William and Kate

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
They need to update this uniform and bring it into the 21st century. No offence but you can see the shape of a brassiere under it, does it even have a lining.

First up they need to make it darker, so stains and paint stained bebe fingers dont leave a mark. Have a winter uniform which is made of sturdy wool. A summer one which is made of cotton or linen. Also need to be more flexible and have a choice which can be trousers or shorts - all the female uniforms seem to be dresses. Interestingly the college that trains them has some male nannies, and they all wear a tie and jacket, and look much better than the female students.

I get that some wives may want the nanny to looks as frowsy and frumpy as possible, but if your husband is the type to get turned on by sturdy shoes and brown tights, he may very well fancy the nanny no matter what she looks like!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
Sure, one can consider that, but if that were the case she'd have been in uniform at Eug's wedding and at trooping.
Crucially at trooping she isn't even seen in public except for pics at BP windows with the kids.
Even with the Cambs in the car, eg on the way to Xmas lunch at BP, she's also not in uniform.

No reason here to "blend in", why at a Midd wedding she is in uniform but at a royal wedding she's in normal wedding guest clothes?
She's working in the same capacity at both occasions and a royal wedding commands a much stricter dress protocol than a regular citizen's, if she had to wear her uniform, it'd have been for Eug's wedding.
I wish I hadn't commented on this 😬, because I don't care whether someone I don't know wears a uniform at places I've never been, with people I don't know sometimes, but not every time. Sorry for misleading everyone! 😂

Reactions: 1
Can someone please clarify what is is that women are supposed to be doing in 2021 to ensure complete strangers do not consider them lazy? I had thought that, at least in the Western world, the tide was turning enough for them to be able to concentrate on being mums or be allowed to enjoy making a home and basically make their own choices, without being called lazy and a failure. But somehow I seem to have gone into a parallel universe where it is still 1950 and women are expected to do what they are told to do, except it's mostly other women who are both condemning and making decisions for them. It's incredibly sad.

Kate comes from a close knit family and has made no secret of wanting a happy family of her own. She seems to be a good mum, is one of the most popular royals and is sticking it out, despite years of abuse from the public. Arguably she's done a better job than Harry in terms of her royal role. Yes there were the short dresses and the wind, which I thought was awful and unnecessary. But she's learning and is a safe pair of hands, which frankly is what most people both within the RF and beyond want.
I couldn’t agree with you more!
The Kate bashing on this thread is awful. I think the Queen hugely struggled at the beginning with the burden placed on her and not being able to enjoy time with her husband and young children. I don’t think she wants that for her grandchildren so for William and Kate at the moment whilst their children are young, the focus is rightly on their family. When William is King, they will no longer have that choice but for now they do.
They still work hard as royals, they come across as extremely empathetic to me & kind and caring. They also seem happy as individuals and as a couple.

• Haha
Reactions: 24
"We are very much not a racist family" William was filmed saying this in response to a question from a reporter. And that he hadn't spoken to his brother yet "but will be" (sounded a bit like a threat to me).

I am sure he hates the fact that his own brother prompted journalists to ask these questions

Reactions: 12
I
They need to update this uniform and bring it into the 21st century. No offence but you can see the shape of a brassiere under it, does it even have a lining.

First up they need to make it darker, so stains and paint stained bebe fingers dont leave a mark. Have a winter uniform which is made of sturdy wool. A summer one which is made of cotton or linen. Also need to be more flexible and have a choice which can be trousers or shorts - all the female uniforms seem to be dresses. Interestingly the college that trains them has some male nannies, and they all wear a tie and jacket, and look much better than the female students.

I get that some wives may want the nanny to looks as frowsy and frumpy as possible, but if your husband is the type to get turned on by sturdy shoes and brown tights, he may very well fancy the nanny no matter what she looks like!

If you want to shag the nanny you are probably more interested in what shesclike out of the u inform, or probably you couldnt care less, you just want to shag the nanny :D

• Haha
Reactions: 6
It's shameful that William didn't express empathy for his brother and instead went straight into defensive mode.

The problem with that statement from teH qUeEn is that she has presumed to speak for the whole family. They are not a single unit, except when defending pedophiles. By making a statement that says recollections may vary they want to hide their hands and say they "misremember" when obviously there's not two ways to interpret a statement that enquires about your unborn child's skin colour.

People have said it is likely Prince Charles who made the statement, but I am sure it could also have been William. I'd have expect him to deny it was him or Kate but he hasn't. This truly disgusting family is exactly like the mafia. They will defend the most vile behaviour of their members as long as it fits their narrative.

Didn't Princess Anne wear a black head on a brooch when she met Meghan for the first time?

Reactions: 11
Didn't Princess Anne wear a black head on a brooch when she met Meghan for the first time?
No. If I don't know something I google it. It's easier than other people having to keep answering and consequently means that if I sneeze, I don't have to trawl through 250 papers of people saying untrue things and 250 pages of people responding with the truth. 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 17
No. If I don't know something I google it. It's easier than other people having to keep answering and consequently means that if I sneeze, I don't have to trawl through 250 papers of people saying untrue things and 250 pages of people responding with the truth. 😂
It was Princess Michael of Kent. No idea what relation she is, with all these hangers on I get confused.

Edit, I took your advice and Googled again, this is wife of Prince Michael of Kent, Queen Elizabeth II's first cousin

It would be easier to look the other way if the princess didn't have history of racism—but she unfortunately does. In 2004, she reportedly told a group of black customers in a West Village, NYC restaurant to "go back to the colonies" after she complained that they were being noisy.

Source: https://www.harpersbazaar.com/celebrity/latest/a14481097/princess-michael-of-kent-racist-brooch/

How many bloody people does this family have that my money supports? Benefits cheats get the publicity but these people don't?

Reactions: 12
It was Princess Michael of Kent. No idea what relation she is, with all these hangers on I get confused.

Edit, I took your advice and Googled again, this is wife of Prince Michael of Kent, Queen Elizabeth II's first cousin

How many bloody people does this family have that my money supports? Benefits cheats all.
I must admit, paying my £1.25 contribution to the RF every year kills me. I could buy 80 Tesco teabags (which don't sound very nice) and have change! 😂

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 6
????
It's shameful that William didn't express empathy for his brother and instead went straight into defensive mode.

The problem with that statement from teH qUeEn is that she has presumed to speak for the whole family. They are not a single unit, except when defending pedophiles. By making a statement that says recollections may vary they want to hide their hands and say they "misremember" when obviously there's not two ways to interpret a statement that enquires about your unborn child's skin colour.

People have said it is likely Prince Charles who made the statement, but I am sure it could also have been William. I'd have expect him to deny it was him or Kate but he hasn't. This truly disgusting family is exactly like the mafia. They will defend the most vile behaviour of their members as long as it fits their narrative.

???? “Went straight into defensive mode.” All the man said was that he hasn’t spoken to his brother yet but will be, and in answer to the “is the Royal family a racist family?” he said “we are very much not a racist family”. All said in the tone in which I’ve normally heard him speak, he didn’t appear emotional & certainly not defensive.

IMO the Royal family have a lot of problems (starting with Andrew) but they have dealt well with this. They are not about to get into a public tit for tat.

Does Harry have much empathy for William? He claimed to while at the same time allowing his wife to throw Kate under a bus & claiming his family/the firm were jealous of how good Meghan was at the job after their first tour. Harry seems to constantly demanding empathy & mentioning his mother, who was also his brother’s mother, there’s only 2/3 between them. Harry said a few years ago that he struggles with anger & he clearly does. Harry needs constructive therapy not Oprah. Within families people get sick of one person constantly playing the victim. His life hasn’t been harder than William’s.

I suspect the Queen is giving W&K a chance to enjoy their young family which she herself was denied. Charles is there anyway plus Anne & Edward so there is no need for W&K to do more. When he is king it’ll all be on them anyway

Reactions: 29

I think his response was appropriate. The statement from the palace already expressed the "sadness" and empathy for h and m from the whole family.

William would never say that it was not him or Kate that made this (alleged) comment -> then he would imply that someone else made it. We already know it wasn't PP or TQ and William would never hint at his father or Camilla.

Harry should have never made this comment publicly. Or if he really feels he needs to say this, then he should have put all the cards on the table and revealed everything - when was this conversation and who with

Reactions: 19
I couldn’t agree with you more!
The Kate bashing on this thread is awful. I think the Queen hugely struggled at the beginning with the burden placed on her and not being able to enjoy time with her husband and young children. I don’t think she wants that for her grandchildren so for William and Kate at the moment whilst their children are young, the focus is rightly on their family. When William is King, they will no longer have that choice but for now they do.
They still work hard as royals, they come across as extremely empathetic to me & kind and caring. They also seem happy as individuals and as a couple.
Charles and Anne were 5 and 3 when she became Queen. She buggered off to Malta for months without them even before she was Queen! She wasn't close to her children because she just wasn't close to them. William will likely not be King until the children are adults or at least teenagers. It's an insult to all working parents to believe their work is so difficult that they can't do it without neglecting their children! People have to work 8 hours a day and manage to bring up perfectly rounded children and be perfectly close to them, yet going to Wimbledon or going to a film Premiere or shaking some hands and asking inane questions for half an hour is so onerous it cant be done without depriving your children? The bollocks the Palace and Royal Reporters put out to justify this family existence! The work they do even as Monarch is not onerous, otherwise it would not be able to be done by a 94 year old.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 19
P
I think his response was appropriate. The statement from the palace already expressed the "sadness" and empathy for h and m from the whole family.

William would never say that it was not him or Kate that made this (alleged) comment -> then he would imply that someone else made it. We already know it wasn't PP or TQ and William would never hint at his father or Camilla.

Harry should have never made this comment publicly. Or if he really feels he needs to say this, then he should have put all the cards on the table and revealed everything - when was this conversation and who with
Or perhaps before each of them spoke to millions of people H&M could have clarified how many conversations took place & when because they both said different things. Most crucially even Meghan said she assumed racism with Oprah playing it up because that’s her role in this whole fiasco.
They both most know they ramifications of making such a serious allegation but they put it out there as an assumption. An assumption.
William played a blinder today IMO calm & collected. Harry is a loose cannon.

Charles and Anne were 5 and 3 when she became Queen. She buggered off to Malta for months without them even before she was Queen! She wasn't close to her children because she just wasn't close to them. William will likely not be King until the children are adults or at least teenagers. It's an insult to all working parents to believe their work is so difficult that they can't do it without neglecting their children! People have to work 8 hours a day and manage to bring up perfectly rounded children and be perfectly close to them, yet going to Wimbledon or going to a film Premiere or shaking some hands and asking inane questions for half an hour is so onerous it cant be done without depriving your children? The bollocks the Palace and Royal Reporters put out to justify this family existence! The work they do even as Monarch is not onerous, otherwise it would not be able to be done by a 94 year old.
The difference between 40 hours a week for a regular Joe & them is the scrutiny though. That said they could probably step it up a bit even just for public perception.

Given the number of issues amongst the Queen’s children perhaps the Queen wishes she’d been a more hands on parents. 3/4 children are divorced. I think Anne is the only one who has been scandal free (although I may stand corrected on that).

Last edited:
Reactions: 13
P

Or perhaps before each of them spoke to millions of people H&M could have clarified how many conversations took place & when because they both said different things. Most crucially even Meghan said she assumed racism with Oprah playing it up because that’s her role in this whole fiasco.
They both most know they ramifications of making such a serious allegation but they put it out there as an assumption. An assumption.
William played a blinder today IMO calm & collected. Harry is a loose cannon.

The difference between 40 hours a week for a regular Joe & them is the scrutiny though. That said they could probably step it up a bit even just for public perception.

Given the number of issues amongst the Queen’s children perhaps the Queen wishes she’d been a more hands on parents. 3/4 children are divorced. I think Anne is the only one who has been scandal free (although I may stand corrected on that).
They would have less scrutiny if they did something useful. The scrutiny is mainly around their workrate. Charles had set up the Princes Trust, Phil the DoE award, Harry Sentebale and Invictus all in their 30s and all after leaving the armed forces, yet William hadn't managed to do anything with anything as close to that impact. His family will benefit from the Royal gravy train continuing. No one else. Hes nearly 40 and he does what 150 engagements a year? Mostly with his wife, half of which are sporting events or entertainment things.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
They would have less scrutiny if they did something useful. The scrutiny is mainly around their workrate. Charles had set up the Princes Trust, Phil the DoE award, Harry Sentebale and Invictus all in their 30s and all after leaving the armed forces, yet William hadn't managed to do anything with anything as close to that impact. His family will benefit from the Royal gravy train continuing. No one else. Hes nearly 40 and he does what 150 engagements a year? Mostly with his wife, half of which are sporting events or entertainment things.
I’ll be honest I don’t know that much about royal engagements.

I know Kate has focused on kids which I think suits her as she’s obviously interested in kids.

So yes it seems they could probably do with stepping it up somewhat.

Reactions: 4
I thought that too. She wore it at Pippa's wedding too but not at M&H's... Strange.
View attachment 477377View attachment 477378
It seems so strange to make a nanny wear a uniform like that, it's like something from 1930s. I guess their whole set up is archaic, but you'd think you'd want someone looking after your kids that looked normal.

I've always thought this about William! Whatever else I might think about the others they have all set up something that has really benefited people. At my work we have DofE volunteers every year, it's a fantastic scheme. My brother got excellent support from The Prince's Trust when he was unemployed and look at the success of inviticus games. William could definitely have done something if he had the inclination, commitment or imagination. I suspect he has none.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
It seems so strange to make a nanny wear a uniform like that, it's like something from 1930s. I guess their whole set up is archaic, but you'd think you'd want someone looking after your kids that looked normal.

I've always thought this about William! Whatever else I might think about the others they have all set up something that has really benefited people. At my work we have DofE volunteers every year, it's a fantastic scheme. My brother got excellent support from The Prince's Trust when he was unemployed and look at the success of inviticus games. William could definitely have done something if he had the inclination, commitment or imagination. I suspect he has none.
Yes I've worked with kids doing the Dof E. It's really good and has stood the test of time. Both of those schemes have had a real, tangible benefit as have Invictus, and even Meghans projects, Grenfell kitchen and Smartworks. I agree hes just not passionate or imaginative enough to come up with anything like that.

Reactions: 9

I wonder why William gets away with being lazy but everyone around him is attacked, his wife, his brother...

Reactions: 15
William has been very involved in climate change and created the Earthshot prize. My mum is a scientist working on climate change and she says initiatives like this have made a big difference in funding.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
William has been very involved in climate change and created the Earthshot prize. My mum is a scientist working on climate change and she says initiatives like this have made a big difference in funding.
That's good to hear. I hope he expands on that and it becomes a really big thing. I'd genuinely like to see him really passionate about something, he has this unique position to do real good.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.