuff will be used to inflame already inflamed situations - not just wars but neighbourhoods versus neighbourhoods.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I really hate how the "Karen" trope has been used to brand any woman demanding her money's worth, or even being a bit bumptious in a supermarket, as some sort of homicidal racist.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 30
People say believe women but they always throw in a subtle dig.
Believe women but was she drinking?
What was she wearing?
Did she say no?
Was she alone?
Was she travelling alone?
Was she travelling abroad?
Did she let her guard down?
Now I’m seeing people on here, online saying that they don’t believe that women were raped in the October 7th Hamas attack even though there is witness accounts, there is accounts from first responders and hell there is even a photo of a dead woman with no underwear and blood over he vagina.
It feels like another subtle dig is believe women unless they are Israeli and Jews.
And this rhetoric and mindset is what helps diminish the stories and voices of women and girls who speak out against rape. But it’s currently socially acceptable to say these things.
It’s like no matter where you’re raped - be it at home, on holiday, in the street, in a war zone, people will do the upmost to discredit you and not believe you.

Reactions: 19
Something else with rape is that if it's reported at the time, it's obviously made up for attention. But then if it's mentioned years later, it should have been reported at the time, why is it being mentioned now when there's conveniently no evidence, it's obviously being made up for attention. Thankfully have no personal experience but I've read a couple of articles recently where women have been penalised for not having reported their rapes at the time, and there's absolutely no consideration for how hard it is to report or speak about, whether at the time or years later. We just can't win. And then when you look at the stats of how few that are reported actually make it to trial or conviction... and yet STILL people don't believe those women who manage to report it.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Something else with rape is that if it's reported at the time, it's obviously made up for attention. But then if it's mentioned years later, it should have been reported at the time, why is it being mentioned now when there's conveniently no evidence, it's obviously being made up for attention. Thankfully have no personal experience but I've read a couple of articles recently where women have been penalised for not having reported their rapes at the time, and there's absolutely no consideration for how hard it is to report or speak about, whether at the time or years later. We just can't win. And then when you look at the stats of how few that are reported actually make it to trial or conviction... and yet STILL people don't believe those women who manage to report it.
There just seems to be all these markers people throw out so they can discredit women reporting rape.

Reactions: 9
That is horrendous. If the accused has had therapy, are those notes examined too?
It is diabolical that a rapist is allowed to read the victims therapy notes.

Reactions: 8
With this coming on the day that Ashling Murphy's stalker/murderer was sentenced, women in Ireland must be horrified at realising just how little they matter. Having victim's therapy notes made available to their attacker is horrifying, and a total abuse of the justice system. Still, I don't know why we're surprised, it's just another weapon for rapists to use to discredit their victims, as though picking over their sex life, phone records and medical history isn't enough 🤬

• Angry
Reactions: 13

Saw this on instagram and was so shocked! This is so unfair.
This has been the case for years unfortunately. I’m a student therapist and it’s very easy to work around. It’s quite easy to have your notes and then use them to create your official notes which effectively have short hand or random words that only you would understand. They are basically useless then.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
This woman is a menace but her hot takes crack me up.
I don’t take them seriously because, well, I have a brain but sadly I know some people do.
IMG_4071.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
Hannah Pearl Davis is nuts. She is like a turkey who votes for Christmas. She doesn't believe women should have the right to vote and wants to ban divorce. Basically she believes everything terrible a man does is because a woman made him do it.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 17
Just googled Hanna pearl Davis. She must really hate herself. She probably thinks men love her, but they are just laughing at her.

Reactions: 5
Just googled Hanna pearl Davis. She must really hate herself. She probably thinks men love her, but they are just laughing at her.
They do laugh at her because she’s a hypocrite. She admits to one night stands/casual dating, prefers Black men, and is still single with no kids in her late 20s. Nothing wrong with any of that but the online “manosphere” hates it

That’s the inherent contradiction with pretty much all these online tradwife types. They all say women shouldn’t do paid work or have careers yet they have their own money (Pearl is from a very wealthy family) and/or are earning money as influencers and have online marketing skills

Reactions: 4
Ah yes, being single. That well known defence from morons, rapists and murderers 🤡🤡🤡

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Woman makes a post with a valid concern about not wanting to walk alone in the dark in a health club. Guess what gender the unhelpful comments are from…
Trouble is it’s mainly men making leadership decisions about lighting etc I imagine
It grinds my gears how bad the street lighting is round my way. Think they've made a change for sustainability reasons, but the lighting now doesn't do its actual job of making it so you can see the path! Surely people not feeling like they're gonna get attacked and people being able to not trip over must trump eco policies!

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Ah yes, being single. That well known defence from morons, rapists and murderers 🤡🤡🤡
It's because there is such a widespread perception that men have a "right" to sex and it's a basic need that they physically can't live without - like air, water, etc. This is actually used in the legal system in many countries. If you're in the UK you may remember a case a few years ago in which a judge ruled that an autistic man who can't understand consent had a "fundamental right to sex" and should be given access to women, despite him being judged as a high risk for sex offences. (That was thankfully later overturned on appeal.) In Canada there was the Marylene Levesque case where a prostitute was murdered by a newly released offender whose parole conditions allowed him to go to brothels for the sake of his "sexual needs."

And this is all despite the fact that statistically a high number of sex offenders are married or in relationships. They're not poor sad lonely men who can't get a girlfriend - and even if they were, they still would not have a right to a woman's body

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 20