Will you be doing anything for New Years Eve?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Me and hubby spending tonight and tomorrow at my mums we normally stay up and watch the new year in and watch the fireworks. We have never gone out to celebrate we don't drink so not really in to pubs anyway.

Reactions: 3
I am going to a club with friends tonight! Havent been able to do anything fun for new year the last couple of years because of covid and work so in excited!

I'm staying in myself with my 6 month old puppy. Would much rather be out but my friends don't seem to invite me to anything these days. Cheese coma incoming...

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Will have party food and snacks with my husband and our 7 and 5 year old sons, maybe play a few of their new board games and stay up for the bells. Husband and I will have a few drinks then go to bed.

A quiet night in with family. I can't be bothered going out. A lot of places are charging to get in, then the drinks will be overpriced and what are we celebrating really? Time? Yay.

Reactions: 4
Absolutely sweet FA. The same as the last few years. I don’t think I’ve celebrated it properly since about 2018. I don’t particularly like it much and find it quite a depressing, odd night anyway but I’ve not been well and have just finished my second course of antibiotics which have left me feeling as crappy as they always do. Been to a fair few parties over the years but the best ones have always been the quiet ones with just a handful of people.

Reactions: 5
I’m a bit of a new years grinch, it’s just not something I have ever really enjoyed. I don’t like the pressure of having to do something because it’s new years although I think over the years that pressure has faded as more people seem to stay in.

We are going to cook a curry from scratch and then a night in front of the box. My 6 year old will probably go to bed at normal time as she doesn’t do late nights! I’m really going to try and stay awake until midnight because I usually go to bed and leave my husband downstairs on his own to see in the new year 🙈🤣

We just stay in, watch tv and see the fireworks. Long gone are the days of partying on nye.

Reactions: 5
I’m a bit of a new years grinch, it’s just not something I have ever really enjoyed. I don’t like the pressure of having to do something because it’s new years although I think over the years that pressure has faded as more people seem to stay in.

We are going to cook a curry from scratch and then a night in front of the box. My 6 year old will probably go to bed at normal time as she doesn’t do late nights! I’m really going to try and stay awake until midnight because I usually go to bed and leave my husband downstairs on his own to see in the new year 🙈🤣
it’s a weird one isn’t it? Cause I think people feel they need to do something special to mark it like a special occasion but also new year feels a bit like any other Saturday night with some fire works thrown in and tomorrow we’ll all just be thinking about how we’re going back to work in a few days.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Had a rubbish year so nothing to celebrate - this year will just be me and my OH at home. Will cook a nice dinner, have a drink or two and chill. If I’m awake at midnight it will be a miracle 😂
Ditto, more than glad to see the back of 2022. I will be at home with my cats :ROFLMAO: will make something nice for dinner and watch a film on netflix or something. Any recomendations for anything good are welcome!
I don't think I have done anything special for NY since I was about 28 (and am now 36)

• Heart
I have work at 5am tomorrow and if we have any alcohol in our system at all we get fired- curry night with no beer and an early night it is! Quite relieved to not feel the pressure to go anywhere really

We usually go to my Aunty's NYE bash but Dad was the driver of the House so can't get this Year.
So instead our local Panto (Nottingham Playhouse) has a on demand option so we've bought that to watch, plus I just saw Stereophonics concert is on iplayer( live on tv if you have BBC Wales) Happy New Year everyone however you spend it I hope its a good Night x

• Heart
Go get nails done in the morning, then home, some work, head out to get fancy food both me and the family enjoy (fancy crisps, nice ready meal - drink of choice, stuff we wouldn’t usually get, the unhealthy bits). Into pjs, comfy clothes, tv on with Jules! Enjoying the last bits of Christmas. Just happy and filled. I love it. Nice and cozy!

Reactions: 6
It's just like any other Saturday night here. Husband made fajitas for dinner, we don't drink so are just having cups of tea or soft drinks and we will watch Jools Holland later and the fireworks at midnight. Every other NYE has been very similar to this one, I'm really not bothered by it but I do also like to hear the Big Ben chimes for the New Year.

We’ve got this non covid but just as bad coldy virus that’s going around so I’m going to bed at a reasonable time 😅🤧😷

I find new years eve really triggering and I honestly don't know why, it started when I was little girl I just always ended up crying when the family would sing auld lang syne then bawl my eyes out when my grandad would go out the back door and in through the front to welcome in the new year I literally had no reason to be so upset but I couldn't help it, Even though I'll be glad see to see the back of 2022 i can already feel that I'm going have to bugger off up to bed before midnight and leave them to it because it just brings out the misery in me even now as an adult 😢

• Heart
Reactions: 9
We have just watched the Arsenal game, come on you gunners! Played a couple of board games and will probably go to bed early. I am absolutely hanging from last night, drunk 2 bottles of prosecco, drunk walked the dog round the block, walked into a Bush and have a cut on my eye :ROFLMAO: then I proceeded to fall asleep and then woke at 3am to throw up four times. In years gone by we have stayed in, had friends round and played games, drunk wine and watched Jules Holland.

Me and my boyfriend are gonna watch big fat quiz of the year with some drinks. We play along and every time we get a question wrong we have a shot 😆 we did it last year and i was hungover the next day to say the least. then when that’s finished we’ll watch a film with a drink and some snacks. then go to bed!