Will you be doing anything for New Years Eve?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I find new years eve really triggering and I honestly don't know why, it started when I was little girl I just always ended up crying when the family would sing auld lang syne then bawl my eyes out when my grandad would go out the back door and in through the front to welcome in the new year I literally had no reason to be so upset but I couldn't help it, Even though I'll be glad see to see the back of 2022 i can already feel that I'm going have to bugger off up to bed before midnight and leave them to it because it just brings out the misery in me even now as an adult šŸ˜¢
I feel you! I get anxiety around this time of year because of the thought of a whole year of unknown is a bit scary for me. I think there is so much pressure on being 'better' and completing resolutions.

Were you over stimulated as a kid maybe? I had an epiphany the other day that the reason I get so much anxiety around christmas time is because christmas when I was a kid was so chaotic, we didn't have a second to breath. I just remember being so stressed and stimulated on christmas day and feeling all the adults' stress around me.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Im not sure who my husband thinks we are but hes said to me tonight "next year we should go to a house party"
No one in our family or friends throw house partys new years eve and i wont be throwing one here. šŸ˜…

• Haha
I find new years eve really triggering and I honestly don't know why, it started when I was little girl I just always ended up crying when the family would sing auld lang syne then bawl my eyes out when my grandad would go out the back door and in through the front to welcome in the new year I literally had no reason to be so upset but I couldn't help it, Even though I'll be glad see to see the back of 2022 i can already feel that I'm going have to bugger off up to bed before midnight and leave them to it because it just brings out the misery in me even now as an adult šŸ˜¢
This is exactly how I feel and always have done. Nothing bad has ever happened to me or anyone I know on NYE either so I canā€™t explain why I feel do. Maybe its something to do with a fear of the unknown and what the future will hold?

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Iā€™m currently in pyjamas, reading a good book (Sapiens, worth checking out) and drinking a cup of tea.

I did love a good Hogmanay bash up until my early 30s, used to be out at parties or pubs, but for the past few years Iā€™ve just sat in and watched a movie or something. Itā€™s all a bit anti-climatic, thereā€™s so much pressure to enjoy It. But nothing really changes, does it? Just the date. I just canā€™t get excited about it any more, and Iā€™d rather the peace of my own company than pretending Iā€™m excited for the sake of the crowd Iā€™m with.

The rain hammering on my roof has made me extra glad I have no plans tonight šŸ˜‚
Tis pissing down here, but I've just been outside having a cig and watching the fox who visits here alot eating some roasties I chucked out earlier!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Had a few drams earlier and now Iā€™ve got a god awful channel 5 90s music show on. Do the likes of that Toyah Willcox get put away in a freezer until next year? Thankful for the rain šŸŽ† Will try and sleep soon.

A lot more people are open about their ambivalence to NY now so itā€™s easier to swerve than Christmas. Just avoid the usual culprits on social media.

Reactions: 2
This is exactly how I feel and always have done. Nothing bad has ever happened to me or anyone I know on NYE either so I canā€™t explain why I feel do. Maybe its something to do with a fear of the unknown and what the future will hold?
Iā€™m the same. I hate Jan/Feb. I donā€™t relax into a new year until about March as I start new year thinking ā€˜what will happen this yearā€™ but only think of bad things. Itā€™s got worse as Iā€™ve got older.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I watched a film with my fam and we ordered pizza. After that I went to my boyfriends, we had a few drinks and started a jigsaw. Brought the bells in with a wee whiskey. Walked the doggo around 1am and it started to snow (quite a nice moment). Few more drinks then bedā€¦ā€¦ bliss!

Reactions: 4
I watched a film with my fam and we ordered pizza. After that I went to my boyfriends, we had a few drinks and started a jigsaw. Brought the bells in with a wee whiskey. Walked the doggo around 1am and it started to snow (quite a nice moment). Few more drinks then bedā€¦ā€¦ bliss!
Mine was really peaceful and lovely as well!

Gorgeous meal, a whisky, fireworks, countdown then bed and up early :)

Trifle and coffee for breakfast šŸ¤£

• Heart
Reactions: 3
It does feel like itā€™s less of a ā€œthingā€ these days whereas in the late 90s and early 00s it seemed there was more of a pub/club/party presence for New Years Eve. There were some fireworks last night and i think more people stay home now. When I looked out at 12:10AM there were hardly any house lights on. Iā€™m glad thereā€™s less pressure to party.

Reactions: 7
I noticed a lot of my neighbours had gone to bed before midnight because all their outdoor Xmas lights had been turned off and their houses were in darkness. Theyā€™d been on earlier in the evening. There were fireworks for about fifteen minutes afterwards and that was it. I couldnā€™t drink because Iā€™ve had a nasty water infection that has taken two lots of antibiotics to get rid of and so it feels refreshingly nice to wake up on New Years Day with a clear head šŸ˜‚

Reactions: 2
There were more fireworks going off by mine at about 9pm/9.30 than there was at midnight. Definitely think itā€™s become less of a thing in recent years

Reactions: 1