William and Kate #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have to disagree. My sister was diagnosed with breast cancer in December and the speed in which it has been dealt with is incredible.

Perhaps it’s a postcode lottery as they say but certainly where we live any diagnosis of cancer is dealt with speedily and urgently.
Oh of course. I just mean that if she were having to wait for NHS treatment, she’d have fewer choices. And I’m sorry about your sister. Cancer is a very cruel disease.

Reactions: 7
Cancer is such a shitter. It really doesn’t care who you are or what you do. We’ve lost several members of our family to it. What an awful time they must’ve been going through. Really hope she makes a full recovery.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 17
whats any of this got to do with Megan?
It boggles the mind, people preaching about kindness to Kate and yet still dragging another woman through the mud. Somehow they will make it Megan’s fault, they always do, it’s pathetic.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Whilst I don't like that Kate has had to do this the royals are not normal people and the rules are different. Their PR team should be sacked, all the nonsense could very easily have been avoided.

Reactions: 19
My friend is early 30’s (thank goodness now in recovery) but her preventative chemo and other treatments were no walk in the park - hair loss and menopause all to contend with as well as major surgeries. Her life as she knew it completely changed and now she is 2 years on still dealing with the after effects both emotionally and physically. Another friends partner went through everything without telling their young child very much. Why? because they felt that was right and didn’t want to worry them. Makes complete sense to me 🤷🏼‍♀️

With the speculation of facelifts, bbl’s, secret love children, divorce and even questioning if she could be wearing jeans, its no wonder some still cant understand why they were trying to protect their kids or even claim hers is a better situation than Charles’ 🫠

• Sad
Reactions: 12
Didn’t work for my mum as her hair was so thick :(
But it grew back.
And it would depend on the kind of chemo Kate is having - hopefully hers won’t be so brutal.
My mum had bowel cancer, and when chemo was discussed (she didn‘t need it in the end) she was told that it was a kind that meant you didn’t lose your hair.

Reactions: 8
My friend is early 30’s (thank goodness now in recovery) but her preventative chemo and other treatments were no walk in the park - hair loss and menopause all to contend with as well as major surgeries. Her life as she knew it completely changed and now she is 2 years on still dealing with the after effects both emotionally and physically. Another friends partner went through everything without telling their young child very much. Why? because they felt that was right and didn’t want to worry them. Makes complete sense to me 🤷🏼‍♀️

With the speculation of facelifts, bbl’s, secret love children, divorce and even questioning if she could be wearing jeans, its no wonder some still cant understand why they were trying to protect their kids or even claim hers is a better situation than Charles’ 🫠
She probably won’t be returning for a long while then

Reactions: 4
I am very sorry for her and wish her a full recovery the poor woman needs to be left alone. It's hellish for William having to watch his wife and father fight this terrible illness.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Very sad news for Kate and her family.

What on earth was Piers Morgan going on about a week or so ago, then??

Reactions: 5
My mum had bowel cancer, and when chemo was discussed (she didn‘t need it in the end) she was told that it was a kind that meant you didn’t lose your hair.
I did wonder about that - I’ve noticed other bowel cancer sufferers who haven’t seemed to lose theirs.
(My Mum had breast cancer - thankfully ok now. Hope your Mum is doing ok)

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I don't wanna be "that witch" but I don't feel like this adds up....am I the only one?

Cancelled appearances/travel plans.
She went in for a 'scheduled'/routine surgery.
Nine weeks of speculation.
Dodgy photos/video.
Royal insiders/friends claim she's on track to return to work after Easter...
Then suddenly she's having preventative chemo a week before Easter?

It doesn't take nine weeks to get pathology back to diagnose cancer for an NHS patient, so I seriously doubt it would take that long for a royal. I know preventative chemo isn't as intensive as other treatment plans, but there's no way she'll be ready to return to work so soon if she's just starting treatment. So "royal insiders" obviously weren't that deep inside or the palace wasn't planning on informing the public about the cancer.

I'm not saying it's not true, and I feel awful for anyone who's battling that evil illness, but with all that's gone on it just feels like the perfect 'excuse' to shut everyone up, and that makes me suspicious.

However, cancer rates are absolutely sky high right now and it stands to reason that the RF would be impacted by it, but for two to go down in such close succession? And Fergie too a few months back, if I recall?

That's some serious bad luck......or did they learn from Charles' announcement that sympathy will deter conspiracy?

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 34
Edward VIII and Wallis Simpson were full on Nazi supporters and had to be banished to the Bahamas as they were actually passing British intelligence to the Germans.

Philip's mother, as someone said, is recognised as having protected Jews during the war. I'm Jewish and not a big monarchist at all but the RF have generally been good to the Jewish community here and vice versa.
The recent book "Traitor King" by Andrew Lownie about the Duke and Duchess of Windsor post abdication is very interesting.

Princess Alice is buried in Jerusalem and was recognised by Israel as Righteous Among the Nations as was one of her in-laws (and therefore a relative of Philip's), Helen of Greece and Denmark, Queen Mother of Romania. Alice spent WW2 in Athens where the German invaders thought that they would get a welcome from someone who was born a German princess and had her four daughters married to German princes. They had to think again when Princess Andrew of Greece and Denmark told them to "get your tanks out of my country". Her father had been in the Royal Navy and became First Sea Lord, both her brothers were in the RN, as were her son and nephew.

I don't wanna be "that witch" but I don't feel like this adds up....am I the only one?
I think the timing is concerning the children being on their Easter holidays from today. Obviously their well-being and protecting the children must be paramount in their parents’ minds.

Reactions: 14
Just to play devils advocate a bit, many on here harped on about how Karen from down the road has the right to privacy and so, so should Kate.

Absolutely correct, but - Karen from down the road wouldn’t have been able to keep information from her employers to justify why she wasn’t working. Karen would probably be back at work already actually. Not saying any of that’s right but makes it more than clear that the royals aren’t just her from down the road - and shouldn’t be treated as such. This is their job and if they don’t like it or can’t handle it properly, then leave 🤷‍♀️
"Karen" absolutely can keep information from her employers. A sick note does not have to contain detailed medical information, it can simply say unfit to return to work due to post surgery recovery. It is up to the individual to share more information. If you need accomodations to return to work then you may share more information but it should be limited to people who need to know unless you choose to share information.

Reactions: 9
It boggles the mind, people preaching about kindness to Kate and yet still dragging another woman through the mud. Somehow they will make it Megan’s fault, they always do, it’s pathetic.
Am I missing something here because all I've seen on this thread since the news was announced is people saying how terrible it is that people will blame Meghan, without anyone actually saying anything about Meghan?!

Cancelled appearances/travel plans.
She went in for a 'scheduled'/routine surgery.
Weeks of speculation.
Dodgy photos/video.
Royal insiders/friends claim she's on track to return to work after Easter...
Then suddenly she's having preventative chemo a week before Easter?

It doesn't take five weeks to get pathology back to diagnose cancer for an NHS patient, so I seriously doubt it would take that long for a royal. I know preventative chemo isn't as intensive as other treatment plans, but there's no way she'll be ready to return to work so soon if she's just starting treatment. So "royal insiders" obviously weren't that deep inside or the palace wasn't planning on informing the public about the cancer.

I'm not saying it's not true, and I feel awful for anyone who's battling that evil illness, but with all that's gone on it just feels like the perfect 'excuse' to shut everyone up, and that makes me suspicious.

However, cancer rates are absolutely sky high right now and it stands to reason that the RF would be impacted by it, but for two to go down in such close succession? And Fergie too a few months back, if I recall?

That's some serious bad luck......or did they learn from Charles' announcement that sympathy will deter conspiracy?
One in two people will get cancer. Statistically there is nothing odd about it at all.

Reactions: 11
Am I missing something here because all I've seen on this thread since the news was announced is people saying how terrible it is that people will blame Meghan, without anyone actually saying anything about Meghan?!
There was at least one about how M needs to get down from her high horse about how she’s had it worse, or something weird to that effect

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.