William and Kate #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’d feel the same. However, I will add Charles, at the time wasn’t allowed to marry Camilla who was herself already married. Charles and Diana was a marriage of convenience and I don’t believe Kate and Wills is.
The Camilla hate is from huge Diana fans who really believe Di was innocent and sweet.
It was a bit of a marriage of convenience in my view. I think he probably did come under a lot of pressure from the Middletons to either make a proper commitment to her or break it off entirely and probably a bit of pressure from his family too to not seem like a playboy prince as he got older. I think left to his own devices he'd have probably spent a few more years playing the scene while his hair held out before settling down with a Sloaney aristocrat type who perhaps would have been less fixed on having a traditional happy middle class family set up.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 22
It was a bit of a marriage of convenience in my view. I think he probably did come under a lot of pressure from the Middletons to either make a proper commitment to her or break it off entirely and probably a bit of pressure from his family too to not seem like a playboy prince as he got older. I think left to his own devices he'd have probably spent a few more years playing the scene while his hair held out before settling down with a Sloaney aristocrat type who perhaps would have been less fixed on having a traditional happy middle class family set up.
An aristocrat type just like Rose. Maybe she is William’s Camilla.

• Wow
Reactions: 10
Aristocratic love…. Kate was never going to be there forever. I wonder what the C of England thinks?

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 2
William & Kate #4 Royal wives lose their heads, Katherine of Aragon beheaded and Catherine of Where-ya-gone, photoshopped
---
I live in Spain and last year the papers here reported that William spent Valentines day with Rose Hanbury and gave her a pearl necklace. I have translated the article so it reads a bit weird but here is a snippet.

1710342013523.png

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
William & Kate #4 Royal wives lose their heads, Katherine of Aragon beheaded and Catherine of Where-ya-gone, photoshopped
---
I live in Spain and last year the papers here reported that William spent Valentines day with Rose Hanbury and gave her a pearl necklace. I have translated the article so it reads a bit weird but here is a snippet.

View attachment 2812871
Gave her a pearl necklace! I bet he did! 😂 fnar fnar. Sorry, I’ve got a sense of humour forged by a misspent youth chortlelling to Roger Mellie’s profanisaurus! Still do in fact, it’s still on me bookshelf!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 45
Well this is utter nonsense. We live in a globalised society connected by the Internet, where are the Spaniards tweets showing the Spanish newspapers with translations? Where are the Brit holidaymakers tweets showing the Spanish newspapers?
British people tend to be monolingual, so this is why you never find out about things! Unless it's published in Scotland where many of these injunctions often don't apply under Scottish/Roman law.

Reactions: 8
Why did William not marry Rose in the first place

Did he not learn anything from his father, and the ruination of his mum

Reactions: 9
Where did rumours come from about the prince of pegging & Rosie, was there something specific that appeared to happen or did 'those in the know' leak something then it snowballed?

Why would it be so unbelievable considering Charles was carrying on with Camilla from practically his honeymoon.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
It is indeed weird that most royals after the queen married “commoners”, even though Diana was titled and an aristocrat, she was still a commoner. Anne, Edward, Andy and Margo all married quite normal, middle/upper class untitled people and so have their children. Gone are the days when an heir to a throne had to marry another member of royalty. I think Willy was mad about Isabella Calthorpe but she didn’t reciprocate the feeling.

Reactions: 2
It is indeed weird that most royals after the queen married “commoners”, even though Diana was titled and an aristocrat, she was still a commoner. Anne, Edward, Andy and Margo all married quite normal, middle/upper class untitled people and so have their children. Gone are the days when an heir to a throne had to marry another member of royalty. I think Willy was mad about Isabella Calthorpe but she didn’t reciprocate the feeling.
Didn’t they also have to marry virgins? No wonder there was an age gap with Charles and Diana as he wouldn’t have come across many 30 year old virgins!

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Didn’t they also have to marry virgins? No wonder there was an age gap with Charles and Diana as he wouldn’t have come across many 30 year old virgins!
I'm sure I remember her father telling the press that she was a virgin, it was very ick

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
---

View attachment 2812871
Katherine of Aragon wasn’t 4th or beheaded 😉. She was first and survived (and gave him a lot of bother). Katherine Howard was 4th and second to lose her head.
(sorry ☺).

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.