William and Kate

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don't normally comment on Kate, Will or Harry but out of curiosity did Kate start writing her book first or was it Meghan?

I saw that Kate recently has been leaving copies of her book across the UK. Honestly I find it a bit much, its like they are constantly are trying to outshine/prove they are better than Harry and Meghan. Seems strange that as soon as Meghan released her children book, Kate is leaving her book everywhere with some letter in.
This book is what is called in the museum world an exhibition catalogue, which are as a matter of course released alongside major exhibitions; Kate wrote the preface. Hold Still was an exhibition from 2020 of 100 photos chosen from a photo competition. It was put together by the NPG and Kate, their patron, and was online and on billboards due to the pandemic. They would have planned for the book when they first put together the idea for the photo competition and exhibition. So it's been in the works a long while. The publication date has likewise been known for a long time. Well before Meghan's children's book was announced.

Interestingly, It's also not the first book Kate's written a preface for. On my shelves I have a GCHQ Quiz book she wrote a preface for from a few years ago now! Linked to a Bletchley Park anniversary I think. The RF are often involved in books linked to their patronages.

The leaving books around the UK is an initiative of a organisation called Book Fairies, and is focused on sharing good books and literature around the world. https://ibelieveinbookfairies.com/

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I don’t think she wrote a book? She was involved in a photo competition/projected. And the winners are now shown in a coffee table book published by the National Portrait Gallery (where she is a patron of). I think she wrote the foreword and now gives out some. It’s not as if she presents herself as an author or similar?
I haven't really looked into the contents of it. Kinda thought she wrote some chapters in it about Covid, I now know that its a photograph book.

I just think the timing is suspicious, like they have chosen to show some on its content the day after Meghan has revealed her children's book. I like the idea of it, I'm sure it will go down in history of the pandemic.

the last 2 years Kate and Wills PR has been nothing but positive. Before Meghan and Harry not many people warmed to them and Kate had a lot of negative comments.

Reactions: 3
Loose Woman?.. The gov polls. The British ones, the ones that count. As the monachy is British not American. America has no control over the monachy. I do agree that PC may have work to do. But I do believe PW and Kate are popular enough.
Eh, I wouldn't take Loose Women to be at all representative of the nation as a whole.
Maybe not Loose Women, but the reaction after. Kate and Will are just as bad as Harry and Meghan and the rest of them, cunning PR moves and doing everything they can to stay relevant.

Reactions: 2
I never got people who defended them not working saying that they'll work when their kids are older or when the queen dies etc. Do people honestly believe that years of them being lazy and a light switch goes off and they're going to hit the ground running with engagements galore?

Kate has barely worked a day in her life to follow him around allegedly and William played pretend air ambulance for a while.
He did not play pretend air ambulance, he was often seen out on shouts when he was on Anglesey - The Duke of Cambridge served as a fully operational pilot on the Sea King Helicopter, flying over 1300 hours, first as Flight Lieutenant Wales and then Captain in June 2012. During his time at RAF Valley in Anglesey, William flew more than 150 search and rescue operations.

Reactions: 20
I haven't really looked into the contents of it. Kinda thought she wrote some chapters in it about Covid, I now know that its a photograph book.

I just think the timing is suspicious, like they have chosen to show some on its content the day after Meghan has revealed her children's book. I like the idea of it, I'm sure it will go down in history of the pandemic.

the last 2 years Kate and Wills PR has been nothing but positive. Before Meghan and Harry not many people warmed to them and Kate had a lot of negative comments.
Thats not how the publishing world works. The release will have been scheduled for months. Nothing to do with me-agains book.

Reactions: 18

I knew the book was going to be released today for a while now? Not sure why the timing is suspicious on Kate's end.

I do agree that they've been gearing up their PR since H&M with showing off the family more, modernising their approach and going on more engagements but their anniversary video was done last Autumn. They are wearing the same outfits as their Christmas card photo and they state that the Christmas card photo was taken earlier in the year. I think the anniversary video was always in the works.

Reactions: 7
I am not sure if they are that lazy?
What would be considered a healthy work load?

I assume that in addition to their engagements they also need to manage their staff and communicate with agencies etc behind the scenes.

One thing is for sure: if I had to look as groomed as Kate does every day I would need to get up way earlier than I do to do my job. I often wonder how long it takes for make-up, blow-dry, wardrobe selection etc.

Reactions: 8
I knew the book was going to be released today for a while now? Not sure why the timing is suspicious on Kate's end.

I do agree that they've been gearing up their PR since H&M with showing off the family more, modernising their approach and going on more engagements but their anniversary video was done last Autumn. They are wearing the same outfits as their Christmas card photo and they state that the Christmas card photo was taken earlier in the year. I think the anniversary video was always in the works.

Now that I know Kate's book was started during the first lockdown I guess its not really that suspicious. I think it was just all the positive PR with leaving the book across the UK. I just felt like it was too much and a way of showing I'm better then Meghan however someone said that it is linked to the Book fairies so that might be why.

I guess we don't know when Meghan decided to do her book, maybe she got the idea from Kate who knows. Surely her book took some time to produce though with all the illustrations.

All the PR from Kate and Will is starting to be over the top, especially with the release of their children's pictures for Diana. Also, some of the comments regarding Meghan are way over the top. It's like no matter what she does, people will always dislike her. The surrogate/bellygate theories are totally ridiculous too. I don't get why it matters if she hired a surrogate or not, Archie will never be king. At the time if they did state that they hired a surrogate I'm sure people would still say horrible things, be totally against it and use it as another reason to dislike her. If it true then the royal family are accountable for the lie too as they have continued to support it.

Don't even get me started on the fake Archie. Like ?? Do people really think they will get away with that.

Now that I know Kate's book was started during the first lockdown I guess its not really that suspicious. I think it was just all the positive PR with leaving the book across the UK. I just felt like it was too much and a way of showing I'm better then Meghan however someone said that it is linked to the Book fairies so that might be why.

I guess we don't know when Meghan decided to do her book, maybe she got the idea from Kate who knows. Surely her book took some time to produce though with all the illustrations.

All the PR from Kate and Will is starting to be over the top, especially with the release of their children's pictures for Diana. Also, some of the comments regarding Meghan are way over the top. It's like no matter what she does, people will always dislike her. The surrogate/bellygate theories are totally ridiculous too. I don't get why it matters if she hired a surrogate or not, Archie will never be king. At the time if they did state that they hired a surrogate I'm sure people would still say horrible things, be totally against it and use it as another reason to dislike her. If it true then the royal family are accountable for the lie too as they have continued to support it.

Don't even get me started on the fake Archie. Like ?? Do people really think they will get away with that.
I don't understand why people who hate Meghan don't just shut up about her then! They are the ones keeping her in the news and relevant. Why are they so obsessed with what a minor Royal (Harry) and his wife are doing? Leave them be. They are living independently and trying to make a living without taxpayers money. So what? If you hate them, ignore them. That goes for the Royals too. Maybe do something useful if you want the Monarchy to survive long enough for your kid to be King. They will still be King and Queen and heirs to the Throne even if they had planted a burning cross on the lawn outside Meghan and Harrys house dressed as the KKK. That's how Monarchy works. They don't need PR, they just need to not incite a revolution and who can be bothered organising that?

They’re damned if they do and damned if they don’t.
this is the one phrase that can sum up the royal family at the minute. no matter what they do people are complaining. they posted that photo of archie's christening for his birthday and people in the replies were saying that it was just a pr move because they hadn't posted a more recent photo of archie as if he hasn't been in another country since he was 5 months old. i don't really get the whole complaining about pr. everything they do is pr in some ways it's not like they're going to start releasing photos of kate pole dancing.

they aren't allowed to post a birthday greeting in uk time, it has to be in us time even though people in the uk would complain if it was on us time

if they hadn't posted people would be tearing strips out of them but because they have posted it's just a pr move.
funny, really.

i was a meghan fan (have never been a harry fan after his use of racist slurs) before the interview but people like these bombarding anything to do with the royal family with comments like these really do put me off her.

also this is horrific behaviour:

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 6

Hey I completely agree! I don't like H&M but the hatred and conspiracy theories is way over the top and shows that the couple had valid concerns but unfortunately I just can't get into them or the rave thread! I wish there was a middle ground thread. I also agree that the mothers day post was so cringe, they could've shown a picture of the kids making mothers day cards for the Queen, Camilla, Diana, Kate and her mum rather than just Diana who the kids never met.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I don’t think it’s that unusual that this year they will post more about Diana - the Mother’s Day etc - it is a big year for her remembrance-wise given it is her 60th birthday year and they’re unveiling her memorial statue in July.

Reactions: 4
After the year we’ve all had Kate and William and other royals have taken on big roles in boosting moral and being seen more frequently. I suspect with this pandemic and with an extremely frail Duke of Edinburgh and elderly Queen it’s time for the royal family dynamics to shift and with that modernise and be relevant while still retaining an element of mystery and intrigue and despite being family conscious and not wanting to overshare they work at finding balance.

• Heart
I think that the hate / love relationship some people have with Meghan will die down soon.
The Oprah interview was the last big thing that linked them to the BRF, there is not much more that they can do or say that will attract such a large audience.

I think it worked out well:
Harry is in cool California with a hot wife, a couple of kids and some nice jobs. Meghan has her prince and is in Hollywood / L.A.

The rest of the BRF seem to be harmonious and supportive of each other.

It could almost be seen as a win/win for everyone (ok, if there wouldn't have been that interview. If H and M had just quietly moved then yes).

Reactions: 4
Who's voting in their polls? Almost everyone I see online are starting to question them, Stacey Solomon was questioning them on Loose Women the other day, a massive public forum and the overwhelming majority of people were agreeing with her. They know that when Charles becomes King, they're going to have massive problems because he's just not as likable as the Queen, why else would they be advertising their family on their wedding anniversary?
If the internet and Stacey Solomon were any way to judge public opinions, the UK would still be in the EU with a labour prime minister and Donald Trump would never have been president. Instead the majority look at the people on Twitter just utterly perplexed by them. The UK, or at least England, is a conservative, traditionalist nation. Tony Blair had to basically be a red Tory to get Labour elected, I think the Queen would have to start a war before the people genuinely started to question the monarchy.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
If the internet and Stacey Solomon were any way to judge public opinions, the UK would still be in the EU with a labour prime minister and Donald Trump would never have been president. Instead the majority look at the people on Twitter just utterly perplexed by them. The UK, or at least England, is a conservative, traditionalist nation. Tony Blair had to basically be a red Tory to get Labour elected, I think the Queen would have to start a war before the people genuinely started to question the monarchy.
What gets me about Stacey Solomon is how she and other "influencers" are probably worse than the Royals. They flog tit they don't use or believe in to the public to buy and get money from that, have everything gifted so they can advertise to the public to buy at full price. They're all living in expensive houses that they probably couldn't even afford without the public yet don't raise awareness for charities or real causes (and if they do then its in between a swipe up)

Reactions: 15
Everyone says that Harry & Meghan are retaliating to Will and Kate, but since the Oprah interview the PR has stepped up massive from Will and Kate.. the advert director who they hired for their 10 year anniversary video, if you're so in love as you claim, why not just family pictures and clips? Who are they advertising themselves to? Find it strange they do so little, a few self-serving commitments and her 'book' is a compilation of other people's photographs with her name slapped on it. They're trying to slap back after the interview, because they know the vast majority of the public are slowly turning against the royals
That's not true though, now is it?:unsure:
Recent YouGov polls show that the royals, the real ones, not the drop outs, had an upsurge in popularity while the ones who tried to toss grenades at them via the Porka interview hit rock bottom, only just managing to stay above the twit Andrew.
Sounds about right from my experience among colleagues and extended family, where quite a few are as far from royal fans as it's possible to be.
The general British sense of fair play has appreciated the Royals being calm and controlled under a disgraceful unnecessary and untrue barrage of abuse and lies and can respect that they have maintained their dignity while others roll in the gutter trying to drag them down with them.
So yeah. More popular than ever, and rightly so.;)

I don't understand why people who hate Meghan don't just shut up about her then! They are the ones keeping her in the news and relevant. Why are they so obsessed with what a minor Royal (Harry) and his wife are doing? Leave them be. They are living independently and trying to make a living without taxpayers money. So what? If you hate them, ignore them. That goes for the Royals too. Maybe do something useful if you want the Monarchy to survive long enough for your kid to be King. They will still be King and Queen and heirs to the Throne even if they had planted a burning cross on the lawn outside Meghan and Harrys house dressed as the KKK. That's how Monarchy works. They don't need PR, they just need to not incite a revolution and who can be bothered organising that?
They(we) don't shut up because Ginge and Cringe won't stop putting out press releases trying to look busy and caring when they actually don't give a tit for anything other than making money.Three days in a row this week, .. lecturing govs and pharma to do what they are already doing FFS! ie Providing free vaccines and equipment to other struggling countries. The silly cunts are hopping on a bandwagon that left the station months ago. There are plane loads of Brit breathing aparatus sat in India since last week waiting to be distributed. Maybe go tell India to duck off the caste system so that the poor get to use medical aid, rather than it being exclusive to the higher castes and wealthy. But Mr & Mrs Cuntchops and Selena the kidney abuser would rather yap at Boris Johnson.They haven't a bloody clue.
You 'heard' Ginge whining at Porka that he only had the money his dead mummy left him (yah, his mummy died over 20 years ago, lest he let us forget). Oh boo bleeping hoo. So that's around 9 million quid, plus another 15 million from great granny due him in a coule of years ... and he was angry that daddy no longer was giving him the yearly 2+ million quid pocket money he was gifting him from the royal coffers. Plus his wifey is allegedly worth £5million. Newsflash lazy arse ... when you resign your job you lose the wages and the perks. It's called 'real life'. Get used to it.

As for the books. The Cambridge assisted one is totally for charity, every penny. Non profit for any person.
The smeggy vanity project one is for smeggy's new shoes and to pay the three separate PR companies they have churning out shite to make them look relatable and 'kind'. With a whole 1% to be donated to charity by the publishers, apparently standard procedure with many such books. It's not a huge leap to say the 'charity' smeggy has nommed will be her own created alleged charitable foundation ... yanno, the one copied from the clinton foundation that screwed over the victims of the Haitian earthquake back in the day.

So, when they get out of our faces lecturing and whining about their hard life we'll all have nothing to talk about now will we? :m The sooner the better.Greedy grasping bastards.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 20
That's not true though, now is it?:unsure:
Recent YouGov polls show that the royals, the real ones, not the drop outs, had an upsurge in popularity while the ones who tried to toss grenades at them via the Porka interview hit rock bottom, only just managing to stay above the twit Andrew.
Sounds about right from my experience among colleagues and extended family, where quite a few are as far from royal fans as it's possible to be.
The general British sense of fair play has appreciated the Royals being calm and controlled under a disgraceful unnecessary and untrue barrage of abuse and lies and can respect that they have maintained their dignity while others roll in the gutter trying to drag them down with them.
So yeah. More popular than ever, and rightly so.;)

They(we) don't shut up because Ginge and Cringe won't stop putting out press releases trying to look busy and caring when they actually don't give a tit for anything other than making money.Three days in a row this week, .. lecturing govs and pharma to do what they are already doing FFS! ie Providing free vaccines and equipment to other struggling countries. The silly cunts are hopping on a bandwagon that left the station months ago. There are plane loads of Brit breathing aparatus sat in India since last week waiting to be distributed. Maybe go tell India to duck off the caste system so that the poor get to use medical aid, rather than it being exclusive to the higher castes and wealthy. But Mr & Mrs Cuntchops and Selena the kidney abuser would rather yap at Boris Johnson.They haven't a bloody clue.
You 'heard' Ginge whining at Porka that he only had the money his dead mummy left him (yah, his mummy died over 20 years ago, lest he let us forget). Oh boo bleeping hoo. So that's around 9 million quid, plus another 15 million from great granny due him in a coule of years ... and he was angry that daddy no longer was giving him the yearly 2+ million quid pocket money he was gifting him from the royal coffers. Plus his wifey is allegedly worth £5million. Newsflash lazy arse ... when you resign your job you lose the wages and the perks. It's called 'real life'. Get used to it.

As for the books. The Cambridge assisted one is totally for charity, every penny. Non profit for any person.
The smeggy vanity project one is for smeggy's new shoes and to pay the three separate PR companies they have churning out shite to make them look relatable and 'kind'. With a whole 1% to be donated to charity by the publishers, apparently standard procedure with many such books. It's not a huge leap to say the 'charity' smeggy has nommed will be her own created alleged charitable foundation ... yanno, the one copied from the clinton foundation that screwed over the victims of the Haitian earthquake back in the day.

So, when they get out of our faces lecturing and whining about their hard life we'll all have nothing to talk about now will we? :m The sooner the better.Greedy grasping bastards.
Sounds like you're going to have an ulcer thinking about the sussexes.
This is the wills and Kate thread or at least I thought it was.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Why are people referring to Oprah as Porka? I can only assume it's a weight shaming thing and it's bang out of order imho.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.