Who wants to go to the office?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
We were required to do antigen testing three times a week before coming in, but it's stopped now.

I truly think governments and companies have decided to put this COVID pandemic behind regardless of what happens. They've clearly got better things to worry about. It seems a bit strange to me that we go from mandatory WFH to suddenly COVID is no longer a thing overnight.

Reactions: 6
Not everybody wants to work from home. I like hybrid, I like my colleagues and I also like being at home. Employers will see their staff posting their holiday, nights out, festival and family day photos on social media and will naturally then, as its business as usual want staff in. We can't help ourselves, we complain its back to the office but then mjx with people in bars and clubs etc.
Never said everyone wants to work from home though. 🤷🏻‍♀️ i wasn't going on holidays, festivals out to bars etc. I was staying isolated, missing close friends big birthdays and making sure the people around me who are vulnerable were fed, had their housework sorted and bills paid.

Fair enough if ppl just cba to go into the office but its so so wrong to just stereotype everyone and cast judgement on why they are doing what they are doing. Im so worried now the government have just decided they cba with covid that i will end up losing someone because some moron has happily gone about their day, clearly ill with covid

Reactions: 4
Never said everyone wants to work from home though. 🤷🏻‍♀️ i wasn't going on holidays, festivals out to bars etc. I was staying isolated, missing close friends big birthdays and making sure the people around me who are vulnerable were fed, had their housework sorted and bills paid.

Fair enough if ppl just cba to go into the office but its so so wrong to just stereotype everyone and cast judgement on why they are doing what they are doing. Im so worried now the government have just decided they cba with covid that i will end up losing someone because some moron has happily gone about their day, clearly ill with covid
I would order some tests if you are worried. My husband still tests twice a week. We do have to live with it but I agree its still a worry.

I have the mother of colds, and my covid test last night and it was negative

I found it hard to stop myself sneezing in office and on public transport!
But I’m only human…

I have the mother of colds, and my covid test last night and it was negative

I found it hard to stop myself sneezing in office and on public transport!
But I’m only human…
Yep, we were all in the office last week and all I heard was coughing and sneezing. We'd never be in if we took days off for a cold.

Reactions: 2
Not everybody wants to work from home. I like hybrid, I like my colleagues and I also like being at home. Employers will see their staff posting their holiday, nights out, festival and family day photos on social media and will naturally then, as its business as usual want staff in. We can't help ourselves, we complain its back to the office but then mjx with people in bars and clubs etc.
I like hybrid too, I love the office but also love the opportunity to WFH. I have staff under me and many complain they're too scared to come in but I see from Facebook that they're in pubs, restaurants and cinemas etc. It's infuriating, I'm having to work with higher management and get them in, plus listen to their concerns but they're really not helping themselves by playing the vulnerable card while clearly carrying on in their personal lives!

We've done this lockdown and restrictions thing for 2 years, we're vaccinated. Covid is not going away ever, it's not a case of CBA, its how long can we continue with this?!? Should we have restrictions for the rest of our lives? Should we isolate forever despite vaccinations etc? People aren't morons, we just need to live with this now

• Heart
I like hybrid too, I love the office but also love the opportunity to WFH. I have staff under me and many complain they're too scared to come in but I see from Facebook that they're in pubs, restaurants and cinemas etc. It's infuriating, I'm having to work with higher management and get them in, plus listen to their concerns but they're really not helping themselves by playing the vulnerable card while clearly carrying on in their personal lives!

We've done this lockdown and restrictions thing for 2 years, we're vaccinated. Covid is not going away ever, it's not a case of CBA, its how long can we continue with this?!? Should we have restrictions for the rest of our lives? Should we isolate forever despite vaccinations etc? People aren't morons, we just need to live with this now
Im not saying we should isolate forever. Its just become very much a case of "im alright jack" meanwhile people ARE still sick and ARE still dying, including vaccinated people. Usually those at high risk like my family members. I take all the precautions i can but ultimately if some moron goes into the office with covid because that great numpty boris said its ok, i might end up giving it to my family members.

I just hate this attitude of "we have to live with it" its complete nonsense. What youre saying is, im just gonna go back to normal, sod your family. I dont want to lose members of my family for absolutely no good reason! Even when i go to the office i try to keep peole at a distance who go on like that but ultimately what can i do.
No doubt the same people, will roll their eyes when I have to take time off for my family members funerals

Im not saying we should isolate forever. Its just become very much a case of "im alright jack" meanwhile people ARE still sick and ARE still dying, including vaccinated people. Usually those at high risk like my family members. I take all the precautions i can but ultimately if some moron goes into the office with covid because that great numpty boris said its ok, i might end up giving it to my family members.

I just hate this attitude of "we have to live with it" its complete nonsense. What youre saying is, im just gonna go back to normal, sod your family. I dont want to lose members of my family for absolutely no good reason! Even when i go to the office i try to keep peole at a distance who go on like that but ultimately what can i do.
No doubt the same people, will roll their eyes when I have to take time off for my family members funerals
If a 'moron' goes into the office with covid its because they won't know they have it. Unless we have another strain that causes far worse symptoms that omicron, yes we do have to live with it. I'm sorry your family are ill but keeping a roof over my head and paying my bills are also important. Once free tests stop next month we won't know we have it. Will your employer let you WFH full time?

If a 'moron' goes into the office with covid its because they won't know they have it. Unless we have another strain that causes far worse symptoms that omicron, yes we do have to live with it. I'm sorry your family are ill but keeping a roof over my head and paying my bills are also important. Once free tests stop next month we won't know we have it. Will your employer let you WFH full time?
If you read, people were going to the office knowing fine well they had covid. I give as much of a sh*t about you paying your bills as you do about my family, so thank you and good day

• Wow

But we do have to live with it. It's not going away. Like flu didn't go away! It's here to stay.
So at what point should those "morons" be allowed into work in your opinion?
After another year, 3? 5? Because by then employers will get sick and tired of people staying it home. Sickness trigger points will cause warnings and lack of pay won't be sustainable! Keep your distance from people by all means, but the rules allow people to carry on with life without judgement for doing it!

But we do have to live with it. It's not going away. Like flu didn't go away! It's here to stay.
So at what point should those "morons" be allowed into work in your opinion?
After another year, 3? 5? Because by then employers will get sick and tired of people staying it home. Sickness trigger points will cause warnings and lack of pay won't be sustainable! Keep your distance from people by all means, but the rules allow people to carry on with life without judgement for doing it!
But you do have to acknowledge that ‘the rules’, such as they are, are not really based on scientific fact. The rules we have today were rushed through by a certain politician who wanted to deflect attention away from other things - though being honest, it’s a shame he didn’t wait as we now have a war going off and I’m sure plenty couldn’t have been hidden by that. There’s no reason, other than appealing to base-level politics, why we couldn’t have continued to encourage mask-wearing or made a sensible challenge to the culture of presenteeism at work. A lot of jobs *can* be done at home (not all, that’s true) but if someone has a streaming cold but still feels they can work why not say ‘you know what, it’s more sensible that you stay at home rather than spreading this on your commute and around your office’. We’ve seen that the hygiene and distancing actions over the past couple of years have reduced things like flu and norovirus significantly, which surely is a good thing?

It really saddens me to see how binary the discussion about WFH has become. We’re still in a pandemic and it’s been a frightening and grief-filled time for many, many people. Not everyone is back to normal and not everyone is going to be able to feel normal overnight just because a politician says a disease is done with - 194 people still died yesterday with covid, and something like 45k people are ill with covid today who weren’t a week ago. Ultimately, living with covid is going to have to happen but that does mean accepting that people will continue to die - we should recognise that for those people where that’s already happened, or for those people living with higher risks, that’s still a scary thought. I also think that people can often say things like that in the abstract, but will probably feel quite differently when it’s their kids, partners, parents. Yes, we have to live with covid but it’s a big shift in mindset given how safe we’ve been from disease for most of our lifetimes.

Reactions: 7
Unless we get a new variant that is far and away worse than what we've seen, regardless of what anyone says we WILL have to get used to it and live with it. Flu can kill 20k people a year in the UK and we live with that. We will see more understanding about the virus and more treatments to hopefully prevent the majority of deaths.

But you do have to acknowledge that ‘the rules’, such as they are, are not really based on scientific fact. The rules we have today were rushed through by a certain politician who wanted to deflect attention away from other things - though being honest, it’s a shame he didn’t wait as we now have a war going off and I’m sure plenty couldn’t have been hidden by that. There’s no reason, other than appealing to base-level politics, why we couldn’t have continued to encourage mask-wearing or made a sensible challenge to the culture of presenteeism at work. A lot of jobs *can* be done at home (not all, that’s true) but if someone has a streaming cold but still feels they can work why not say ‘you know what, it’s more sensible that you stay at home rather than spreading this on your commute and around your office’. We’ve seen that the hygiene and distancing actions over the past couple of years have reduced things like flu and norovirus significantly, which surely is a good thing?

It really saddens me to see how binary the discussion about WFH has become. We’re still in a pandemic and it’s been a frightening and grief-filled time for many, many people. Not everyone is back to normal and not everyone is going to be able to feel normal overnight just because a politician says a disease is done with - 194 people still died yesterday with covid, and something like 45k people are ill with covid today who weren’t a week ago. Ultimately, living with covid is going to have to happen but that does mean accepting that people will continue to die - we should recognise that for those people where that’s already happened, or for those people living with higher risks, that’s still a scary thought. I also think that people can often say things like that in the abstract, but will probably feel quite differently when it’s their kids, partners, parents. Yes, we have to live with covid but it’s a big shift in mindset given how safe we’ve been from disease for most of our lifetimes.
It was my parent though... it was my Dad who lost his life to Covid at under 60 years old. Maybe it's made me realise life is too short, I don't know! So yes I do perhaps feel quite differently because I've been there and now I want to enjoy my time!

• Heart
Reactions: 3

👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

By the same mentality the "live with it" gang have we should just live with cancer... get them lazy dying fckers into the office! They dont need sick do they? HIV?STDS? why bother testing? If you dont know you have it, who is it going to harm?

We could have really progressed from covid to change this bums on seats attitude towards working, care for people who are ill, less fortunate. But its just the same old isn't it. Let those less fortunate suffer. Trample over the sick.

It was my parent though... it was my Dad who lost his life to Covid at under 60 years old. Maybe it's made me realise life is too short, I don't know! So yes I do perhaps feel quite differently because I've been there and now I want to enjoy my time!
Do you know who he caught it off ? Was it you? Or totally avoidable?

Great if you can live with the what ifs, good for you. I cant.

Reactions: 1
👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

By the same mentality the "live with it" gang have we should just live with cancer... get them lazy dying fckers into the office! They dont need sick do they? HIV?STDS? why bother testing? If you dont know you have it, who is it going to harm?

We could have really progressed from covid to change this bums on seats attitude towards working, care for people who are ill, less fortunate. But its just the same old isn't it. Let those less fortunate suffer. Trample over the sick.

No it absolutely wasn't me. Unfortunately I didn't get to see him due to Covid, I'm not sure who he caught it off and like with the flu or a cold, we will never know

Also you can't compare this to Cancer! You were calling people who go to work morons! This is not about cancer, it about you name calling people who are making a living within the rules set.

Reactions: 3
👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

How can you compare cancer to covid? I've had my jabs, so have my family and I followed all the rules. You're welcome to spend the rest of your life indoors but my employer won't let me do that. Calling people selfish for going into work or possibly facing the sack is ridiculous.

Reactions: 7
👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

It’s about making a personal judgment. Also, cancer isn’t contagious and neither is HIV pretty much these days.

Reactions: 5
How can you compare cancer to covid? I've had my jabs, so have my family and I followed all the rules. You're welcome to spend the rest of your life indoors but my employer won't let me do that. Calling people selfish for going into work or possibly facing the sack is ridiculous.
Lol ok "Homebird" i never said i would stay indoors but yea whatever.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.