William and Kate

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I like them as people, I don't even have much of an issue that they don't work as hard as other royals as they will be spending the rest of their lives working and thry have a young family which is their priority at the moment. It's their PR I have an issue with, it all feels like the timing of this is in retaliation to the Oprah interview and I'd much rather they just keep their heads down and get on with the job than try and make themselves accessible with these fake videos, and youtube channels. That being said if they decide to do an house tour like other youtubers do I'd totally watch that 😂

Reactions: 8
I never got people who defended them not working saying that they'll work when their kids are older or when the queen dies etc. Do people honestly believe that years of them being lazy and a light switch goes off and they're going to hit the ground running with engagements galore?

Kate has barely worked a day in her life to follow him around allegedly and William played pretend air ambulance for a while.

Reactions: 10
I never got people who defended them not working saying that they'll work when their kids are older or when the queen dies etc. Do people honestly believe that years of them being lazy and a light switch goes off and they're going to hit the ground running with engagements galore?

Kate has barely worked a day in her life to follow him around allegedly and William played pretend air ambulance for a while.
I don’t begrudge them it at all as they’ll be working for as long as they live with no retirement at 65, just potentially another 30 more years of work after. Don’t blame them for making the most of it until Charles becomes king and he needs to step up.

Reactions: 14

She should have married a millionaire businessman so she could be
A lady of leisure and go out to lunch, play tennis and go shopping for expensive clothes. It must be tedious for her to have to endure royal duties.

Reactions: 12
I don’t begrudge them it at all as they’ll be working for as long as they live with no retirement at 65, just potentially another 30 more years of work after. Don’t blame them for making the most of it until Charles becomes king and he needs to step up.
Although calling what they do work is insulting at least Charles, Anne and the Queen have been doing so from a very early age and even now do double the engagements that these 2 do.

That and they have a team of house staff and from people on here 3 nannies, with 2 of the children at school so what in the world are they doing all day?

Reactions: 13
Although calling what they do work is insulting at least Charles, Anne and the Queen have been doing so from a very early age and even now do double the engagements that these 2 do.

That and they have a team of house staff and from people on here 3 nannies, with 2 of the children at school so what in the world are they doing all day?
Well Wills is shagging the neighbours

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
The reason the job of Monarch can be done perfectly competently by a 94 year old is surely because it isn't onerous at all. There is no reason why they don't do as much as anyone else. Are they going to sit around until they are King and Queen before stepping up? That's ridiculous. They could be in their 60's by then if Charles lives as long as his parents.
Kate was moaning abut 'homeschooling' in lockdown even though whatever homeschooling she was doing, she has a highly educated nanny and staff on hand 24 hours a day to do every single other thing. If I had a nanny I wouldn't be supervising work given to my kids by their expensive private school, Id get her to do it. I think she was lying to make herself look like 'just another mum' when everyone knows she is not. I thought it was disingenuous. It annoyed me when I didn't really care what they did before.

Reactions: 13
William has said before that it was Harry who chose the ring and he the Cartier watch. It was presented as an agreed swap. He also said that he lugged the ring around Africa, terrified of losing it before finally presenting Kate with it.

Frankly, I think Meghan got the better deal.
Me too! Diana’s engagement ring is horrible, so dated and frumpy!

Reactions: 4
I agree and don’t really like sapphires, but I’d defo appreciate the sentiment of it being his beloved mums.

Reactions: 2
Yeah I’m sure that’s what they will do but my point still stands about not wanting to hear them say swipe up to subscribe like they did on insta, it makes me cringe hearing stuff that the influencers say. Not sure why they need their own YouTube and can’t just post it to the royal family one or will they be posting every video chat they ever do on there.
With the death of Prince Philip, I’m taking it as the family are preparing for the next phase of the family. In the next few years they could be the new Prince and Princess of Wales and are making slow transitions towards this.

The reason the job of Monarch can be done perfectly competently by a 94 year old is surely because it isn't onerous at all. There is no reason why they don't do as much as anyone else. Are they going to sit around until they are King and Queen before stepping up? That's ridiculous. They could be in their 60's by then if Charles lives as long as his parents.
Kate was moaning abut 'homeschooling' in lockdown even though whatever homeschooling she was doing, she has a highly educated nanny and staff on hand 24 hours a day to do every single other thing. If I had a nanny I wouldn't be supervising work given to my kids by their expensive private school, Id get her to do it. I think she was lying to make herself look like 'just another mum' when everyone knows she is not. I thought it was disingenuous. It annoyed me when I didn't really care what they did before.
I think it’s insulting to the Queen to say at her age what she does isn’t onorous. In 2019 pre pandemic she fulfilled 295 engagements at the age of 93.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I don't normally comment on Kate, Will or Harry but out of curiosity did Kate start writing her book first or was it Meghan?

I saw that Kate recently has been leaving copies of her book across the UK. Honestly I find it a bit much, its like they are constantly are trying to outshine/prove they are better than Harry and Meghan. Seems strange that as soon as Meghan released her children book, Kate is leaving her book everywhere with some letter in.

Reactions: 4
I don't normally comment on Kate, Will or Harry but out of curiosity did Kate start writing her book first or was it Meghan?

I saw that Kate recently has been leaving copies of her book across the UK. Honestly I find it a bit much, its like they are constantly are trying to outshine/prove they are better than Harry and Meghan. Seems strange that as soon as Meghan released her children book, Kate is leaving her book everywhere with some letter in.
Kate started work on her book last year during the first lockdown

Everyone says that Harry & Meghan are retaliating to Will and Kate, but since the Oprah interview the PR has stepped up massive from Will and Kate.. the advert director who they hired for their 10 year anniversary video, if you're so in love as you claim, why not just family pictures and clips? Who are they advertising themselves to? Find it strange they do so little, a few self-serving commitments and her 'book' is a compilation of other people's photographs with her name slapped on it. They're trying to slap back after the interview, because they know the vast majority of the public are slowly turning against the royals

Reactions: 8

I don’t think she wrote a book? She was involved in a photo competition/projected. And the winners are now shown in a coffee table book published by the National Portrait Gallery (where she is a patron of). I think she wrote the foreword and now gives out some. It’s not as if she presents herself as an author or similar?

Reactions: 20

Total proceeds go to charity. Kate gets nothing out of it. I think it’s a great idea and people are really getting into it. It’s different, unique.

Everyone says that Harry & Meghan are retaliating to Will and Kate, but since the Oprah interview the PR has stepped up massive from Will and Kate.. the advert director who they hired for their 10 year anniversary video, if you're so in love as you claim, why not just family pictures and clips? Who are they advertising themselves to? Find it strange they do so little, a few self-serving commitments and her 'book' is a compilation of other people's photographs with her name slapped on it. They're trying to slap back after the interview, because they know the vast majority of the public are slowly turning against the royals
The Royals have a massive population swing upwards in Britain and the Commonwealth since that interview. Take a look at the polls.

Reactions: 19
The Royals have a massive population swing upwards in Britain and the Commonwealth since that interview. Take a look at the polls.
Who's voting in their polls? Almost everyone I see online are starting to question them, Stacey Solomon was questioning them on Loose Women the other day, a massive public forum and the overwhelming majority of people were agreeing with her. They know that when Charles becomes King, they're going to have massive problems because he's just not as likable as the Queen, why else would they be advertising their family on their wedding anniversary?

• Haha
Who's voting in their polls? Almost everyone I see online are starting to question them, Stacey Solomon was questioning them on Loose Women the other day, a massive public forum and the overwhelming majority of people were agreeing with her. They know that when Charles becomes King, they're going to have massive problems because he's just not as likable as the Queen, why else would they be advertising their family on their wedding anniversary?
Loose Woman?.. The gov polls. The British ones, the ones that count. As the monachy is British not American. America has no control over the monachy. I do agree that PC may have work to do. But I do believe PW and Kate are popular enough.

• Heart
Eh, I wouldn't take Loose Women to be at all representative of the nation as a whole.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Oo
Eh, I wouldn't take Loose Women to be at all representative of the nation as a whole.
oops loose woman is an British show. Never heard of it and never watched it. I thought it was one of those American talk shows. Yes, I wouldnt take any notice of that show.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.