Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

MeghanSnarkle

VIP Member
I find new years eve really triggering and I honestly don't know why, it started when I was little girl I just always ended up crying when the family would sing auld lang syne then bawl my eyes out when my grandad would go out the back door and in through the front to welcome in the new year I literally had no reason to be so upset but I couldn't help it, Even though I'll be glad see to see the back of 2022 i can already feel that I'm going have to bugger off up to bed before midnight and leave them to it because it just brings out the misery in me even now as an adult šŸ˜¢

• Heart
Reactions: 9

latranla

At home with family , was obsessed with celebrating it in my twenties in clubs etc but now a club or west end is a nightmare thought to me on new years , quite like watching the fireworks on tv and a class of wine to see in the new year but thatā€™s about it!šŸ˜‚

Reactions: 8

shadowcat5

VIP Member
Mine will just be at home watching the tv. I donā€™t really care for new year, January starts the 27th of December for me šŸ˜‚

Some People!

Chatty Member
I'll be on my own, at home, knocking about in a very ordinary way.
I'm burned out, tired, and turned down the few non-awful options available. I'm looking forward to it!
I'll spend the day taking down and packing away the decorations and doing a bit of housework then in the evening I'll have a drink, eat the last of the garbage food, fill in my Year Compass and maybe get an early night šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø

• Heart

emmer_moans

VIP Member
It does feel like itā€™s less of a ā€œthingā€ these days whereas in the late 90s and early 00s it seemed there was more of a pub/club/party presence for New Years Eve. There were some fireworks last night and i think more people stay home now. When I looked out at 12:10AM there were hardly any house lights on. Iā€™m glad thereā€™s less pressure to party.

Reactions: 7

shadowcat5

VIP Member
Iā€™m a bit of a new years grinch, itā€™s just not something I have ever really enjoyed. I donā€™t like the pressure of having to do something because itā€™s new years although I think over the years that pressure has faded as more people seem to stay in.

We are going to cook a curry from scratch and then a night in front of the box. My 6 year old will probably go to bed at normal time as she doesnā€™t do late nights! Iā€™m really going to try and stay awake until midnight because I usually go to bed and leave my husband downstairs on his own to see in the new year šŸ™ˆšŸ¤£
itā€™s a weird one isnā€™t it? Cause I think people feel they need to do something special to mark it like a special occasion but also new year feels a bit like any other Saturday night with some fire works thrown in and tomorrow weā€™ll all just be thinking about how weā€™re going back to work in a few days.

• Heart

ScorpioMoon

We don't particularly enjoy it but we've booked a hotel to eat cheese and listen to 90s music before our baby arrives in january. A last hurrah if you will.

Suzesnooze

VIP Member
This is exactly how I feel and always have done. Nothing bad has ever happened to me or anyone I know on NYE either so I canā€™t explain why I feel do. Maybe its something to do with a fear of the unknown and what the future will hold?
Iā€™m the same. I hate Jan/Feb. I donā€™t relax into a new year until about March as I start new year thinking ā€˜what will happen this yearā€™ but only think of bad things. Itā€™s got worse as Iā€™ve got older.

• Heart
Reactions: 6

D2them

I'm staying in myself with my 6 month old puppy. Would much rather be out but my friends don't seem to invite me to anything these days. Cheese coma incoming...

• Heart

Gym&Tonic

VIP Member
I find new years eve really triggering and I honestly don't know why, it started when I was little girl I just always ended up crying when the family would sing auld lang syne then bawl my eyes out when my grandad would go out the back door and in through the front to welcome in the new year I literally had no reason to be so upset but I couldn't help it, Even though I'll be glad see to see the back of 2022 i can already feel that I'm going have to bugger off up to bed before midnight and leave them to it because it just brings out the misery in me even now as an adult šŸ˜¢
This is exactly how I feel and always have done. Nothing bad has ever happened to me or anyone I know on NYE either so I canā€™t explain why I feel do. Maybe its something to do with a fear of the unknown and what the future will hold?

• Heart

JSquared

VIP Member
Had a rubbish year so nothing to celebrate - this year will just be me and my OH at home. Will cook a nice dinner, have a drink or two and chill. If Iā€™m awake at midnight it will be a miracle šŸ˜‚

• Heart

Warpaint

VIP Member
Over the years this seems to have become less of an event. I remember even 10 years ago a lot of pubs were virtually empty past 9 and everyone just went home or off to parties. And a lot of people answer now when I ask them is "Spending it at home with Jules" - but even that doesn't seem a big TV event like it once was.

I'm working NYD so it's an early night for me anyway

chapterthree

Go get nails done in the morning, then home, some work, head out to get fancy food both me and the family enjoy (fancy crisps, nice ready meal - drink of choice, stuff we wouldnā€™t usually get, the unhealthy bits). Into pjs, comfy clothes, tv on with Jules! Enjoying the last bits of Christmas. Just happy and filled. I love it. Nice and cozy!

lilyannrose

Chatty Member
NYE/NY means absolutely nothing to me. I've never understood the fuss. I don't begrude people their fun but I hate the expectation that I'm supposed to be falling over myself in desperation to mark the day.

I like to go to bed early but then the fireworks wake me up, so will probably just watch TV or read like I usually do.

youRjokingHunz

Chatty Member
Working a night shift .. dealing with whatever the public decide to do
To themselves .. in a way I get to celebrate it.. just may be in unique circumstances

• Heart
Reactions: 5

Web30

VIP Member
Im not sure who my husband thinks we are but hes said to me tonight "next year we should go to a house party"
No one in our family or friends throw house partys new years eve and i wont be throwing one here. šŸ˜…

• Haha

Gym&Tonic

VIP Member
Absolutely sweet FA. The same as the last few years. I donā€™t think Iā€™ve celebrated it properly since about 2018. I donā€™t particularly like it much and find it quite a depressing, odd night anyway but Iā€™ve not been well and have just finished my second course of antibiotics which have left me feeling as shitty as they always do. Been to a fair few parties over the years but the best ones have always been the quiet ones with just a handful of people.

shadowcat5

VIP Member
I feel you! I get anxiety around this time of year because of the thought of a whole year of unknown is a bit scary for me. I think there is so much pressure on being 'better' and completing resolutions.

Were you over stimulated as a kid maybe? I had an epiphany the other day that the reason I get so much anxiety around christmas time is because christmas when I was a kid was so chaotic, we didn't have a second to breath. I just remember being so stressed and stimulated on christmas day and feeling all the adults' stress around me.

• Heart