Will Smith

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Everyone “deserves” a good slap sometimes. The fun part of living in a society under the rule of law is that the citizens are expected to control their base urges to smack each other around. It’s a first-world thing, I suppose.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 89
If they did a show with Jada introducing Will to one of the guys she cheated on him with it would probably end up with Will crying and hugging it out with him.

• Haha
Reactions: 94
He deserved that 🤦‍♀️
Making a joke about her appearance when it's due to a medical condition was in very poor taste, but I'd say Rock probably wasn't aware of that. Bit of an awks move when he went on to win. 😳 He could have just spoken about it after though. Or hit him after. Pulling a kanye was a bad idea.

Strange dynamics in that 'open relationship' though anyway that he's obviously sensitive about.

Reactions: 94
Rebel Wilson also took a pop at them at the BAFTAS. I guess she had a lucky escape?

Generally speaking assaulting comedians for making jokes seems like a really bad idea.

• Heart
Reactions: 100
Will seemed a bit unhinged really, also either that was a terrible slap or Chris Rock took it like a champ: either way just looks worse for Smith really. Yeah, it was a distasteful joke from Rock but that's his whole schtick.

• Heart
Reactions: 91
Rebel Wilson also took a pop at them at the BAFTAS. I guess she had a lucky escape?

Generally speaking assaulting comedians for making jokes seems like a really bad idea.
Making a joke about something that's due to a medical condition is on a different level though. As much as her alopecia probably isn't life threatening, I'm sure losing her hair was very hard mentally.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
What a bizarre turn of events. Despite his whole "Mr Nice Guy" persona, Will Smith has always made me feel uneasy, but I could never put my finger on exactly why. They have a strange, cultish family dynamic all round.

• Heart
Reactions: 186
Making a joke about something that's due to a medical condition is on a different level though. As much as her alopecia probably isn't life threatening, I'm sure losing her hair was very hard mentally.
A different level that warrants punching the guy?

• Heart
Reactions: 45
As soon as he went up on the stage I thought to myself, "Oh no, we have a Kanye situation." Nope, it was a manchild committing full blown assault on live TV. Just when the Oscars couldn't suck any harder this year, Will Smith has to suck the air out of the room. A little indie film won best picture, but it is all about Will Smith hitting Chris Rock. Congratulations Will, even when you shuffle off your mortal coil, this incident will exist ad infinitum asshole.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 151
What a bizarre turn of events. Despite his whole "Mr Nice Guy" persona, Will Smith has always made me feel uneasy, but I could never put my finger on exactly why. They have a strange, cultish family dynamic all round.
Isn't he known for having a bit of a short fuse? I seem to remember he's had incidents with photographers before.

And someone on a different site pointed out that a good comparison to this is the Zinadine Zidane incident at the World Cup.

Reactions: 17
Just my armchair perspective but I think he feels deeply emasculated by Jada’s affair and their talking about it publicly which was really cringe.

• Heart
Reactions: 154
The amount of people trying to justify Will Smith's behaviour is mind-boggling.

Jada has alopecia, not cancer. The joke was not out of line, it was barely a joke at all.
Chris is a comedian- this is what they do!
Jada says she's a strong woman and nothing can tear her down, apart from one lame joke apparently.
Will was laughing at the joke and only reacted when he noticed Jada wanted a different response.
Will physically assaulted Chris. This was a quip, easily laughed off, not to be escalated. His response was not okay. Violence and aggression are not okay.
Will doubled down and screamed/ verbally assaulted Chris even when he knew his response was out of line- he saw everyone's horrified faces and still chose to double down.
Will then said he was doing god's work and was a vessel of love. That's an interesting way to show love. He didn't even have the decency to apologize to Chris when he was on stage.

He was immature and short tempered. It was a terrible choice. He should be ashamed.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 455
It’s very sad. I agree that there’s something very off about the Smith family, however, there’s no doubt that Will has grafted his tits off to get where he is and prove he’s a quality actor, as well as a big box office star. This should have been his moment; the pinnacle of his career to take all the love (sycophancy) from his peers and spend the rest of his working life picking from plum roles only. As it stands, he’s a laughing stock and will forever be regarded as having a toxic temper a la Russell Crowe. It’s really sad.

As for Chris Rock, he’s a comedian in the Jimmy Carr vein for goodness sake. If you’re not the butt of his jokes you’re laughing hard at him. His schtick was tame compared to the stuff Ricky Gervais pounded out at the GGs. He’ll come out of this very well.

• Heart
Reactions: 128
Oh wow, there’s a side to Will we haven’t seen before.

I really like him, he’s one of my favourite actors. Very odd move though. I’m sure they’ve faced worse than this before, there are constant rumours about their marriage. I guess it only takes one off night for someone to become a… Bad Boy (sorry).

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.