Which shops do you miss?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
There seems to be so many high street shops closing that I thought we can discuss any popular ones that have now, sadly, closed.

I used to enjoy buying clothes from Principles, and still miss them.

But the biggest loss IMO is Debenhams. It was my go to for shoes, as they had a huge selection of many brands, all under one roof. I also bought the majority of my Xmas shopping at Debenhams, especially on Black Friday as their offers were brilliant. Many of their stores still remain empty and don't look good in cities and shopping malls.

And now, I've just realised that The Perfume Shop seems to be closing many of their outlets, which I regularly visited.

Reactions: 9
Woolworths and bhs
I remember going shopping with my mum when I was a child we would go and have dinner in bhs restaurant and then go woolworths for some sweets for the bus ride home. 😍

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Debenhams for me too. I love department stores and Debenhams had the best concessions in there, plus all the megaday shopping for Christmas.

our local John Lewis has gone too so no department stores near us.

I miss Dorothy Perkins and Wallis, they maybe still trading but there aren’t any shops near us. Clothes shops these days have such crap quality clothes, have you noticed how t shirts are all that thin material, none of those lovely thick cotton ones we had years ago that never went out of shape.

Netto because it was so ghetto,you could find some random crazy things inside.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
C&A
Woolworths
Debenhams
BHS
Ect.
Strangely enough, John Lewis moved into a former shopping mall in my locality, a few years ago. Bucking the trend of shops closing down.

Reactions: 4
Woolworths for sure! Their pic n mix counter and Christmas tat 😍
We used to have a stationers nearby (small chain in the north west) called Partners, it was amazing and started my obsession with stationery!
Any shop that sold stickers on the roll 😍
I miss the House of Fraser of old…..

Reactions: 5
Blockbusters. Nothing would beat Friday night, going out to pick up a movie and pick and mix!

British Homes Stores used to love the lights and lamps :- )
Yes this ! . Christmas was always British Home Stores & Woolies .

& Of course Thorntons chocolate, it always seemed such a treat because you could only buy it in the shop . It's just not the same buying it from Tesco without sampling the freebie chocolate of the day ..

Reactions: 7
Netto because it was so ghetto,you could find some random crazy things inside.
I remember telling my mum I’d rather die than take a Netto bag to school 😂

C&A
Woolworths
Bay trading
Dolcis

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 3